Weekly Update：Mario Kart Tour, Pokémon Rumble Rush, Dragon Quest, Star Ocean, Oninaki, Sword Art Online, & Cotton News！
Please support me by shopping here
(use JPNINTENDO for $3 USD off)!
● The closed beta test for Mario Kart Tour is now live for select Android users in Japan and the United States. The final game is scheduled to launch this Summer with at least 30 playable characters and a heavy gacha element.
● Pokémon Scramble SP (Pokémon Rumble Rush) is now available on Android devices, with the iOS version to follow soon. Six new My Nintendo rewards for the game are also now available.
● Nintendo will be pulling both Fire Emblem Heroes and Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp from the App Store and Google Play Store in Belgium on 27 August due to their loot-box mechanics.
● Weekly Shonen Jump will feature some ‘surprising’ Dragon Quest news in the 10 June issue of the magazine. It’s unknown whether this is related to Dragon Quest X, XI S, Monsters, or something else.
● Square-Enix announced Star Ocean First Departure R for Switch and PS4, which is a HD version of the PSP remake of the original Super Famicom Star Ocean game from way back in 1996.
● Square-Enix also announced Dragon Quest X Ibara no Miko to Horobi no Kami Online (literally ‘The Maiden of Thorns and the God of Destruction’ for Switch, 3DS, and Wii U later this year.
● The final Square-Enix announcement is the Oni no Naku Kuni (Oninaki) release date set for 22 August in Japan, priced at ¥6,264. It’s still just listed as ‘Summer 2019’ in the west.
● Bandai Namco Entertainment announced that Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet COMPLETE EDITION will finally release on 08 August in Japan priced at ¥7,344 and 09 August in the west.
● Japanese retro game shop BEEP announced the classic side-scrolling shoot ’em up Cotton Reboot for Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, X68000, and Steam later this year as a physical release.
● Hamster announced their next batch of Arcade Archives titles for Nintendo Switch including Clu Clu Land, Solomon’s Key, Alpine Ski, Wild Western, Shusse Ozumo, and Ninja Spirit.
● SystemSoft Alpha published probably the final ever 3DS retail game Daisenryaku Daitoua Koboshi DX ～Dainiji Sekai Taisen～ in Japan. The only other major game planned is the digital only Mobile Ball.