Friday Update：Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 at E3, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Sells 1.73m, Plus Much More News！
Please support me by shopping here
(use JPNINTENDO for $3 USD off)!
● The latest game announced as playable at E3 2019 next week is Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020. This is in addition to yesterday’s announcements of Pokémon Sword／Shield, Luigi’s Mansion 3, The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening, and MARVEL ULTIMATE ALLIANCE 3: The Black Order. Check out our updated E3 page which will constantly be updated next week (with all new news also making it to the front page).
● Monolith Soft revealed that Xenoblade Chronicles 2 has sold more than 1.73 million units world-wide as of 31 March 2019.
● The ‘Making a Splash’ spirit event is now live in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate with Kaptain K. Rool, Volcanion, Nia and Esna pictured here along with the full list of available spirits.
● Playtonic Games announced a new Yooka-Laylee platformer Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair for release on Nintendo Switch later this year with a physical version also coming. It’s yet to be confirmed for Japan, but Japanese language is included. Check out the trailer here.
● Happymeal are crowdfunding for 3 million yen for a sequel to the Famicom-style adventure game Ise Shima Mystery Annai: Itsuwari no Kuro Shinju including a physical version at 5 million yen. It’s already over 75% funded as of time of posting!
● The new Touhou 3D game from Touhou Sky Arena developers Area Zero that was revealed a few days ago is now called Valkyrie of Phantasm.
● Square-Enix updated OCTOPATH TRAVELER to Version 1.0.3 adding support for both Simplified and Traditional Chinese. The Steam version is also now available. Check out the commemorative artwork here.
● Marvelous announced they will be releasing the side-scrolling ARPG Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin for Nintendo Switch in Japan this Winter (as Tensui no Sakuna-Hime). XSEED Games announced they will be releasing it overseas yesterday. Check out the Japanese promo videos here.
● MAGES. have updated JUDGEMENT 7 Ore-tachi no Sekai wa Owatteiru (Our World is Ended) to Version 1.03 that fixes a bug that caused freezes due to long-time backlog display and window non-display.
● Check out the box art for Omega Labyrinth Life on Nintendo Switch and Labyrinth Life on PlayStation 4.
● And Cuphead is the number one in the latest Players Ranking in Japan followed by Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes, BOXBOY! + BOXGIRL!, Ultimate Chicken Horse, Katana ZERO, SEGA AGES Virtua Racing, Night in the Woods, Moonlighter, FINAL FANTASY VII, and Futari de！Nyanko Daisensou.
● Gameloft Japan announced that Asphalt 9: Legends will also release on the Japanese Switch eShop in the late Summer. Check out the announcement trailer here.
● A Sega Early Summer Sale is now live on the Japanese Switch eShop with big savings off BLADE ARCUS Rebellion from Shining, Sonic Forces, Sonic Mania Plus, and six SEGA AGES titles. Check out the full list here.
● Human: Fall Flat was the best-selling game on the Japanese Switch eShop last week. Check out the full top 10 for both Switch and 3DS here.
● Nintendo are sending out email questionnaires in Japan for purchases of Akumajou Dracula Anniversary Collection.
● The Japanese 3DS Theme Shop will see new DECO*27 themes next week!
● Fire Emblem Heroes saw a brand new Feh Channel presentation (posted here) detailing the addition of The Concert Hall music player featuring several songs from the series. The other main addition after the next update will be the new Røkkr Sieges co-op game mode.
● Super Mario Run saw the return of the Friendly Run Event for a couple of weeks with you receiving Rally Tickets whether you win or lose at Friendly Run.
● McDonald’s Japan will see Splatoon 2 Happy Meals from next week (14 June) featuring Squid, Octopus, Judd, Inkling, and Ink Buki stencil colouring pages. Check out pictures of all five and the TV commercial here.
● Reservations for Yokai Watch 4: Bokura wa Onajikara o Miage Tale at COMG! are at 55 pts, Super Mario Maker 2 is at 33 pts, Fire Emblem Fuuka Setsugetsu is at 32 pts, and Rune Factory４ Special is at 31 pts.
● Nintendo Co., Ltd. shares increased by +570.00 (1.48%) in Japan today to close trading for the week at 39,150.00 JPY.
● A promo video from Otomate Party 2019 for the three triAngle PROJECT games, Tlicolity Eyes -Twinkle Snowtime-, Katakoi Contrast -Collection of Branch-, and Jakou no Lyla ~Trap of MUSK~.
● Tokyo 2020 Olympics The Official Video Game videos for the 100 metres dash and 100 metres freestyle featuring retired Olympic medallist swimmer Takeshi Matsuda.
● A Yuyoko Oura character trailer for Jinrui no Minasama he.
● Another Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu ‘HR Battle’ gameplay video.
● A one week before release countdown trailer for Yumeutsutsu Re:Master.
● The latest Game Freak 30th Anniversary ‘Masuda’s Room’ here features the classic Mario & Wario Super Famicom game.
● The launch trailer for PICO PARK which is out now on the Nintendo Switch eShop.
● A livestream for Slay the Spire from Famitsu.
● A brief furniture arranging clip from Rune Factory 4 Special.
● The Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield ‘Welcome to the Galar region!’ trailer from Nintendo UK.
● A Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled pre-purchase trailer from Nintendo UK.
● ‘DANGEN Plays 31: We’re back from BitSummit!’ video.
● And the ninth episode of Dragalia Lost Radio Garden.