Thursday Update：Luigi’s Mansion 3 And Link’s Awakening At E3, Atelier Ryza Release Date, Plus Much More News！
Please support me by shopping here
(use JPNINTENDO for $3 USD off)!
● Nintendo announced the first batch of Nintendo Switch games playable on the E3 2019 show floor with Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield, Luigi’s Mansion 3, The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening, and MARVEL ULTIMATE ALLIANCE 3: The Black Order. This basically confirms that Luigi and Zelda will be 2019 titles. Animal Crossing is notable by its absence, although this doesn’t mean it is not coming this year. The Shinya Takahashi development update video (which I won’t be linking to here) is a 100% fake, but was picked up by several Japanese media. Bookmark our E3 page which will be updated with any new first party announcements.
● Koei Tecmo Games dated Atelier Ryza: Queen of the Everlasting Darkness and the Secret Hideout (Ryza no Atelier ～Tokoyami no Joou to Himitsu no Kakurega～) for Switch and PS4 on 26 September in Japan with limited editions also announced. The PC version will release at a later date. Check out the box art and contents here. All six Atelier titles (plus the trilogy) are also on sale on the Switch eShop. Check out the full list of games here.
● Nintendo announced the 2019 ARMS Party Crash Bash tournament grand finale between Min Min and Ninjara will take place from 14-17 June. Check out the new artwork here.
● Regista announced they are bringing the Japanese indie horror game Kageroh: Shadow Corridor to Nintendo Switch this Summer. I assume it’s digital only. Trailer posted here.
● Nintendo released the VR maze game Kyodai Meiro (literally ‘Huge Maze’) for free on the Nintendo Switch News Channel for owners of the Nintendo Labo Toy-Con 04: VR Kit Toy-Con.
● Taiko no Tatsujin Nintendo Switch Version! will see the Tatsujin Challenge Pack Vol.4 DLC on 13 June priced at ¥540 with four Namco Original songs added.
● Fortnite has updated to v9.20 adding the new Storm Flip item (trailer here) and the Sword Fight LTM to the Battle Royae mode. Creative sees Transmitters and Receivers, Storm Device, Pueblo Theme, and Canyon Island. Full patch notes here.
● Super Dragon Ball Heroes World Mission has updated to Version 1.01.02 with several bug fixes. Check out the full patch notes here.
● FuRyu have updated the website for Cardfight!! Vanguard EX adding the story and character sections.
● Koei Tecmo Games updated the Shingeki no Kyojin ２ -Final Battle- website adding a Scout Squad feature where you can form groups of four and view the total stats.
● The newly announced GRANDIA HD Collection will include Japanese language support although a Japanese release is unconfirmed.
● PLAYISM have updated Croixleur Sigma to where it not corresponds with gyro controls.
● Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp saw the return of Whitney’s rose cookie and the item sets from the Gyroidite Scavenger Hunt: Wedding Party made available for Reissue Crafting. Check out the special memory starring Whitney, Alfonso, and Peanut here.
● Dragalia Lost will see the next Summon Showcase: Dragon Special begin on 08 June . Check out the featured dragons Long Long, Prometheus, and Gilgamesh below. here.
● Fire Emblem Heroes saw Summoning Focus: Heroes with Flier Formation featuring Elincia: Lost Princess, Hinoka: Blue Sky Warrior, and Leanne: Forest’s Song, along with a new map in Tactics Drills: Grandmaster.
● Nintendo updated the Nintendo Mimamori Switch (Nintendo Switch Parental Controls) app to Version 1.9.0 where they have “Made it possible to change VR Mode (3D visuals) restriction settings” as well as “Other small improvements have also been made”.
● Pokémon GO Fest 2019 Yokohama will run from 06-12 August at Yamashita Park, Rinko Park, and Red Brick Park with available Pokémon including Unown and Chatot.
● Super Smash Bros. Ultimate was the best-selling game in the Famitsu charts this past week selling 9,087 units. Check out the full Nintendo charts here. Dragon Quest XI Sugisarishi Toki o Motomete S topped the Nintendo-only Famitsu Most Wanted charts with 639 votes. Check out the full list here.
● The DENGEKI TOP50 actually had Minecraft as number one selling 9,724, VA-11 Hall-A opened with 1,883, and Moujuutsukai to Ouji-sama ～Flower ＆ Snow～ for Nintendo Switch opened with 1,188 (the latter failed to make the Famitsu charts).
● Reservations for Yokai Watch 4: Bokura wa Onajikara o Miage Tale at COMG! are at 53 pts, both Super Mario Maker 2 and Fire Emblem Fuuka Setsugetsu are at 32 pts, and Rune Factory４ Special is at 31 pts.
● Nintendo Co., Ltd. shares dropped by -190 (0.49%) in Japan today to close trading for the day at 38,580.00 JPY.
● XSEED Games announced they are localising FuRyu’s excellent JRPG WORK×WORK in the west as Heroland, G-mode’s BurgerTime Party!, and the newly announced Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin for Switch with all three titles at E3.
● THQ Nordic and Airship Syndicate announced Darksiders: Genesis for Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC, and Stadia. Cinematic teaser trailer here.
● Gameloft announced that Asphalt 9: Legends is “coming soon” to Nintendo Switch with basic play free. Announcement trailer here.
● The excellent SEGA AGES Virtua Racing and SEGA AGES Wonder Boy: Monster Land both release in the west on 27 June.
● Sega Games also announced a Citizens Of Earth sequel Citizens Of Space as coming to the Switch eShop on 18 June. Announcement trailer here.
● My Friend Pedro launches on 20 June in the west (likely Japan too). Release date trailer here.
● Google detailed its plans for the Stadia which launches in November in 14 countries (not including Japan) priced at $9.99 per month. $129 will get you a controller, Chromecast Ultra, three months subscription, and Destiny 2: The Collection. Japanese games announced included Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2, Samurai Showdown, and Final Fantasy XV.
● ProcessOne posted details of Nintendo’s Taiyo Watanabe presenting at the ElixirFest conference.
● Playtonic Games will be making a new game announcement tomorrow according to this tweet.
● Episode 3 of Yoiko (Game Center CX’s Shinya Arino and Masaru Hamaguchi) playing Super Mario Maker 2 has been added to this post.
● The new release of ARTIFACT ADVENTURE GAIDEN DX has an UNDERTALE Easter egg hidden in the game. Check out the launch trailer for the game.
● Japan’s Score Studios celebrates its 10th anniversary with this video compilation. All three Piczle games are currently 50% off on the Switch eShop.
● The upcoming Sumikko Gurashi Gakkou Seikatu Hajimerun Desu game will feature a cooking mini-game!
● A Switch version promo video for BROTHERS CONFLICT Precious Baby.
● A video for Dragon Quest Builders ２ Hakaishin Shidoo to Karappo no Shima featuring play through and talkback.
● The English launch trailer for Slay the Spire which is out now world-wide.
● Enhanced Editions of the classic Dungeons & Dragons inspired tales Baldur’s Gate, Neverwinter Nights, Icewind Dale, and Planescape: Torment are coming to Switch in the west this fall in this trailer.
● The BitSummit trailer for Tactical Galactical.
● An hour long livestream for Yuusha Yamada-Kun (Dandy Dungeon – Legend of Brave Yamada -) from BitSummit 7 Spirits.
● And the character trailer for Tam Tam in SAMURAI SPIRITS.