Wednesday Update：Joker Coming Tomorrow, Nikkei Report Switch Mini This Fall, Plus Much More News！
Support us by shopping at japanesenintendo.com/shop
(use the code JPNINTENDO for $3 USD off)!
● Nintendo officially dated the Version 3.0.0 update for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate including the Joker DLC for a few hours time (17 April in North America and 18 April in Japan). The update includes the stage builder mode, video editing, and Smash World integration in the Nintendo Switch Online app with the Joker DLC also including the Mementos stage and 11 music tracks from Persona 5, as well as 3 and 4, priced at ¥650. Mii Fighter costumes from the Persona and Sonic the Hedgehog series were also announced priced at ¥80 each. Check out artwork for Joker here, screenshots and videos here, and the Mii Fighter costumes here.
● Nikkei report that the much rumoured cheaper Nintendo Switch revision will release this Fall with the main function being as a portable device but with the ability to connect to the TV. Neither of the rumoured hardware revisions have been officially confirmed by Nintendo, but have been reported by The Wall Street Journal, Eurogamer, and now Nikkei. The article also reports that QoL has been cancelled as “Nintendo couldn’t make it a Nintendo-like product” according to a company official.
● In other Super Smash Bros. Ultimate news: the Castlevania: Spirit Nocturne spirit event was announced for this weekend featuring Legend-class Trevor C. Belmont and Alucard, and more detailed at this post.
● Another visual novel was announced for Nintendo Switch with Raspberry Cube releasing on 29 August published by iMel. Both standard and limited editions are scheduled. Check out the box art here.
● Super Saiyan God Vegeta will be added to Dragon Ball Xenoverse ２ for Nintendo Switch as a playable DLC character this June with his ultimate attack being Prominence Flash.
● The Kid Goku (GT) DLC will be coming to Dragon Ball FighterZ next month.
● Check out the official artwork for this weekend’s coming Splatoon 2 Spring Fest here.
● With Langrisser I&II now available for Nintendo Switch: if you preloaded the game and don’t have access to the Classic Mode, Charaani Games recommend you redownload. Owners who purchased the game between 28 February to March 04 should be affected.
● Epic Games updated Fortnite to v8.40 adding the Air Royale Limited Time Mode where you can pilot the X-4 Stormwing, the Infantry Rifle weapon, the Food Fight – Deep Fried Limited Time Mode where you compete in teams to protect your restaurant mascot, plus the Explosive Device in Creative.
● Jupiter announced their third Picross game for Nintendo Switch with Picross S3 releasing worldwide on the Switch eShop next week (25 April) where the Japanese price will be ¥1,000. The game includes Picross, Mega Picross, Clip Picross, and the new Color Picross mode. Check out the trailer here.
● Nintendo published a demo for BOXBOY! + BOXGIRL! on the Nintendo Switch eShop in North America and Japan (where it is known as Hako Boy！＆ Hako Girl！). It’s also available to preload, priced at ¥1,200 and requiring requiring 543 MB.
● The only other demo releasing on the Japanese Switch eShop today was for the visual novel Ayakashi Koi Gikyoku with the full game also on sale, reduced from ¥2,980 to ¥1,996.
● Grasshopper Manufacture have updated Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes to Version 1.2.0 adding BLACK BIRD, Black The Fall, Dropsy, Fire Pro Wrestling World, GORN, GRIS, La-Mulana 2, OLIJA, Rain World, RIOT, Saturday Morning RPG, SIREN, TAROTICA VOO DOO, The MISSING, Wulverblade, Zarvot,, Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen, The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker, and Zero～Tsukihami no Kamen～ T-shirts, with the Bubblegum Fatale DLC also newly available adding Bad Girl and the Killer Marathon stage. Check out the DLC trailer here.
● Hamster’s only release this week is the 2004 SNK fighting game ACA NEOGEO Samurai Spirits Zero SPECIAL (Samurai Shodown V Special) which is priced at the usual ¥823／$7.99／€6.99／£6.29.
● Media-5 released three more kanji learning games in their Gureko Kara no Chousenjou! series on the Japanese Switch eShop priced at ¥1,000 each, and aimed at 4th, 5th, and 6th graders!
● DANGEN Entertainment announced the 2D fighting game Pocket Rumble will release on the Japanese Switch eShop on 30 May priced at ¥1,080. Japanese trailer posted here.
● Teyon Japan announced they will release the puzzle platforming game The Way ～Towa no Chikai～ (The Way Remastered) next week (25 April) priced at ¥1,200. Japanese trailer posted here.
● Darksiders Warmastered Edition is now available to preload in Japan priced at ¥1,980 (the regular price is ¥2,980) published by Worker Bee, and launching next week (25 April). Check out the Japanese trailer here.
● SlabWell is also newly available to preload priced at ¥540 and again launches on 25 April where it will be published by Shinyuden. Japanese trailer posted here.
● SAT-BOX published a DLC pack for Drop Eraser with Bokura no Keshigomu Otoshi + Party Pack Set priced at ¥1,800. The company also confirmed that Tsukue de Bowling (Bowling on Desk) will release next week (25 April) with preloads open at ¥720 (regular price is ¥800). Trailer posted here.
● Digital Extremes updated Warframe today adding Plains of Eidolon Remaster. Check out the launch trailer here.
● Chorus Worldwide have finished the Japanese localisation of The Warlock of Firetop Mountain: Goblin Scourge Edition! with release likely imminent.
● And Happy Meal/Flyhigh Works have updated Ise Shima Mystery Annai: Itsuwari no Kuro Shinju with minor improvements to the game.
● Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp will see Truffles, Nana, Pinky, Gayle, and Marina arrive this week (teaser image here).
● Dragalia Lost will see the next Summon Showcase, Visions of Amity begin tomorrow with Featured Adventurer: Sylas and Featured Dragon: Pazuzu detailed here. Tomorrow will also see Chapter 8: Entwining Flames added to the main campaign and High Mercury’s Trial added to the Advanced Dragon Trials.
● Fire Emblem Heroes saw the next Special Heroes for Friday’s summoning event teased (here). Grand Conquests is also now live with a three-army battle between Chrom, Lucina, and Robin.
● In the latest Japanese charts, EARTH DEFENSE FORCE: IRON RAIN debuted on top with 55,573 units sold, Nintendo Labo Toy-Con 04: VR Kit opened at number two with 26,634, and FINAL FANTASY X/X-2 HD Remaster was number three with 16,839. Nintendo Switch should be at eight million for Japan next week and increased to 54,101 units sold this week. Check out the full top 10 at this post.
● Weekly Famitsu Issue No.1585 review scores included Satsujin Tantei Jack the Ripper (Murder Detective Jack the Ripper) with 30/40, GRIP: Combat Racing with 31/40, Lyrica with 30/40, Phantom Cat Super Nya Edition with 30/40, and Xenon Valkyrie+ with 26/40. The other game reviewed (Frane ～Dragons’ Odyssey～, which scored 27/40, has not yet been confirmed for Switch).
● Nintendo Co., Ltd. shares increased by a further +370 (1.07%) in Japan today to close trading for the day at 34,830 JPY – another high for 2019!
● Nintendo of America announced that the Pichu, Isabelle, and Pokémon Trainer amiibo will release on 26 July. Nintendo of Europe announced they will release seven days earlier, and the same date as Japan.
● Katana ZERO, which was due to be published by Devolver Digital, will no longer release this week in Australia or New Zealand as intended due to it having a ‘Classification Refused’ rating.
● Arc System Works will publish Psikyo Collection Vol.3 for Nintendo Switch on 29 May. Check out the box art here.
● Microsoft officially revealed the 1TB Xbox One S All-Digital Edition for 07 May release priced at $249 and including Minecraft, Forza Horizon 3, and Sea of Thieves. The Japanese name will be Xbox One S Digital Edition and priced at ¥26,978.
● Square Enix announced a FINAL FANTASY VII – A Symphonic Reunion concert at Hollywood’s Dolby Theatre, Los Angeles on 09 June. More details here.
● An UNDERTALE Encore CD will be free with physical copies of Nintendo DREAM July issue (out 21 May).
● A Summer Pockets arrange album, “Seven’s sea” releases in Japan on 29 May. Check out the sound samples here.
● And the Chocobo no Fushigi na Dungeon EVERY BUDDY！original soundtrack releases on 24 April. Check out sound samples for that too here.
● Promo video for the Hoshi no Kirby Gourmet Deluxe lottery here.
● A trailer for the English Inazuma Eleven Ares anime series here.
● Another action introduction video for Shingeki no Kyojin ２ -Final Battle- (Attack on Titan 2: Final Battle) here.
● The Trials Rising Expansion 1 ‘Sixty Six’ trailer here.
● A Famitsu livestream for Arcade Archives TIME PILOT here (it begins 1:30 in).
● Thanks to Naruki for more news tips again today!