Wednesday Update：Second Story of Seasons Game in Development, Plus Much More News！
Support us by shopping at japanesenintendo.com/shop
(use the code JPNINTENDO for $3 USD off)!
● In an interview in the latest issue of Weekly Famitsu magazine, Marvelous state: “The production of a new Bokujou Monogatari game is progressing separately from this work. We’re going to expand the Bokujou Monogatari series further from here.” ‘This work’ refers to the upcoming Doraemon Nobita no Bokujou Monogatari game. This confirms Nintendo’s own listing of a separate Story of Seasons title from the Doraemon game for Switch.
● Nintendo (in)advertently revealed a Stage Builder mode for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate in the latest ‘My Way’ commercial (added to this post). The Right Staff spirit event was also announced for Friday featuring staff-wielding spirits including the Legend-Class spirit Kristal and the Ace-class spirits Hilda and Star Rod. Check out the full list of available spirts at this post. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate has also become the second Nintendo Switch title (after Splatoon 2 to sell upwards of three million copies at retail in Japan (inclusive of download cards but not including digital sales).
● Nintendo updated the Family Computer Nintendo Switch Online app to Version 2.4.0 adding in the already announced Punch Out!! (Punch Out!! featuring Mr. Dream), Super Mario Bros. 2 (Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels), and Star Soldier, along with Hikari Shinwa: Palutena no Kagami Sanshu no Shinki Version (Kid Iacrus SP). Check out trailers for the first three games here and screens for all four games here.
● Capcom will be updating Gyakuten Saiban 123 Naruhodo Selection (Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy) in August 2019 adding German, French, Korean, Traditional Chinese, and Simplified Chinese language support.
● New DLC is now available for Taiko no Tatsujin Nintendo Switch Version! with the Tatsujin Challenge Pack Vol. 3 priced at ¥540 and containing five new songs.
● Epic Games have updated Fortnite to v8.30 with the Reboot Van allowing you to bring eliminated teammates back into battle, a Buccaneer’s Bounty Event with a new LTM every day, and the Fly Explosives LTM which combines the High Explosives LTM with the Jetpack. Switch owners should also see various level streaming performance optimisations and an improved texture streaming performance.
● WFS gave a development update to Another Eden: Jikuu wo Koeru Neko (Another Eden: The Cat Beyond Time and Space) saying that development has not been discontinued and that it takes time for porting from middleware Cocos2d-x to Unity. They want the port not to lose the uniqueness of its original but are currently busy developing mobile games.
● Kairosoft’s ninth Nintendo Switch title is the restaurant management simulation game Omori Gourmet Shokudo (Cafeteria Nipponica) which releases next week (18 April) priced at ¥1,200. Check out the introduction video for the Switch version here.
● After tabletop Ping Pong, Soccer, and Baseball games, SAT-BOX will next release Tsukue de Bowling on the Japanese Switch eShop in late April priced at ¥800. Check out the smartphone version trailer here.
● G-mode announced the RucKyGAMES-developed sudoku game Nanpure Relax (Sudoku Relax) for release on the Japanese Switch eShop on 25 April priced at ¥500. English language is supported so expect a worldwide release. Japanese trailer posted here.
● Herrero are also publishing the shooting and racing game Mercury Race on the Japanese Switch eShop next week (18 April) priced at ¥599 with preloads now live. Check out the trailer here.
● UNTIES are publishing the action-adventure game Figment on the Japanese Switch eShop on 25 April and is now available to preload for ¥1,944 (regular price is ¥2,160). Japanese trailer posted here.
● Lightwood Games’s latest puzzler Square Pictograph Block-a-Pix DELUXE is due for release on the Japanese Switch eShop next week (18 April) published by Rainy Frog and available for the preload price of ¥720 (regular price is ¥800). Japanese trailer posted here.
● The Japanese price of Rad Rodgers Radical Edition is ¥2,980 with preloads now live at 33% off (¥1,980). Worker Bee are publishing in Japan with release next week (18 April). Check out the Japanese trailer here.
● Digital Sun Games announced that Moonlighter has surpassed 500,000 worldwide sales on all platforms and that paid DLC ‘Between Dimensions’ is coming to the game this Summer.
● Inside System’s upcoming ARPG Brave Dungeon: Seigi no Imi look like being triple in volume to the previous work, thus expected to cost around ¥1,500.
● 29 Games may port their upcoming smartphone puzzler Rocket Puzzle to Nintendo Switch if the demand is there.
● This week’s new preloads include Cytus α (Cytus Alpha) priced at ¥6,264, requiring 2.2 GB, and supporting English, and Moujuutsukai to Ouji-sama ～Flower ＆ Snow～ for Nintendo Switch, priced at ¥7,344, requiring 4.0 GB, and which supports Japanese language only. Check out this week’s Japanese Switch eShop releases too at this post.
● Dwango released a NayutalieN「Dance of Venus」theme on the Japanese 3DS eShop priced at ¥200. Check out an image and trailer here.
● Gu~nyan is currently 25% off on the Japanese 3DS eShop (from ¥200 to ¥150) and Power Disc Slam is 50% off (from ¥1,000 to ¥500), both until 24 April.
● Teslapunk is currently 50% off on the Japanese Wii U eShop (from ¥1,000 to ¥500) until 24 April.
● Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp saw several new additions today including finally new normal classes in Happy Homeroom, part one of the Reissue Crafting feature (with furniture and clothing from Rover’s Garden Safari, Leif’s Spring Flowers, and the Look-Alike Gyroidite Scavenger Hunt), and a new limited time Wall & Floor Collection (with tea-party wall, schoolroom wall, egg wall, rococo floor, and schoolroom floor – pictures here).
● Dragalia Lost will see the dragon Agni added to Void Battles on 12 April (11th PT). See him pictured here.
● Fire Emblem Heroes saw Forging Bonds: A Trust Earned and New Heroes: Out of Gallia (featuring Ranulf: Friend of Nations, Lethe: Gallia’s Valkyrie, Mordecai: Kindhearted Tiger, and Caineghis: Gallia’s Lion King) both begin. Check out the introduction trailer and official artwork for the four New Heroes at this post. Grand Hero Haar: Black Tempest arrives tomorrow for a new Battle.
● Pokémon GO will see the return of the Eggstravaganza event from 16-23 April with Pichu, Smoochum, and Magby available in 2km Eggs and a Shiny Buneary in the wild. The Lucky Friends feature was also confirmed for the game, plus you can buy new avatar poses for 500 coins each.
● This week’s Japanese software charts saw Super Dragon Ball Heroes World Mission debut at number one with 70,990 units sold. Yoshi’s Crafted World sold a further 28,468 and is now at 78,475 units (not including digital). Nintendo Switch was the best-selling hardware although dropped slightly to 46,850 (PlayStation 4 dropped sharply to 13,854 after the recent promotion ended) and has sold over one million units in Japan in this calendar year.
● Weekly Famitsu Issue No1584 review scores included Bombslinger with 28/40, Moonlighter: Tenshu to Yuusha no Bouken with 31/40, RICO with 28/40, RIOT – Civil Unrest with 23/40 (the second lowest review score given for a Switch title), and Sephirothic Stories with 26/40.
● Nintendo Co., Ltd. shares decreased by -320 (0.96%) in Japan today to close trading for the day at 32,920 JPY.
● Focus Home Interactive announced both Vampyr and Call of Cthulhu for release thus year on Switch.
● Greenlight Games announced that Table Top Racing: World Tour Nitro Edition will release on the Switch eShop on 01 May.
● Slime Tactics (which launched in Japan today) releases worldwide on 11 April. Check out the launch trailer here.
● Watch NyaNyaNya! Neko Mario Time Episode #137 featuring Nintendo Labo VR KIT, Yoshi’s Crafted World, and Super Smash Bros. Ultimate here.
● A BOXBOY! + BOXGIRL! ‘Box basics’ video from Nintendo UK here.
● A couple of action introduction videos for Shingeki no Kyojin ２ -Final Battle- (Attack on Titan 2: Final Battle) here.
● A Capcom TV Episode #101 segment on Dragon’s Dogma：Dark Arisen here.
● A backstage mission video for Satsujin Tantei Jack the Ripper (Murder Detective Jack the Ripper) here.
● And a joint livestream for both FINAL FANTASY X/X-2 HD Remaster and FINAL FANTASY XII THE ZODIAC AGE here.
● Thanks to Naruki for more news tips again today!