Friday Update：Nintendo Recruiting For Breath of the Wild 2, New Pokémon Trademark, Yo-kai Watch 4 Localisation, Plus Much More！
Please support me by shopping here
(use JPNINTENDO for 5% off)!
Nintendo posted a job listing for a 3DCG terrain designer for The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2. The position is just for this project, is Kyoto based, and expires on 30 September.
● Taito announced that Space Invaders Invincible Collection will release on 26 March 2020 priced at ¥5,200 + tax for a standard edition and ¥16,800 + tax for a special edition which includes board game and more. Check out the box arts, included games, and special edition contents here.
● The Beware of Spikes spirit event is now live in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. Check out the full list of spirits including Baby Bowser, Super Sonic, and Dry Bowser here.
● Pocket Gamer reported that the Nintendo Switch Online service has now passed 10 million paid subscribers. The last numbers announced were 9.8 million as of 31 March.
● Jeuxvideo report that Fire Emblem: Three Houses takes 80 hours for one of the houses and more than 200 for all three.
● Teyon Japan tweeted a question asking fans whether they would purchase a physical release from the company. As of time of posting: yes is 15%, no is 27%, and depends on titles is 58%.
● Taiko no Tatsujin Nintendo Switch Version! will see two more DLC next week (11 July) with the “Tatsujin Challenge Pack Vol. 5” featuring five new songs for ¥540 and “Studio Ghibli Pack Vol. 2” featuring four new songs for ¥432.
● DLC for the physical release of Aragami: Shadow Edition was announced called “Assassin Mask” with 12 costumes available when the game launches on 01 August.
● Nintendo posted the Players Voice Ranking for June with Cuphead at number one. The rest of the top 10 is Slay the Spire, Katana ZERO, BOXBOY! + BOXGIRL!, biohazard 4, Wonder Boy in Monster Land, Cadence of Hyrule, Conta Classics Collection, Futari de！Nyanko Daisensou, and Biohazard 0 HD REMASTER.
● Digital Bards announced they will be releasing an action RPG on the Japanese Nintendo Switch eShop this month.
● Starsign announced a couple of Switch games with the extreme driving game Xtreme Club Racing for next week (11 July) priced at ¥800 and the car battle royal game Battle & Crash for 18 July priced at ¥500. Trailers posted here and here.
● Cadence of Hyrule: Crypt of the NecroDancer feat. The Legend of Zelda has updated to Version 1.0.1 that fixes a crash that could occur after dying in Permadeath Mode (or Daily Challenge), and an issue that could place wind turbine crates in front of doors in dungeons, blocking progression. Thanks to Nintendo Life.
● Super Mario Maker 2 topped the Nintendo Switch eShop charts in its opening week with new entries also for Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu and SEGA AGES Space Harrier. Check out the full top 10 for Switch and 3DS here.
● Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp saw Roald’s beach cookie back in stock. Check out the full list of items and special memory starring Roald, Dotty, and Bob here.
● New Dragalia Lost director Yuji Okada detailed future plans for the game including daily free summon event, The Flames of Reflection event, Astral Raids game mode, a new alliances feature which allows players to chat, plus more, detailed at this post.
● Armored Mewtwo will appear in Pokémon GO Raid Battles from 10-31 July. Trailer posted here.
● Super Mario Run saw the Loads of Coins event return where winning at Toad Rally will earn you 1.5 times more coins.
● Nintendo Co., Ltd. applied for a new Pokémon trademark in Japan for a huge amount of purposes including those related to video games, merchandising, entertainment, and much more. Check out the full application here.
● Check out this week’s Famitsu Most Wanted charts here saw Pokémon Sword／Shield increase again with new entries for The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2 and TRIALS of MANA.
● First day sell throughs include Attack on Titan 2: Final Battle with approximately 30% and PixARK with 20%.
● Monolith Soft posted profits of $2.54 million for 2018.
● Check out comments from Nintendo President Shuntaro Furukawa along with Shigeru Miyamoto and Ko Shiota on cloud gaming, VR, and 5G at this post.
● Nikkei Asian Review are reporting that Nintendo, along with HP, Dell, Microsoft, Google, Amazon, and Sony in moving some of their production outside of China.
● Nintendo Co., Ltd. shares dropped slightly by +180 (0.44%) in Japan today to close trading for the week at 40,750.00 JPY – another new high since early October 2018.
● Level-5 announced that Yo-kai Watch 4 will be localised for Nintendo Switch in the west, although no timeframe was set.
● Aksys Games announced they will publish a physical Fishing Star: World Tour later in 2019 for Switch in both North America and Europe.
● Finally, Aksys announced they will be localising Code: Realize ~Guardian of Rebirth~ for Switch in the west in December, Code: Realize ~Future Blessings~ in 2020, Collar x Malice and Collar x Malice: Unlimited both for 2020, Cafe Enchante also for 2020, and Piofiore also for 2020. More likely to follow!
● A free digital Dragon Quest XI S 〜THE SPECIAL STARTING BOOK〜 is on the Shonen Jump website.
● Nintendo posted a manga for Nintendo Switch Support aimed at parents.
● The DRAGON QUEST XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age – Definitive Edition “Two Thieves and the Legendary Treasure” voice drama trailer here.
● A promo video for Atelier Ryza: Ever Darkness & the Secret Hideout here.
● A character trailer for AI: The Somnium Files here.
● Nui Harime and Ragyo Kiryuin character trailers for KILL la KILL the GAME -IF- here.
● A promo video for AMNESIA for Nintendo Switch and AMNESIA LATER×CROWD for Nintendo Switch here.
● Another promo video for Genso Manege here.
● A Super Mario Maker 2 Accolades trailer here.
● A Famitsu livestream with Miyu Takagi and Kaya Okuno playing PICO PARK here.
● The Shantae 5 Studio TRIGGER Opening Animation here.
● The 13th episode of Dragalia Lost Radio Garden here.
● And the latest Virus Vid for Dr. Mario World here.