Tuesday Update：Super Monkey Ball And The Legend of Heroes Games Coming to Switch, Plus More News！
Please support me by shopping here
(use JPNINTENDO for 5% off)!
After months of rumours, trademarks, and rating; Sega Games finally announced Tabegoro ！Super Monkey Ball for release on Nintendo Switch on 31 October as a remake of the Wii release. The game was later renamed Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz HD for release in the west two days earlier!
● More information regarding Tabegoro ！Super Monkey Ball will be in this week’s issue of Weekly Famitsu. Famitsu reported that the game will have additional functions which will likely be revealed tomorrow. Check out the teaser scan from Famitsu here along with the first trailer and 10 screenshots.
● The WEB animation of the upcoming Ninja Box game will debut on 08 August and be released each Thursday after that. Check out the teaser webpage here.
● UserJoy announced the online RPG The Legend of Heroes: Akatsuki no Kiseki Mobile for release on the Japanese Switch eShop later this Summer with basic play free but with in-app purchases. Promo video posted here.
● Hamster announced the 1987 Taito beat ’em up Arcade Archives The Ninja Warriors for release on the worldwide Switch eShop this week (18 July) priced at ¥823. The remake of the remake releases next week! Promo video and screenshots posted here.
● Game Freak’s 2D action game GIGA WRECKER ALT. will now release in Japan on 24 October. We assume it will be digital only and published by Rising Star Games (it originally was planned to be before being postponed). Famitsu scan posted here.
● And Perfect World announced they will be publishing the action RPG dungeon crawler Torchlight 2 in Japan on 03 September priced at ¥2,350. Again it is assumed digital only, but it hasn’t been confirmed. Announcement trailer posted here.
● Dragalia Lost players saw a gift of 10 exquisite honey to commemorate the release of Chapter 9: The Princess’s Party. Brunhilda’s Trial double drops event also began where during this event, drop rewards you can obtain from Brunhilda’s Trial will be doubled.
● Fire Emblem Heroes saw Røkkr Sieges begin where the aim is to combine forces at either Beginner, Intermediate, or Advanced difficulty, and defeat the evil Røkkr fir rewards such as Orbs or Hero Feathers.
● Pokémon GO will have a collaboration with One Piece on its third Japanese anniversary (and One Piece’s 22nd) on 22 July with Straw Hat Pikachu appearing in the wild along with avatar items available. Full details posted here.
● Super Mario Run updated to Version 3.0.15 requiring 214.5 MB and which implements bug fixes.
● GEO rankings for the week also have Super Mario Maker 2 at number one with reported strong numbers, GOD EATER 3 debuted at number two in a “strong start”, and Yo-kai Watch 4 at number three.
● Nintendo Co., Ltd. shares dropped slightly by -40 (0.10%) in Japan to close trading for the day at 41,610.00 JPY. The company are also recruiting for “Video / Cut Scene Production” and a “Collaborative Development / Supervised Designer”.
● Capcom announced that Resident Evil 5 and Resident Evil 6 will release for Nintendo Switch on 29 October. A Resident Evil Triple Pack packaged release with physical RE4 and codes for RE5 and RE6 was also announced priced at $59.99.
● The first teaser trailer for Puzzle & Dragons GOLD here.
● The theme song “Nijiiro no Natsu” for Atelier Ryza: Ever Darkness & the Secret Hideout by Kanda Sayaka here.
● Six gameplay videos for Katakoi Contrast -Collection of Branch- here.
● And off-screen gameplay footage for River City Girls here.
● Thanks to Naruki for news tips, BlackKite for translations, Brion Furnell Creative for design, and to everybody for following. Please also check out my new Toad fansite, follow me on Twitter @japaneseswitch, and please buy me a coffee!