Monday Update：Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Out-sells Splatoon 2 in Japan, Splatfest Results, Plus More News！
Please support me by shopping at this link
(use the code JPNINTENDO for $3 USD off)!
● Super Smash Bros. Ultimate sold a further 23,756 units in Japan over Golden Week and now stands at 3,066,906 physical copies and has now overtaken Splatoon 2, which is at 3,058,082. Check out the full Japanese top 10 here and the full Nintendo-only software charts here.
● The latest Japanese Splatfest results saw Pa League defeat Se League 2-1; losing the Votes 55.39% – 44.61% but winning the Normal rules 51.31% – 48.69% and the Pro rules 51.64% – 48.36%. Check out the results announcement video here.
● In Marvelous news: DAEMON X MACHINA is still scheduled for release this summer and Rune Factory 5 will not release this fiscal year (not before 31 March 2020). The company also told investors that a new Bokujou Monogatari (Story of Seasons) title is under consideration for home consoles (they recently confirmed to Weekly Famitsu that a new game is already in development).
● D3 Publisher opened up a countdown website for Omega Labyrinth Life with more information coming tomorrow.
● Columbus Circle announced a Super Converter for release in mid-July (pictured here and priced at ¥6,998) and which will allow use of Wii, Wii U, and PlayStation 4 controllers with a Switch, or Wii, Wii U, and Switch controllers with a PS4.
● Cosen announced both a Version 1.0.1 and Version 1.0.2 update for Panty Party. The first one changes the rating from Everyone10+ to Everyone and the second enables you to flip the camera operation vertically and horizontally.
● Kakehashi Games have localised Pato Box ready for Japanese Switch eShop release this week (16 May). Check out the Japanese trailer here.
● Teyon Japan announced that the Japanese localisation of Smoke and Sacrifice is now compete and will release later this month.
● Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp saw the Gyroidite Scavenger Hunt #10: Gyroidite Collection event begin. Check out the full details with images at this post.
● Dragalia Lost will see the next Summon Showcase, Beauty in Motion tomorrow. Check out the profile for the featured adventurer Beautician Zardin, featured dragon Takemikazuchi, and trailer here.
● Fire Emblem Heroes saw a new Grand Hero Battle yesterday, featuring Delthea: Tatarrah’s Puppet from Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia.
● In Famitsu data: Nintendo Switch was the best-selling console in Japan in April (01 – 28 April) with 183,397 units sold, followed by PlayStation 4 with 51,177. Days Gone was the best-selling software with 114,319, Super Dragon Ball Heroes World Mission was second with 99,552, Earth Defense Force: Iron Rain sold 74,312, Yoshi’s Crafted World sold 59,864, and Super Smash Bros. Ultimate sold 50,774.
● This week’s GEO rankings saw Days Gone still at number one. Nintendo Switch evergreens dominated much of the top 10 with Minecraft as the best-selling Switch title at number two and Super Smash Bros. Ultimate at number three. COMG! indicated a slowish week with Days Gone at 24 pts, Minecraft at 15 pts, and Super Smash Bros. Ultimate at 13 pts (incidentally: Yokai Watch 4: Bokura wa Onajikara o Miage Tale preorders are at 37 pts). TSUTAYA rankings also indicated a Days Gone, Minecraft, and Smash Bros. top three.
● Nintendo Co., Ltd. shares dropped today by -10 (0.03%) in Japan today to close trading for the day at 36,990.00 JPY.
● In the UK charts: Days Gone was again number one, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is at number six, New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe at number eight, and Super Smash Bros. Ultimate at number 10.
● Nintendo Israel are set to open a retail unit in Tel Aviv in June 2019.
● The Pokémon Detective Pikachu movie had an estimated opening weekend of $58 million, behind Avengers: Endgame with $63.05 million. The international total stands at $112.4 million and the global total at $170.4 million.
● A Sengoku BASARA announcement will likely be made tomorrow, although there is no indication this will be Nintendo Switch related.
● Famitsu posted pictures from the recent Fire Emblem Expo.
● Thanks to Naruki for more news tips again today!