Monday Update：Yo-kai Watch 4 Will be No.1, Uta no Prince-sama Series Moving to Switch, Plus Much More News！
Please support me by shopping here
(use JPNINTENDO for $3 USD off)!
All three preliminary trackers (COMG!, TSUTAYA, and GEO) have Yo-kai Watch 4 opening at number one in the Japanese charts this week. A sharp drop is expected from the third entry (Sushi and Tempura opened with 581,191 combined and Sukiyaki 337,979). The second game was an anomaly (Ganso and Honke opened with a massive 1,281,096 combined with the third version, Shinuchi, almost matching it with 1,211,918). It’s expected to handily beat the first game’s opening of 52,901, with more of the story being how much it will continue to sale and whether it will push hardware sales much above the recent baseline (past three weeks) of sub-35,000.
● Broccoli announced they have shifted development of the PlayStation Vita game Uta no☆Prince-sama♪Dolce Vita to Nintendo Switch, with the Vita version now canceled. Three Uta no Prince-sama ports are also coming to Switch with Repeat LOVE on 19 December, followed by Amazing Aria & Sweet Serenade LOVE, and then Debut.
● Oizumi Amuzio announced that Lethal League Blaze will release on the Japanese Switch eShop on 12 July priced at ¥2,000 with a packaged version following on 12 September priced at ¥3,780. Japanese trailer posted here.
● Game Source Entertainment will be localising both Sniper Elite V2 Remastered in Japan this September priced at ¥4,730 and Your Toy on 01 November priced at ¥3,218. Check out the box arts here and here.
● From the back of the Fire Emblem: Three Houses download card, the game will be 11.9 GB, will support amiibo, and will see DLC.
● Taito’s next Switch release The Ninja Warriors Once Again has gone gold in Japan and will release next month. I assume it will be digital only in Japan although I don’t think this is official. A packaged release will come overseas however.
● The 10th SEGA AGES title due for release on the Japanese Switch eShop is Space Harrier which is due later this week (27 June) priced at ¥999.
● Also releasing on the 27th is Shadow of Loot Box from eastasiasoft, although no price as of yet. Japanese trailer posted here.
● Oizumi Amuzio also announced that they are localising MotoGP 19 for Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4 in Japan on 27 September priced at ¥8,618 although only the PS4 version will see a packaged release. Japanese trailer posted here.
● Cosen will be holding a Panty Party tournament on 15 July in Tokyo. Check out this video for details on how to enter.
● Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp saw the Bring on the Bells Goals return for the next couple of days with in-game rewards by fulfilling animals’ requests, clearing the Bells map at Blathers’s Treasure Trek, and more.
● Dragalia Lost saw a new Castle Story “That Special Day: Part One” with Part Two on Wednesday and Part Three on Friday.
● Fire Emblem Heroes saw Tempest Trials+: A Promise of Joy where the big rewards are the 5 Special Hero Ylgr: Breaking the Ice and Three Sacred Seals: Armored Blow 1, Spur Atk/Spd 1, and Atk/Res Bond 1
● Pokémon Sword／Shield was the most wanted game in the most recent Nintendo Dream Most Wanted charts, with Animal Crossing: New Horizons dropping to number four. Check out the full top 15 here.
● Nintendo Co., Ltd. shares dropped by -140 (0.37%) in Japan today to close trading for the day at 38,150.00 JPY.
● In this week’s UK charts: Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled opened at number one and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe returned to the top 10 at number eight.
● Bandai Namco US are looking for questions regarding Digimon games or Digimon Survive with series producer Habu Kazumasa answering at the Anime Expo 2019 on 06 July.
● A Pokémon Monorail will start operating on the Tokyo Monorail from 01 July. Check out images here.
● Shigesato Itoi’s Hobonichi label will be releasing an Iwata-San book featuring writings of former Nintendo Co., Ltd. President Satoru Iwata. Check out images here.
● A TV commercial for Tsuri Spirits Nintendo Switch Version (Fishing Spirits) here.
● A tutorial video for Radirgy Swag here.
● The third voice drama video “Bad guy ／ Good mission” for Satsujin Tantei Jack the Ripper here.
● Yuusha Yamada-Kun‘s “pleasant neighbourhood” video part 1 here.
● Three more promo videos for Omega Labyrinth Life here.
● A Famitsu livestream for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe here.
● An Inti Creates livestream featuring Gunvolt Chronicles: Luminous Avenger iX here.
● And the latest Dr. Mario World Virus Vid here.