Thursday Update：Arcade Archives Clu Clu Land Coming Soon, Final Japanese 3DS Retail Game Releases, Plus More News！
Please support me by shopping here
(use JPNINTENDO for $3 USD off)!
● After 153 games on Nintendo Switch, Hamster announced several new ones today with Nintendo’s Arcade Archives Clu Clu Land expected to release very soon. Other new games include Arcade Archives Solomon’s Key from Tecmo, Arcade Archives Alpine Ski and Arcade Archives Wild Western both from Taito, Arcade Archives Shusse Ozumo from Technos, and Arcade Archives Ninja Spirit from Irem. Check out the full SCHEDULE for all the upcoming titles coming to Switch, 3DS, and even one Wii U game!
● Koei Tecmo Games will finally release the DEAD OR ALIVE Xtreme 3 Scarlet Basic Free Edition on the Japanese Switch eShop next week (30 May). Basic play will be free, but each additional character will be priced at ¥1,296 and Casino Membership is ¥2,160.
● The Japanese magazine advert for Super Mario Maker 2 (here) confirms Cat Toadette will be in the game.
● Sega will rotate the sports in Tokyo 2020 Olympics The Official Video Game every 30 minutes in a new ‘Rank Games’ mode where you compete for online rankings. Boxing and Hammer Throw are also confirmed to be added. Check out a screen for each new sport here.
● Bandai Namco Entertainment updated Super Robot Taisen T to Version 1.03 today, which adds a Super Expert Mode, a Super Ace when a pilot reaches 300 kills, and more. The ‘Circle Play Support Pack’ also launched today priced at ¥1,200.
● D3 Publisher have updated the website for Omega Labyrinth Life with the Story and Character sections (obviously there’s NSFW elements, although it’s mostly fine!).
● This month’s issue of CoroCoro Ichiban (which is out now in Japan) will include the Yokai Watch 4: Bokura wa Onajikara o Miage Tale posted pictured here.
● Screenshots for the Dragon Quest Builders 2: Hakaishin Shidoo to Karappo no Shima Modernist Pack DLC here.
● And an illustration for the preload of VA-11 Hall-A on the eShop here.
● STING have opened up the website for the whacky Macho de Pon! ZZ game which releases next week!
● Motion Twin said that Dead Cells has sold over two million copies across all platforms world-wide. The Rise of the Giant DLC is also available in the west for free (the Japanese version is ¥100, although you can download for free from a North American or European account and use with your Japanese game!).
● Onion Games announced that their previously announced RPG Yuusha Yamada-Kun will release for Switch this Summer and will be localised as Dandy Dungeon ~Legend of Brave Yamada~. Check out the teaser website.
● Check out this week’s full list of Japanese Switch eShop sales with 20 new titles added including 75% off Draw a Stickman: EPIC 2 (¥198), 50% off RiME (¥1,890), 50% off Brawlout (¥1,050), 50% off Tennis World Tour (¥3,900), 62% off Dream Alone (¥500), and 67% off FIFA 19 (¥2,067) here.
● Possibly the final ever Japanese 3DS retail release Daisenryaku Daitoua Koboshi DX ～Dainiji Sekai Taisen～ launched in Japan today courtesy of SystemSoft Alpha. Several DLC is also now available priced at ¥324 each. Check out the opening movie here.
● Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp will see the 10th Fishing Tourney which begin tomorrow and will include a Black-Cat Hood and Costume as rewards! Check out the teaser image here.
● Fire Emblem Heroes saw Tap Battle: Illusory Dungeon – Shadowed Memories begin along with a new map in Tactics Drills: Grandmaster.
● Pokémon GO five-star Raid Battles in June and July will see the Legendary Pokémon Cresselia, Kyogre, and Groudon.
● Check out this week’s full Nintendo only Famitsu software and hardware charts, with Super Smash Bros. Ultimate on top, here and this week’s Nintendo only Famitsu Most Wanted, with Dragon Quest XI: Sugisarishi Toki o Motomete S on top, here.
● The DENGEKI TOP50 saw Hanayaka Nari、Waga Ichizoku Modern Nostalgie for Nintendo Switch open with just 1,138 units sold in its first week in Japan and RollerCoaster Tycoon Adventures open with just 858 units.
● Nintendo Co., Ltd. shares increased again today by +350 (0.91%) in Japan today to close trading for the day at 38,630.00 JPY.
● THQ Nordic will seemingly release Darksiders II Deathinitive Edition for Nintendo Switch on 06 August 2019.
● Daybreak Games announced the free-to-play massive multiplayer online action game DC Universe Online for Switch release this Summer. Announcement trailer here.
● The Uniqlo UT GRAND PRIX 2019 competition with the Pokémon Sword／Shield theme has ended in controversy with Uniqlo cancelling the award of the winner due to plagiarism (read more at Famitsu).
● The Playdate handheld videogame system from Panic, that releases in early 2020 and is set to deliver 12 games in 12 weeks will be coming to Japan. Check out the Japanese website here.
● Gust (who are most notable for developing the Atelier series) will be announcing a new project on Tuesday next week (28th) and showed a promising teaser trailer here.
● A MARVEL ULTIMATE ALLIANCE 3: The Black Order X-Men trailer here.
● The Japanese launch trailers for the Resident Evil games biohazard 0 HD REMASTER, biohazard HD REMASTER, biohazard 4, and the biohazard Origins Collection here.
● An introduction video for the Doraemon Nobita no Bokujou Monogatari (Doraemon Story of Seasons) demo here.
● The Japanese launch trailer for Assassin’s Creed III Remastered here.
● A commercial for Yokai Watch 4: Bokura wa Onajikara o Miage Tale from CoroCoro here. I’ll post a separate post once there’s a Level-5 upload minus the CoroCoro branding!
● A Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night ‘Preorder Now!’ trailer here.
● And the fourth instructional video for Dragalia Lost here.
● Thanks to Naruki for more news tips again today!