Wednesday Update：MariCAR Ordered To Pay $460m, Dr. Mario World Adds More Doctors, Yokai Watch 4 Releases, Plus More News！
Please support me by shopping here
(use JPNINTENDO for $3 USD off)!
● The end of the road is nigh for the former MariCAR as they (as MARI Mobility Development Co., Ltd. were ordered to pay Nintendo Co., Ltd. ¥50,000,000 (almost $461,000) in compensation from their street go-karting business which saw many customers in Super Mario character costumes.
● Level-5 today published Yokai Watch 4 Bokura wa Onajikara o Miage Tale on the Japanese Switch eShop with the physical release available when the shops open! Check out a Yokai Zundara Dance video and a CoroCoro livestream featuring Akihiro Hino here.
● The latest spirit event for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is called ‘Talk to the Cape!’ and features spirits donning capes including Dark Matter, Wario-Man, and Alucard who are pictured here.
● Granzella will publish the Switch version of Disaster Report 4 Plus in Japan as Zettai Zetsumei Toshi４Plus – Summer Memories – for Nintendo Switch on 26 September 2019 priced at ¥6,998. Check out the box art here.
● The fifth free Nintendo Labo VR mini-game Baseball Board is now available on the Nintendo Labo Switch News Channel.
● Kotaku interviewed Eiji Aonuma who revealed that Grezzo are handling The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening remake, and that there are currently no plans to remake the other Game Boy Color titles (Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Seasons).
● Takara Tomy Arts have updated Zoids Wild King of Blast to Version 2.0.0 adding the Battle Zoids Hunter Wolf, Grachiosaurus, Kakusei Fangtiger, Dime Pulsar, Gilraptor Emperor, and Gusock and more. Check out artwork, screens, and trailers for all the new Zoids here.
● Koei Tecmo Games announced that Winning Post 9 will be updated adding an online match mode and online ranking. Paid DLC will also be coming soon priced at ¥864 and adding five types of horse colour. The update is now live on PS4 and PC with the Switch version to follow.
● Bandai Namco Entertainment will update Doraemon Nobita no Bokujou Monogatari to Version 1.0.2 later this month adjusting many of the prices of in-game items to be more favourable to the player, as well as fixing several bugs. It’ll likely be available on the 27th.
● Nippon Ichi Software sent out a tweet with the two month anniversary of Satsujin Tantei Jack the Ripper almost here (25 June) with news related to the number two. The game failed to chart in Japan, so a sequel is highly unlikely.
● Tom Create announced the side-scrolling action game God of Wall: Mamiya no Hihou for release on the Japanese Switch eShop (although likely worldwide) on 04 July priced at ¥800. Promo video posted here.
● Careux announced -and released- the smartphone RPG Dungeon Dinner ～Fushigina Meikyuu no Bukimina Ryouri～ on the Japanese Switch eShop today priced at ¥640 at launch (it’ll soon be the regular price of ¥800). Smartphone version trailer posted here.
● Also releasing today out-of-nowhere was Sabec’s fighting game Robox priced at ¥1,445. Check out this week’s full list of Switch releases here.
● Three demos released on the Japanese Switch eShop today with the visual novels Nyan Love ~Watashi no Koi no Mitsukekata~ and Iris Mahou Gakuen ～Vinculum Hearts～ from Digimerce and the adventure game Rain City from ORENDA. Rain City was also dated for next week (27 June) priced at ¥820.
● Moss announced they will be releasing the shoot ’em up Caladrius Blaze on the Japanese Switch eShop on 18 July priced at ¥1,800 with preloads now live.
● Compile Heart are finally releasing the RPG Fairy Fencer F ADVENT DARK FORCE for Nintendo Switch on the Japanese Switch eShop next week (27 June) priced at the preload price of ¥3,628 (the regular is ¥4,536). The game has been out in the west for over five months.
● Hamster’s only game this week is the 1982 Taito action game Arcade Archives Wild Western priced at the usual ¥823. Famitsu also did a livestream (here) for the game.
● Rainy Frog announced they will be localising a second Sparkle series game for Japan with Shinka no Himitsu ZERO releasing next week (27 June) priced at the preload price of ¥450 (regular price is ¥500). Japanese trailer posted here.
● Also being localised next week is Shinyuden with the 3D puzzle game Access Denied priced at ¥500. Japanese trailer posted here.
● SEGA AGES Space Harrier has a new Komainu Barrier Attack mode. The komainu (lion-dog) that helped the 17th boss will now help protecting you with a barrier. But if it gets hit by an attack, the barrier will temporarily disappear.
● Final Fantasy VIII Remastered‘s extra features include triple speed, enhanced battle (Max HP and ATB, can always use special moves), and no encounter.
● Nippon Ichi Software’s horror adventure game Shin Hayarigami 1・2 Pack is now available to preload on the Japanese Switch eShop priced at ¥5,378. Check out the other preloads, and a promo video for Shin Hayarigami here.
● Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp saw Fishing Tourney: Aquarium begin. Check out the full details at our dedicated post.
● Dragalia Lost saw The Mercurial Gauntlet challenge event begin in Event Quests. Tomorrow will see the next Summon Showcase, Wedding Belles and the A Wish to the Winds facility event revival. Check out the featured adventurers Elisanne and Aoi, featured dragon Freyja, and event trailer t this post.
● Dr. Mario World will see more doctors, stages and worlds added to the game post-launch. Check out artwork for the first batch of doctors (Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, and Toad) here.
● Doraemon Nobita no Bokujou Monogatari was the best-selling game in Japan last week opening with 42,230, although performing below most recent Story of Seasons games. Nintendo Switch hardware was 34,321 for the week, so only an incremental rise. Check out the full top 10 software here.
● Weekly Famitsu Issue No.1594 review scores included Doraemon Nobita no Bokujou Monogatari with 34/40, Jinrui no Minasama he with 24/40, Gato Roboto with 33/40, Radirgy Swag with 28/40, and LA-MULANA 2 with 30/40. SAMURAI SPIRITS also scored 31/40.
● Nintendo Co., Ltd. shares increased by +150 (0.40%) in Japan today to close trading for the day at 37,850.00 JPY.
● GungHo will release Puzzle & Dragons GOLD in North America this Winter, which likely will be when the Japanese version releases.
● Retro Studios are newly hiring an Art Director for Metroid Prime 4. Go here to apply.
● After the Wii U service ended last year, all Monster Hunter Frontier Z services will be terminated on 18 December 2019 (this affects PlayStation 4, PlayStaton 3, PS Vita, and PC).
● An OCTOPATH TRAVELER 16bit Arrangements album will release on 20 July priced at ¥2,160. Check out the cover art here.
● The second trailer for the Dragon Quest Your Story movie here.
● Another virus video for Dr. Mario World here.
● The Japanese trailer for Furwind here.
● The Japanese trailer for SteamWorld Quest: Hand of Gilgamech here.
● A Cadence of Hyrule overview trailer here.
● And the launch trailer for My Friend Pedro here.