Friday Update：Labo VR Kit Out Now, Mario Kart Trademark, Splatoon 2 Update, Plus Much More！
Support us by shopping at japanesenintendo.com/shop
(use the code JPNINTENDO for $3 USD off)!
● A big day for Nintendo today as the pictured Nintendo Labo Toy-Con 04: VR Kit as well as Daisy, Young Link, and Ken amiibo are now available worldwide. Nintendo tweeted a brief 17 second clip showing the new amiibo.
● Nintendo updated Splatoon 2 to Version 4.6.1 with the mysterious patch notes of “Made fixes to the data scheduled for an upcoming release.”
● The latest spirit event is now live in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate called The Right Staff and featuring staff-wielding spirits including Legend-Class spirit Kristal and the Ace-class spirits Hilda and Star Rod, and many more (check out the full list here).
● The final second round match in the ARMS Party Crash Bash tournament is also now live with Mechanica vs. Dr. Coyle. The winner will face Ninjara in the semi-finals next month.
● Also now live is the second Teto 1 Cup／Maximus Cup／Grand Prix in TETRIS 99 where 999 players from each of the three major regions will receive 999 My Nintendo Gold Points.
● Bandai Namco Entertainment announced an update to Super Dragon Ball Heroes World Mission will be coming soon with new cards, new missions, and an unstoppable force on the way. Check out the teaser trailer here.
● Preorders are now open for the Switch version of GOD EATER 3 which releases in Japan on 11 July (12th in the West) priced at ¥7,344. Check out the box art here and yesterday’s post with the announcement trailer here.
● The Pokémon Let’s Go! Pikachu／Eevee code for a Level 70 Mewtwo is now available if you preorder a ticket for the upcoming Mewtwo Strikes Back EVOLUTION movie (which opens on 11 July 2019).
● Althi updated WorldNeverland – Elnea Kingdom to Version 1.4.1 which fixes problems from the previous update where some dungeons appeared darkened.
● Teyon Japan teased a new Nintendo Switch announcement for 02 May. The Japanese text says “New Year Earth Invasion”.
● In an update to the Celeste update: “We’re on the home stretch of development for Chapter 9: Farewell. It won’t be out in April, but hopefully it won’t be much longer. For the physical release, we decided to hold off on printing until Farewell is finished. This DLC will be a free update on all platforms!”
● Inti Creates updated Blaster Master Zero 2 to Version 1.2.1 where “An issue where the player could get stuck and become unable to progress on planet Stranga in Area E after entering Dungeon 1 while separated from G-SOPHIA has been fixed.”
● Mediascape announced that Yakumo Yukari will be available as DLC in Touhou Sky Arena: Gensokyo Kuusen Hime -MATSURI-CLIMAX from 25 April priced at ¥324.
● Check our this week’s Nintendo eShop charts here with Puyo Puyo eSports again at number one, The friends of Ringo Ishikawa opening at number three, and Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters Legacy of the Duelist：Link Evolution preloads debuting at number five.
● Animal Crossing: New Leaf (Tobidase Doubutsu no Mori) will see the fourth Fishing Tourney of 2019 tomorrow.
● Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp saw the Bunny Day Egg Hunt event begin with bunny-day eggs replacing gyroidites around the islands with craftable items including a giant Zipper plushie (which requires 600 eggs!), Check out the full list of items (with pictures!) at this post. Zipper also took over both the Pokemori Twitter and LINE accounts including posting smartphone wallpaper to the former.
● Dragalia Lost saw the new Summon Showcase: Dragon Special begin today featuring Leviathan, Cupid, and Garuda (full details here). The dragon, Agni, is also available in Void Battles from today. The next update (due on 25 April) will see changes to future summoning events where wyrmprints will no longer be available (you can instead obtain them from the in-game Shop). The final bit of news is for the Fire Emblem Heroes collaboration event which will be called Fire Emblem: Lost Heroes, and is due after the maintenance for the new update.
● Nintendo updated the Nintendo Mimamori Switch (Nintendo Switch Parental Controls) app to Version 1.8.0 where “Changes to the Software Rating Organisations used content restrictions and other features have been addressed” as well as “Bug fixes have been implemented”.
● Super Mario Run saw the return of the Friendly Run Event where you receive Rally Tickets whether you win or lose when playing Friendly Run!
● The first day sell-through for FINAL FANTASY X/X-2 HD Remaster is approximately 30% for Switch.
● Nintendo Co., Ltd. shares increased by +700 (2.12%) in Japan today to close trading for the week at 33,650 JPY, the highest level since late January.
● Super Rare Games announced physical releases for RIVE Ultimate Edition, Toki Tori (both games on one cart), The Darkside Detective, Earthlock, and Wulverblade.
● Focus Home Interactive revealed that Farming Simulator 19 is coming to Nintendo Switch (thanks 4Gamer).
● Idea Factory have postponed the release of Super Neptunia RPG again, this time from Spring to Summer 2019.
● Nintendo Co., Ltd. have applied for a new MARIOKART trademark in Japan, although again isn’t videogame related but likely tightening up all aspects of potential merchandising following the legal trouble with the former MariCAR. Check out more details, along with the actual application, at this post.
● OCTOPATH TRAVELER will no longer be a Nintendo Switch exclusive as it’s coming to Steam on 07 June (thanks Gematsu).
● Disney is apparently in negotiations to bring its Disney+ streaming service to Nintendo Switch (thanks GoNintendo).
● Phantasy Star Online 2 Stars:EPISODE6 trailer here.
● Team Sonic Racing BGM9 – Wisp Circuit trailer here.
● The English launch trailer for Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy here.
● And the first episode of Dragalia Lost Radio Garden here.
● Thanks to Naruki for more news tips again today!