Monday Update：Chrono Trigger Voted Best Game, Kirby Voted Best Character, Splatfest Results, & More！
Support us by shopping at japanesenintendo.com/shop
(use the code JPNINTENDO for $3 USD off)!
● In Splatfest results from Splatoon 2: Team Hare beat Team Tortoise 2-1 losing the Votes but winning both the Normal and Pro rules. Check out the percentages and results announcement video here.
● Fire Emblem Fuuka Setsugetsu (Fire Emblem Three Houses) will be one of the feature games in Weekly Famitsu Issue No.1586 this week. Check out teaser scans here.
● Nintendo posted footage of Team-Kyo recreating Hyrule Castle from The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild in Minecraft. Check out screenshots and the promo video here.
● Imagineer announced sales figures for Fit Boxing (Fitness Boxing) of 300,000 worldwide including retail shipments and digital sales.
● Nippon Ichi Software’s Jinrui no Minasama he (To All Humanity) will also be in this week’s Famitsu with the DLC character Shuka Suhaja (teaser scans here).
● Square-Enix’s Oni no Naku Kuni (Oninaki) will introduce the characters Kushi and Mayura in this week’s Famitsu (teaser scans here).
● Kazumasa Habu from Bandai Namco Entertainment tweeted that Digmon Survive news will arrive by early Summer.
● Fortnite will see an Avengers collaboration on Thursday (teaser image here).
● Nintendo will be holding a Nintendo Switch Golden Week Sale on the Japanese Switch eShop from 25 April to 08 May with savings on many top games including Super Mario Odyssey, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Kirby Star Allies, Mario Tennis Aces, OCTOPATH TRAVELER, and many more detailed at this post.
● Koch Media announced the Japanese localisation of Saints Row: The Third – The Full Package will release on the eShop on 09 May priced at ¥4,850 (the preload price is ¥4,365). There won’t be a physical release in the region.
● Tricore will be publishing the steam version of Yuoni:Zero (Yuoni:rises) on 30 April with the Nintendo Switch version scheduled to be released in the Summer. They are also considering VR compatibility for the Switch version.
● room6 tweeted on the 30th anniversary of the Nintendo Game Boy yesterday, that the Game Boy-style ARTIFACT ADVENTURE Gaiden DX is in the final stages and details of its eShop release should come soon.
● Chorus Worldwide said that the Classic Mode of VASARA Collection (both games) is almost complete, again release details will be shared shortly.
● Double Drive said that new stages will be added to Zombies Mansion (Undead’s Building) in an upcoming update.
● And D3 Publisher have updated THE Card ～Poker, Texas Hold ‘em, Blackjack, Page One～ to Version 1.0.1 fixing bugs in the original release.
● Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp will see Free Cookies For Days log-in-bonuses from 26 April (check out the full list of cookies here). Fishing Tourney: Schoolroom also begins on 24 April with teaser image at the same post.
● The pictured Chrono Trigger was voted the best game of the Heisei era (08 January 1989 – 30 April 2019) by Weekly Famitsu 7,100 readers. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild was voted second and NieR：Automata third. Check out this week’s cover here. A Chrono Trigger Original Soundtrack Revival Disc Blu-Ray will also be available from 10 July priced at ¥5,400 and includes game footage.
● Kirby was once again voted the favourite character of the readers of Nintendo Dream magazine followed by Link and Mario. Check out the full top 20 here.
● Nintendo will be sponsoring both the “Selection Booth” and "SENSE OF WONDER NIGHT 2019″ indie game areas at Tokyo Game Show 2019 at Makuhari Messe from 12 – 15 September.
● COMG! rankings intimated a very slow week with the PS4 games of Biohazard RE:2, EDF: Iron Rain, and Sekiro as the one, two, three. Langrisser I&II opened with just 16 pts on PS4 and at least 9 pts on Switch (the limited edition didn’t chart). TSUTAYA looks similarly slow with Super Smash Bros. Ultimate at the highest ranking Switch game (three) and Langrisser on Switch only at #20. GEO report that both Super Dragon Ball Heroes World Mission and FINAL FANTASY X/X-2 HD Remaster have retained good sales.
● Atlus’s Persona Super Live P-Sound Street 2019 will be at 25 April at 19:30 JST, 03:30 PT, 06:30 ET, 11:30 BST, and 12:30 CET on both niconico and Twitter (it starts ½ hour earlier for niconico Premium members). If Persona 5S is to come to Switch, then it is likely to be revealed at this date.
● Nintendo Co., Ltd. shares dropped by -640 (1.63%) in Japan today to close trading for the day at 38,560 JPY.
● Promo video for the packaged version of Puyo Puyo eSports here.
● English overview trailer for BOXBOY! + BOXGIRL! here.
● English launch trailer for SteamWorld Quest: Hand of Gilgamech here.
● A Denjin☆Gacha! segment for Konami’s Arcade Classics Anniversary Collection here.
● A Sisilala TV segment for Cytus α here.
● Introduction to the additional Yuzu dungeon in Dragon Fang Z: Ryuusha Rose to Yadorigi no Meikyuu here.
● Thanks to Naruki for more news tips again today!