Friday Update：Dragon Quest News Coming Soon, Nintendo’s BitSummit Line-up, Super Mario Maker 2 Rewards, Plus More News！
Please support me by shopping here
(use JPNINTENDO for $3 USD off)!
● Weekly Shonen Jump will feature some ‘surprising’ Dragon Quest news in the 10 June issue of Weekly Shonen Jump magazine. It’s unknown whether this will be related to the new Dragon Quest X game for Switch, 3DS, and Wii U, a release date for Dragon Quest XI S, a new Dragon Quest Monsters game, or something entirely different.
● Bandai Namco Entertainment finally gave a release date for their second SAO game on Switch with Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet COMPLETE EDITION (which drops the “for Nintendo Switch” part of the name) on 08 August in Japan priced at ¥7,344 and 09 August in the west. Check out promo videos for both the Japanese and English releases here.
● Intragames announced the comedy action RPG Majikken 64 (Super Cane Magic ZERO) for release in Japan on 29 August priced at ¥3,456 including a physical release, with the (awesome) Japanese box art pictured here.
● Oizumi Amuzio announced the high speed ball game Lethal League Blaze for release in Japan both digitally in July for ¥2,000, and physically in September for ¥3,780. Check out the trailer here.
● Sega Games announced a Shining Resonance Refrain New Price Edition for release in Japan on 08 August 2019 priced at ¥3,229. Box art posted here.
● From today, Nintendo are reselling the Pokémon: Let’s Go, Pikachu!／Eevee! Nintendo Switch bundles from today in Japan where they are priced at ¥41,018 each. Check out images here.
● This weekend’s in-game tournaments include Ninjara vs Mechanica in the second semi-final of the ARMS Party Crash Bash tournament and the Spirit Shield Slowdown spirit event in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.
● Success opened up a website for the upcoming Cotton Reboot which was recently announced for Switch.
● Nippon Ichi Software will be updated Satsujin Tantei Jack the Ripper shortly fixing an issue with loading saved data from Version 1.0.1.
● And Level-5 updated the Yokai Watch 4: Bokura wa Onajikara o Miage Tale website with GeGeGe no Kitarō information.
● The latest contender to the battle royale crown Realm Royale Founder’s Pack is now available on the Switch eShop priced at ¥1,668 and which allows you to experience the Realm Royale Closed Beta. The free to play version of Realm Royale will release later this year. Check out the launch trailer here.
● Wingplay’s four-player party action game Keotoshi！Treasure Hunter！ will release on the Japanese Switch eShop on 06 June priced at ¥1,500 with UNTIES (Sony) as the publisher. Check out the promo video here.
● 06 June will also see the visual novel game Dear Magi -Mahou Shonen Gakka- (Dear My Magical Boys) release on the Japanese Switch eShop priced at ¥3,980 with Careux publishing. Check out the opening movie here.
● Hanaji Games announced the 2D skateboard action game 2nd iLL for Nintendo Switch. Little else is known at this stage, but a teaser trailer has been posted here.
● Konami／Hamster updated the Arcade Classics Anniversary Collection to Version 1.0.2 and added Tate Mode to A-JAX, Scramble, and TwinBee, making the purchase all but essential for old-school gamers.
● Motion Twin apologised for charging Japanese players for the Dead Cells – Rise of the Giant DLC: “Small note, for reasons, mostly human error the DLC is NOT free on Switch in Japan. It’s only 100¥ however we know that’s not the same as free. Humble apologies for our Japanese players. We’ll find a way to make it up to you.” This however contradicts an Automaton report that states the price is due to certain restrictions on the Japanese Switch eShop making the charge necessary.
● El Dia updated EVE Burst error R to Version 1.0.3 fixing a sound related issue.
● And check out this week’s Nintendo eShop charts for both Switch and 3DS, which sees the sale version of Minecraft edge out the preload of Super Mario Maker 2 for the top spot, here.
● Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp saw Fishing Tourney #14: Monochromatic Cat begin today with the full list of fish, rewards, and much more detailed and pictured at this post.
● Dragalia Lost was updated to Version 1.8.0 adding the ability to play co-op with nearby players without entering an ID, and so much more detailed at this post. The game also saw an epilogue added to the raid event revival Resplendent Refrain. There was also an issue with the Fire Emblem: Lost Heroes event in which sometimes the Shadow Knight’s defeat was not counted. 300 wyrmite will be sent to players who cleared either the Alberian Front: Hard or the Alberian Front: Lunatic as a make-do.
● Fire Emblem Heroes saw Special Heroes Revival: Bridal Blessings featuring Cadea: Talys’s Bride, Lyn: Bride of the Plains, Cordelia: Perfect Bride, and Charlotte: Money Maiden.
● Super Mario Run will see the Bonus Medals you can collect on Remix 10 multiplied by 1.2 for the next week.
● Nintendo revealed their plans for the BitSummit 7 Spirits event on 01-02 June which they will be sponsoring, with Untitled Goose Game, Slay the Spire, and Cuphead as the key games, plus an Indie World Café area with over 30 Switch consoles and over 40 games detailed at this post.
● In some first day sell-throughs from Japan: Assassin’s Creed III Remastered is at 20%, Biohazard Origins Collection is at just 10%, and Team Sonic Racing is between 20-30%.
● The latest Japanese My Nintendo rewards include physical Super Mario Maker 2 items including an A5 Ring Notebook, 5 types of Stickers, and an Under Construction Memo Pad. Check out pictures at this post and the full list of current rewards in Japan at this page.
● Nintendo Co., Ltd. shares increased again today by +450 (1.16%) in Japan today to close trading for the week at 39,080.00 JPY and at their highest for five weeks.
● The Sonic the Hedgehog live-action movie has been delayed until 14 February 2020, likely due to the negative feedback to the game’s first trailer.
● A promo video for Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu here.
● The Level-5 upload of the new Yokai Watch 4: Bokura wa Onajikara o Miage Tale TV commercial here.
● A Zoids Wild: King of Blast recruitment trailer for an elementary school tournament to find the strongest Zoids fighter here.
● Three more videos for Puchikon 4 SmileBASIC (Petit Computer 4) including two more Labo ones here.
● The launch trailer for the Tennis World Tour Roland Garros Pack here.
● The English ONINAKI ‘Daemon’ trailer here.
● An English Nintendo Labo: VR Kit accolades trailer here.
● And a Famitsu livestream for RollerCoaster Tycoon Adventures here.
● Thanks to Naruki and Fairy elf today!