Wednesday Update：Clu Clu Land, Donkey Kong JR., and VS. Excitebike Confirmed For Release Next Week, Plus Much More News！
Please support me by shopping at this link
(use the code JPNINTENDO for $3 USD off)!
● The next Super Smash Bros. Ultimate spirit event begins this Friday called Mum’s the Word! and featuring Hinawa, Kaitlin & Katie, Mother Brain, The Boss, Kangaskhan, Deirdre, Queen Metroid, 5-Volt, and Wrinkly Kong.
● Nintendo Labo Toy-Con 04: VR Kit Toy-Con owners could check out a free Monster Shooting mini-game from the Nintendo Switch News Channel again today.
● The three Nintendo Switch Online games listed on the Nintendo of America website – Clu Clu Land, Donkey Kong JR., and the pictured (well, kind-of!) VS. Excitebike were confirmed for 15 May. Check out the trailer here.
● Check out the artwork for this weekend’s Se League vs. Pa League Splatfest here.
● Taiko no Tatsujin Nintendo Switch Version! (Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum’n’Fun!) sae a new Dragon Ball Theme Song Pack added today featuring three songs for ¥432.
● SD Gundam G Generation Cross Rays will see a new ‘Ability Get’ feature where you can obtain abilities from select characters after shooting them.
● UNBALANCE announced a new release in the Sokoban puzzle game series with Minna no Sokoban available on the Japanese Switch eShop from 23 May priced at ¥1,980 with preloads now live.
● Kairosoft’s next Switch title is the football management simulation game Pocket League Story which is known in Japan as Soccer Club Monogatari, releasing next week (16 May) priced at the regular ¥1,200. Expect a world-wide release.
● Winking’s fantasy action RPG Heroine Anthem Zero Episode 1 is being ported to the Switch eShop on 23 May and is available to preload now for ¥1,332 (the regular price is ¥1,480).
● The only Hamster title this week is the classic Tecmo beat ‘em up Arcade Archives NINJA GAIDEN (known as Ninja Ryukenden in Japan) priced at the usual ¥823.
● PLAYISM will be bringing the Wii U title Star Sky to the Japanese Switch eShop on 23 May as Blue Moon with preloads now live at just ¥249 (the regular price is ¥498).
● The dungeon crawler Vaporum releases on the Japanese Switch eShop next week (16 May) with the preload price of ¥1,984 (regular price is ¥2,480 courtesy of Merge Games.
● Back to Bed finally gets a Japanese Switch eShop release next week (16 May) at the preload price of ¥493 (regular price is ¥580) with eastasiasoft handling publishing.
● One of today’s impromptu games was the platformer Avenger Bird published by Rainy Frog. It’s available at ¥250 for the next week, and then ¥300.
● G1 Playground announced the puzzle adventure game Trick Art Dungeon for Nintendo Switch release in one of many new announcements made for BitSummit. BurgerStudio also announced Shaolin5, Keybol Games announced Jack Axe, Syake announced GHOSTUS, 21c Ducks announced Chrono Sword, Coatsink announced CAKEBASH, and Pixticle announced BOKU BOKU.
● In other BitSummit announcements: it looks like Studio HG’s roguelike Metallic Child will be releasing on 15 October. Coffee Talk also was listed for Switch, despite not being listed as a platform when PLAYISM recently revealed the Japanese domestic release for the game.
● Three new demos released on the Japanese Switch eShop today with Gakuen CLUB～Houkago no Himitsu～ from D3 Publisher, Shiritsu Berubara Gakuen ～Versailles no Bara Re*imagination～ from Idea Factory, and Voxel Sword from SAT-BOX.
● Double Drive announced the free update data for Zombies Mansion (Undead’s Building) will release on 16 May where two new stages will be added.
● Perhaps the last ever Japanese 3DS retail game Daisenryaku Daitoua Koboshi DX ～Dainiji Sekai Taisen～ appeared on the eShop today and launches on 23 May, priced at ¥7,020.
● Cygames released a set of Dragalia Lost stickers in the LINE Sticker Shop. View them at this post.
● Fire Emblem Heroes will see New Heroes: Darkness Within on 10 May featuring Mareeta: The Blade’s Pawn, Berkut: Purgatorial Prince, Corrin: Wailing Soul, and Tiki: Torpid Dragon. Trailers and artwork here. Forging Bonds: Power’s Den also debuts on 10 May with a new Grand Hero Battle, featuring Delthea: Tatarrah’s Puppet scheduled for 12 May.
● The final charts before Golden Week saw Days Gone open at number one with an impressive 114,319 units sold. The top two Switch games were both new entries with FINAL FANTASY XII THE ZODIAC AGE selling 20,366 and Sword Art Online -Hollow Realization- DELUXE EDITION selling 17,618. Check out the full top 10 at this post.
● Weekly Famitsu Issue No.1588 saw Starlink: Battle for Atlas score 34/40, Cytus Alpha score 29/40, Figment score 29/40, NINJIN：Clash of Carrots score 31/40, Project Highrise：Architect’s Edition score 30/40, and RollerCoaster Tycoon Adventures score 29/40.
● Next week’s issue of the magazine will have new information on both Yokai Watch 4: Bokura wa Onajikara o Miage Tale and Fire Emblem: Fuuka Setsugetsu (Three Houses).
● Nintendo Co., Ltd. shares dropped by -90 (0.24%) in Japan today to close trading for the day at 37,130 JPY.
● NGDEV announced the Dreamcast／NEOGEO platformer Gunlord is coming to the Nintendo Switch eShop on 22 May as Gunlord X with new bosses and stages, and priced at $9.99.
● Spanish retailers Fnac and Game both listed Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth Hacker’s Memory for Nintendo Switch release on 30 October 2019.
● Bandai Namco Entertainment have announced that total sales of the Tales of series has surpassed 20 million units worldwide, with a digital sale coming to Japan.
● Gematsu report that Sega Games have applied for a Tabegoro! Super Monkey Ball trademark in Japan.
● Watch the opening movie for CLANNAD here.
● And the Japanese launch trailer for Zombie Night Terror here.
● Thanks to Naruki for more news tips again today!