Monday Update：Alcremie, Yamper, Rolycoly, & Duraludon Officially Revealed For Pokémon Sword／Shield, Plus Much More News！
Please support me by shopping here
(use JPNINTENDO for 5% off)!
New Pokémon Sword／Shield news dropped including a trailer, four new Pokémon officially revealed (Alcremie, Yamper, Rolycoly, and Duraludon), along with the Sword exclusive Pokémon (Deino and Jangmo-o) and Gym leader (Bea) and the Shield exclusive Pokémon (Larvitar and Goomy) and Gym leader (Allister)…
● Check out the official artwork for the new Pokémon here and for the game specific characters here. Early purchases of the digital version of the game will receive a special code for 12 Quick Balls. Check out some of the retailer bonuses here.
● Bandai Namco Entertainment announced that Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth Hacker’s Memory (the Complete Edition) will release in Japan on 17 October (a day before the western release) priced at ¥6,458. Check out the box art and promo video here.
● Bandai Namco Entertainment also opened up the teaser website for One Piece Kaizoku Musou 4 (One Piece: Pirate Warriors 4).
● The next batch of SD Gundam G Generation Cross Rays information, including a second promo video, will be delivered to the Famitsu website on 11 July at 21:00 JST (05:00 PT). Check out the first promo video here.
● Success have submitted Umihara Kawase Fresh! Version 1.0.2 which includes Curly Brace from Cave Story as a playable character. The release is likely imminent!
● Prototype revealed that the next shipping date for CLANNAD is undecided, but they expect an additional production. Additional shipments have been decided for Summer Pocket and are expected on 26 July.
● The Japanese Switch eShop updated today with a limited time demo for Tokyo 2020 Olympics The Official Video Game. The demo is only available until 17 July and playable until 23 July, with the only three sports being 110m hurdle, 200m individual medley, and Tennis. The game is also available to preload priced at ¥5,389.
● Lionsfilm announced the free-to-play online fantasy RPG Shoujo to Dragon -Genjuu Keiyaku Cryptract- (known as just Cryptract in the west) for release on the Japanese Switch eShop this week (11 July) at 16:00 JST. Promo video posted here.
● Red Blue Games announced the top-down action adventure game Sparklite will also be releasing on the Japanese Switch eShop. Teaser trailer posted here.
● Tripper Room announced that the Touhou Project 2D action game Yoiyami Dreamer: Voice of the Dreambringer will release on the Japanese Switch on 25 July with preloads live from 18 July.
● Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp saw new Summer Sea Star Goals including the new limited sea stars. Check out the full list of target shells here.
● Dragalia Lost saw the Japanese voice played when the adventurer Sylas uses his Woodland Spear skill changed (only the line and not the actual voice actor for Sylas).
● Fire Emblem Heroes updated to Version 3.70 which updated Aether Raids and added new weapon skills and weapons to Refine. Check out the patch notes here. Mia: Lady of Blades won Voting Gauntlet: Headband Brawl. Summoning Focus: Weekly Revival 5 began featuring Ike: Young Mercenary, Mist: Helpful Sister, and Ike: Brave Mercenary. Finally; Special Heroes: Summer Refreshes begins tomorrow featuring Ursula: Clear-Blue Crow, Lilina: Beachside Bloom, Wolt: Sunbeam Archer, and Lyn: Lady of the Beach. Introduction video (and artwork shortly) posted here.
● Nintendo Co., Ltd. applied for an abbreviated Dr. Mario trademark in Japan for ドクマリ (literally “DocuMari”) for purposes including program for home video game consoles, downloadable program for home video game consoles, and downloadable programs for smartphones. Check out the actual application here.
● Nintendo Co., Ltd., Creatures Inc., and Game Freak Co., Ltd. also applied for a trademark for the animated puppet show わくわく！ もんぽけ島 (Wakuwaku! Monpoké Jima) for a huge number of purposes including for program for home video game consoles. Check out the actual application here.
● The final new Nintendo Co., Ltd. trademark is Pokémon GO related (and independently of Creatures, Game Freak, and Niantic) for the the Team Valor, Team Mystic, and Team Instinct logos. And check out these applications and the logos used in them here.
● COMG! rankings have Super Mario Maker 2 at 87 pts and the number one game for the week. Yo-kai Watch 4 is in second place with 20 pts. Attack on Titan 2: Final Battle has 18 pts on PS4 and 17 on Switch. TSUTAYA have Super Mario Maker 2 at number one with Yo-kai Watch 4 at number five. A.O.T. 2: Final Battle is at two and three with the Switch version above the PS4 version. GEO report that second week sales for Super Mario Maker 2 are “large” and that A.O.T. 2: Final Battle is “performing well” with the Switch version selling more than the PS4.
● Nintendo posted images from the upcoming KidZania Koshien (which opens 12 July) and KidZania Tokyo (which opens 16 July), both opening times are 16:00 JST.
● Nintendo Co., Ltd. shares dropped by -240 (0.59%) in Japan today to close trading for the day at 40,510.00 JPY.
● In the UK charts: Super Mario Maker 2 is still number one with sales dropping just 47%, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is up to four, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is up to five, and The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is back in the top 10 at number nine.
● Watch the latest Pokémon Sword／Shield trailer in Japanese and English, detailing the game’s Gigantamaxing, here.
● An English Fire Emblem: Three Houses commercial here.
● Another promo video for KILL la KILL the GAME IF here.
● A commercial for Fushigi no Gensokyo -Lotus Labyrinth- here.
● A long Sisilala TV episode featuring Radirgy Swag gameplay here.
● DANGEN Plays 36: Bug Fables: The Everlasting Sapling here.
● Japanese boy band Bullet Train in Super Mario character onesies here.
● And the Doctors & Assistants #3 video for Dr. Mario World featuring Dr. Peach, Dr. Toad, and Dr. Wendy and the latest Virus Vid here.