Friday Update：Alfonse Joining Dragalia Lost, NCL Shares Reach 6 Month High, Plus Much More News！
Support us by shopping at japanesenintendo.com/shop
(use the code JPNINTENDO for $3 USD off)!
● The Castlevania: Spirit Nocturne spirit event is now live in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. Go to this post for the full list of available spirits, which includes for Legend-class Trevor C. Belmont and Alucard spirits.
● This weekend in Splatoon 2 is a global Spring Fest with Team Hare vs Team Tortoise. Full details at this post.
● Pixel Cat Marios (pictured here) will also be in Super Mario Odyssey’s free VR update next week.
● The Sonic Slash Group Match has begun in Pokkén Tournament DX with a Weavile reward for participating.
● If you purchase Pokémon: Let’s Go! Pikachu／Eevee in Japan from a retailer nationwide from 25 April, you will receive a free 50 page Tabidachi Guide (cover here) and a code for 100 in-game Poké Balls while stocks last.
● Free DLC for The Lego Movie 2 Videogame is now available in Japan for both Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4 with the Galactic Adventures and Prophecy Packs.
● Charaani Games are working on a patch for a bug in Langrisser I&II that occurs on the 10th turn of the Langrisser II scenario 3 ‘Hikari no dai shinden’.
● And commemoration artwork for the release of Taisho × Alice all in one yesterday here.
● Sega Games have announced that the classic racing game SEGA AGES Virtua Racing will release on the Japanese Nintendo Switch eShop next week (25 April) priced at ¥999. The game is the arcade version and includes both online play and 8-player local splitscreen multiplayer!
● X.D. Network will publish the rhythm action game Muse Dash on the Nintendo Switch eShop and Steam in mid-June. The Switch version will include all DLC. Switch announcement trailer posted here.
● DANGEN Entertainment and Black Seven Studios announced the Diablo meets Earthbound ARPG Kingdom of Night for October 2020 release on Nintendo Switch if it meets its Kickstarter goal. Check out the announcement trailer here.
● Another new game announced from DANGEN Entertainment (and Team Kwakwa) is the 2D action roguelike Helvetii which is ‘coming soon’. Check out the teaser trailer here.
● And in other DANGEN news: both Astalon: Tears of the Earth and Super Slime Arena are now scheduled for 2019 release.
● Next week’s Phantasy Star Online 2 Cloud EPISODE 6 update will include the new Phantom class as well as an enhanced communication function and various balance adjustments. The update hits all platforms on 24 April. Check out the trailer here.
● Koei Tecmo Games announced that the Shingeki no Kyojin ２ -Final Battle- (Attack on Titan 2: Final Battle) demo will release on the Japanese Switch eShop next week (26 April) with some benefits able to be transferred over the the full game.
● Kairosoft are continuing with their trial versions for their software with an Omori Gourmet Shokudo (Cafeteria Nipponica) demo releasing on 23 May. This will likely be worldwide.
● Another demo was announced for the Japanese Switch eShop, and a first for an Otomate title, with the upcoming Shiritsu Berubara Gakuen ～Versailles no Bara Re*imagination～. No date for the demo, but it will likely arrive before the full game launches (23 May).
● Cuphead debuted at number one on the Japanese Switch eShop charts. Check out the full top 10 (plus for 3DS) at this post.
● As expected, Akumajou Dracula Anniversary Collection (Castlevania Anniversary Collection) is also confirmed for 16 May release on the Switch eShop. ICYMI, the eight included games (English titles) are: Castlevania (NES), Castlevania III: Dracula’s Curse (NES), Castlevania II: Belmont’s Revenge (Game Boy), Super Castlevania IV (SNES), Castlevania Bloodlines (Mega Drive), Kid Dracula (NES), Castlevania the Adventure (Game Boy), and Castlevania II: Simon’s Quest (NES).
● Konami also posted a FAQ for the Arcade Classics Anniversary Collection that released yesterday, stating that the slow down for several games is intentional as it replicates the original releases(s)!
● Ubisoft will be removing Watch Dogs, Assassin’s Creed 4: Black Flag, Sprinter Cell Black List, Rabbids Land, ZombiU, Assassin’s Creed III, Sports Connection, Child of Light, and Cloudberry Kingdom from the Japanese Wii U eShop on 24 April 2019.
● Dragalia Lost detailed more information about next week’s Fire Emblem: Lost Heroes event with the new defensive battles event format, plus Fire Emblem Heroes’ Alfonse (pictured) announced, he can be permanently added to your team if you meet the criteria.
● Fire Emblem Heroes saw Special Heroes: A Season for Picnic begin featuring Flora: Signature Dish, Lukas: Buffet for One, Genny: Dressed with Care, and Felicia: Off the Menu. Check out the trailers and artwork at this post.
● Pokémon GO will see Shiny Meltan reappear in Mystery Boxes from 24 April – 05 May.
● From the Dengeki TOP50: V-Rally 4 opened with just 613 copies sold on Nintendo Switch. Nintendo Labo: VR Kit was number two with 23,656 units sold (both models).
● Nintendo will be at AEON Mall Makuhari, Chiba on 29/30 April and AEON Mall Kyoto on 01/02 May with Nintendo Labo: VR Kit, New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe, Yoshi’s Crafted World, and Pokémon: Let’s Go! Pikachu／Eevee all playable with some cool items free for playing them (pictured and detailed at this post).
● Nintendo Co., Ltd. shares soared today, by +4,850 (14.12%) in Japan today to close trading for the week at a six month high of 39,200 JPY. This is almost entirely due to the story of Nintendo partnering with Tencent to potentially release the Nintendo Switch system in China.
● Microïds will be remaking the GameCube’s cel-shaded FPS XIII for 13 November release on Nintendo Switch both physically and digitally.
● WayForward and Arc System Works announced a new female Kunio-kun game River City Girls for release on an unspecified platform(s). Automation also confirmed a Japanese release.
● Square-Enix announced a FINAL FANTASY VII ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK REVIVAL DISC Blu-ray for 24 July release priced at ¥5,400. Check out the teaser website here.
● One of Dragon Quest Director Yuji Horii’s teachers Kazuo Koike has passed. Horii graduated from Koike’s Gekiga Sonjuku. Koike wrote Lone Wolf and Cub, Lady Snowblood, Crying Freeman, and others.
● Gameplay video for the DLC characters Grachiosaurus and Hunter Wolf in Zoids Wild: King of Blast here
● Introduction video for the second batch of games for the Japanese Mega Drive Mini release here.
● And the second episode of Dragalia Lost Radio Garden here.
● Thanks to Naruki for more news tips again today! And thanks everybody for following – have a great weekend!