Thursday Update：Nintendo Stock Surges After Nintendo Switch Lite Announcement, Plus Much More News！
Please support me by shopping here
(use JPNINTENDO for 5% off)!
After yesterday’s Nintendo Switch Lite announcement, Nintendo Co., Ltd. stock surged by a massive 4.15% on a day when the Nikkei average was relatively flat. The stock price closed trading at 41,660.00 JPY which is the new highest level since late September 2018.
● Bandai Namco Entertainment announced that the second Switch Gundam game (well third if you count the Super Famicom port on the eShop), SD Gundam G Generation Cross Rays will release on 28 November priced at ¥8,200 + tax for the standard version, and ¥12,000 + tax for the Premium G Sound Edition. Japan will have a new consumption tax rate from October which is why I have posted the prices excluding tax for all products releasing after October! Check out the latest promo video here.
● Our Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Squid Quo Pro post is now complete with artwork added for Squid Sisters, Off the Hook, Octoling Octopus, Bisk, Li’l Judd, Crusty Sean, Octoling, Murch, Jelonzo, Octoling Girl & Octoling Boy, and Annie.
● Level-5 announced that the Version 2.3.0 update for Yo-kai Watch 4 will release in early August adding the new Yougoku Sumo Hall map, the super strong Raidenryu enemy, more new yokai (full details have not been announced), and both Enma and Nurarihyon. Check out the artwork, plus a promo video seemingly trolling Game Freak as it features yokai that will be added in future updates, here.
● The top players in the Mario Tennis Aces June Online Tournament have been posted with Peach at number one. The highest Toad player was at a lowly #74.
● I posted this on the front page and over on Twitter, that Nintendo confirmed that you can play downloaded software on multiple Nintendo Switch consoles that are linked with the same Nintendo Account as long as it’s not simultaneous. It’s not exactly new news, but surprisingly more people than I thought were not aware of this fact.
● Taito announced that The Ninja Warriors Once Again will release for Nintendo Switch worldwide on 25 July priced at ¥3,024. The Japanese release looks like being digital only but the Asian release (as The Ninja Saviors: Return of the Warriors) will include a packaged version. New promo video posted here.
● Merge Games will also be publishing the open world farming adventure game Stranded Sails on the Japanese Switch eShop this October with Kakehashi Games localising. Announcement trailer here.
● Lionsfilm today published the online fantasy RPG Shoujo to Dragon Genjuu Keiyaku Cryptract on the Japanese Switch eShop as a free download but with paid orbs priced at ¥500 for 5 right through to ¥10,000 for 100 (+ 10 bonus orbs). Only Japanese language is supported and just 37.0 MB is required for the initial download.
● Today’s other Japanese Switch release is the high speed ball game Lethal League Blaze which also saw a playable demo. The full game is priced at ¥2,000 and published by Oizumi Amuzio.
● Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp saw both the Hello Kitty Cookie and Cinnamoroll Cookie open for business. Check out the full list of available items along with a video for each here and here. Check out full details of the Gyroidite Scavenger Hunt: Sanrio Characters Collection, Sanrio Characters Crafting Collection, and Sanrio Characters Goals #1 here.
● Dragalia Lost saw the Summon Showcase, Flames of Reflection, a new facility event, also called Flames of Reflection, and the Flame-attuned adventurer upgrade event all begin. Check out the featured adventurers Ramona and Rena, the featured dragon Arctos, and the introduction video here. In other news: new wyrmprints were added to the Treasure Trade for wyrmprints lineup, Astral Pieces (an item used to challenge Astral Raids) will now drop from main campaign quests and event quests, and An epilogue has been added to the raid event revival New Year’s Tidings: Fortune from Afar. The new augments game element will be added to the game on 15 July after clear Chapter 9: The Princess’s Partyof the main campaign, which will also be added on the same say.
● Dr. Mario World had a great clean magazine advert in Weekly Famitsu magazine this week. Check out the scan here.
● Fire Emblem Heroes saw a new map in Tactics Drills: Skill Studies. Tempest Trials+: Lessons Learned with 5★ Special Hero Fiora: Defrosted Illian will now begin tomorrow.
● Super Mario Run players saw a gift of Rally Tickets x10, a Gold Fireworks Cannon, a Silver Fireworks Cannon, and a Fireworks Cannon sent to their Gift Box to celebrate the launch of Dr. Mario World.
● Check out this week’s full Nintendo-only software and hardware charts here with Super Mario Maker 2 with a further 83,204 units sold, Yo-kai Watch 4 now above 200k, Attack on Titan 2: Final Battle opening with 19,127, and Nintendo Switch hardware increasing to a massive 75,481.
● And check out this week’s Nintendo-only Famitsu Most Wanted here with Pokémon Sword／Shield again on top, Animal Crossing: New Horizons up to number two, plus increases for both TRIALS of MANA and for The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2.
● The new Dragon Quest game is apparently moving along as series creator Yuji Horii says he’s attending meetings almost weekly discussing it. Check out the full translation here. The certain place he was talking of was for the Dragon Quest IX 10th Anniversary livestream along with Ryutaro Ichimura, Akihiro Hino, and Jin Fujisawa. No remake of the game was announced although it was at least discussed with Switch being name-checked as the potential platform.
● Tom Create opened up a teaser site for a game that will be revealed on 18 July. Tidbits of information and artwork will be released at 14:00 JST each day.
● Tennis, Baseball, and Beach volleyball trailers for Tokyo 2020 Olympics The Official Video Game here.
● The Sanrio Characters Collection #1 video for Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp here.
● The launch trailer for Dr. Mario World here.
● God Eater 3 “in three minutes” here.
● A second trailer for the DRAGON QUEST XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age – Definitive Edition voice drama here.
● The Japanese trailer for Koral Sango Umi no Tanken here.
● A Famitsu livestream with Honoka Kuroki playing PixARK here.
● Thanks to Naruki for news tips, BlackKite for translations, Brion Furnell Creative for design, and to everybody for following. Please also check out my new Toad fansite, follow me on Twitter @japaneseswitch, and please buy me a coffee!