Tuesday Update：Dr. Mario World Launches And An Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp Crossover Event With Sanrio Characters！
Please support me by shopping here
(use JPNINTENDO for 5% off)!
Huge news for two of Nintendo’s mobile games today with the release of Dr. Mario World a day early in many parts of the world and perhaps the most ambitious crossover to date for Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp with several Sanrio crossover events and items coming to the game later on this week…
● Dr. Mario World begins with only Dr. Mario of the game’s 10 doctors playable. None of the games 32 assistants are electable at start-up. Within an hour of play, players will get to select either Dr. Mario, Dr. Peach, or Dr. Bowser (pick wisely as the other two are behind the game’s gacha paywall) and have Goomba as an assistant. The game plays differently than traditional Dr. Mario (bottom to top) but is perfectly suited to mobile. Unfortunately the game’s gacha mechanics will likely turn off a lot of players. Read our report from the first couple of hours of gameplay and the available characters here.
● After Super Mario, Splatoon 2, and Pokémon collaborations; Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp is looking further afield with the Sanrio Characters Collection. Beginning on Thursday with Hello Kitty and Cinnamoroll items from fortune cookies and from the crafting collection. Gyroidite Scavenger Hunt: Sanrio Characters Collection also kicks off with 10 character tees plus some Hello Kitty amenities. A Hello Kitty bow will be the latest Gift For All. Also planned are My Melody and Pompompurin character items in late July and Little Twin Stars and Keroppi in early August. Check out all the available images here.
● Check out screenshots and a video for the Splatoon 2 collaboration event in TETRIS 99 here. DLC 2 was also detailed and adds a Local Arena mode where you can play a local match with up to 8 people, and a 2P Share Battle mode that allows you to play Joy-Con separately.
● Prototype announced that the visual novel collection The Grisaia Trilogy will release for Nintendo Switch in Japan on 07 November as Grisaia no Kajitsu Meikyuu Rakuen Full Package and priced at ¥7,776 for physical and ¥6,800 for digital. Check out the box art here.
● Gust revealed that the development for Atelier Ryza: Ever Darkness & the Secret Hideout is currently 95% complete and is expected to make the 26 September release date. Check out today’s hour-long livestream with 15 minutes of gameplay footage here.
● Sega Games announced there will be four free future updates for Tokyo 2020 Olympics The Official Video Game adding four sports. Rugby arrives in September, Judo in November, Climbing in February, and 4×100m relay in April.
● And in the Fortnite v9.30 patch notes adding the new item, Air Strike (trailer here) with the Limited Time Mode Rotation seeing High Explosives Squads, Sneaky Silencers Solo, Classic Squads, Solid Gold Duos, Catch Squads, and Blitz Squads. Creative added four new galleries (Car Gallery B, Snow & Mud Floor Gallery, Grass & Sand Floor Gallery, and Lava Floor Gallery).
● Furi developers The Game Bakers announced the adventure RPG Haven for worldwide Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and Steam release in 2020. Check out a teaser trailer and gameplay trailer posted here.
● In other Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp news: the game updated to Version 2.5.0 adding new Happy Homeroom normal classes, the ability to bundle snacks and feed animals more at a time, improvements to Market Box, the ability to favourite furniture and clothing, plus much more detailed here. Each player receives 20 x Leaf Tickets at log-in.
● Dragalia Lost was updated to Version 1.9.1 that fixes a bug that sometimes prevented progression after completing Ch. 7 / 5-6 of the main campaign, A Bond to Unite the Land, a bug that sometimes prevented progression after completing quests in The Mercurial Gauntlet, and a bug where the Home screen would darken and it would become impossible to progress. Each player also receives 300 x Wyrmite at log-in.
● Dr. Mario World is now out (see above) with the first event being the Welcome Event where Flying ? Blocks appear on select stages. clear the stages to receive a reward (which include 250 x Coin, 500 x Coin, 1,000 x Coin, 3 x Heart, 5 x Diamond, and 1 x Staff Ticket).
● Fire Emblem Heroes saw Special Heroes: Summer Refreshes begin featuring Ursula: Clear-Blue Crow, Lilina: Beachside Bloom, Wolt: Sunbeam Archer, and Lyn: Lady of the Beach. Introduction video and artwork posted here. The Special Orb Promo: July is also now available where you can purchase 21 Orbs and get 6,000 Hero Feathers as an additional bonus gift.
● Famitsu revealed the best-selling games in Japan for June (27 May-30 June) with Super Mario Maker 2 at number one with 196,153 units sold, Yo-kai Watch 4 narrowly second with 191,097, Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu third with 75,505, Doraemon Story of Seasons fourth with 65,544, and Super Smash Bros. Ultimate rounding off the top five with 46,339. Nintendo Switch was the best-selling console with 189,307 units sold.
● Nintendo Co., Ltd. shares increased incrementally by +30 (0.07%) in Japan today to close trading for the day at 40,540.00 JPY.
● Nintendo of Europe announced that TETRIS 99 will be available at retail on 20 September with the physical version including all content from the Big Block DLC.
● Netflix are working on an animated Cuphead comedy series as reports The Hollywood Reporter. The article also states that the game has sold over four million units since launch.
● A promo video for Jakou no Lyla ~Trap of MUSK~ here.
● A trailer for Curly Brace in Umihara Kawase Fresh! here.
● An English Nintendo Switch “Games for Every Gamer!” video featuring Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, Mortal Kombat 11, Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield, and more here.
● The Alliance Alive HD Remastered “Unlikely Heroes” character trailer here.
● And the Doctors & Assistants #3 video for Dr. Mario World featuring Dr. Peach, Dr. Toad, and Dr. Wendy and the latest Virus Vid here.
● Thanks to Naruki for news tips, BlackKite for translations, Brion Furnell Creative for design, and to everybody for following. Please also check out my new Toad fansite, follow me on Twitter @japaneseswitch, and please buy me a coffee!