Monday Update：Octopath Traveler Concert Coming To Japan This July, Plus More News！
Support us by shopping at japanesenintendo.com/shop
(use the code JPNINTENDO for $3 USD off)!
● Prototype announced that Summer Pockets has been given a CERO C rating (suitable for ages 15 and up). It’s due for releases on 20 June – preorder here.
● Cosen announced that the fast-paced battle game Panty Party will be coming to the Switch eShop worldwide in late April/early May with a retail release planned for outside of Japan. Cosen also announced they will be bringing some European titles to Japan in the near-future.
● Tricore announced the VR horror text adventure game Yuoni:Zero (the western name will be Yuoni:rises) for release on Steam VR in Spring with a Switch version to follow at a later date. No indication on whether the Switch version will be compatible with the VR Toy-Con. Check out the trailer here.
● Zodiac Interactive announced the non-linear puzzle game Death Coming will release on the Japanese Switch eShop on 25 April priced at ¥1,079. Check out the trailer here.
● Kakehashi Games announced the swipe ‘em up Reigns: Game of Thrones for release on the Japanese Switch eShop this week (11 April) with price to be confirmed (probably around ¥500). Check out the trailer here.
● Commentout announced that the 2D side-scrolling action game Tokoyo no Tou (The Tower of Permanence) will release on Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and PC this Summer with iOS and Android versions coming later. Check out all three trailers here.
● Samurai Punk announced that the serene adventure game Feather will also release on the Japanese Switch eShop, although no release date was specified. Check out the trailer here.
● Another Indie accidentally tweeted the wrong platform for the 25 April of Yuppie Psycho and the game will release on Steam on this date and not Switch. The Switch version should be coming soon after!
● And Beep Company hope to localise Trüberbrook for Japan this Summer!
● Fire Emblem Heroes saw Robin win Voting Gauntlet: Destructive Forces and the Grounds of Water map added to Blessed Gardens. Wednesday will see Forging Bonds: A Trust Earned and New Heroes: Out of Gallia. The latter features Ranulf: Friend of Nations, Lethe: Gallia’s Valkyrie, Mordecai: Kindhearted Tiger, and Caineghis: Gallia’s Lion King. Check out the introduction trailer here. The next Grand Hero Battle also comes on Thursday featuring Haar: Black Tempest.
● Nintendo updated the Nintendo Switch Online app to Version 1.5.0 with “Various performance and usability improvements implemented, including changing the button display position”, “Bug fixes implemented”, and “Supported versions changed. To use this app, iOS 10.0／Android 5.0 or later is now required.”.
● In COMG! rankings: Super Dragon Ball Heroes World Mission is number one with 114 pts, SEKIRO: SHADOWS DIE TWICE is number two with 27 pts, and Yoshi’s Crafted World is down to third with 23 pts. The same top three positions also with TSUTAYA and GEO with the latter reporting relatively strong initial sales for Super Dragon Ball Heroes and preorders for the Mega Drive Mini W (the two controller version) have been “overwhelmingly popular”.
● Square Enix have announced that the OCTOPATH TRAVELER Break, Boost and Beyond live concert will take place on 28 July 2019 at Olympus Hall Hachioji, in Tokyo, Japan.
● Nintendo Co., Ltd. shares dropped by -600 (1.81%) in Japan today to close trading at 32,610 JPY.
● In UK charts: Tom Clancy’s The Division 2 is at number one, knocking off Yoshi’s Crafted World which is down to number three. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is up to number four, New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe is up to nine, and Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is up to 10. Super Dragon Ball Heroes World Mission debuts at 26.
● Kitana is the latest confirmed fighter in Mortal Kombat 11 in the new TV commercial here.
● The international release date for VA-11 Hall-A: Cyberpunk Bartender Action is 02 May with Limited Run Games delivering a packaged version later. Check out the release date trailer here.
● Nintendo have opened up a webpage for AI Assistant chat support.
● A ‘female player experiences’ trailer for Real Time Battle Shogi here. The game has also been updated to Version 1.0.1.
● The sixth gameplay tutorial clip for Umihara Kawase Fresh! here.
● Thanks to Naruki for more news tips again today!
● And thanks everybody for following. Please also check out my new Toad fansite (new profile for Toad from The Super Mario Bros. Super Show! just added!), follow me on Twitter @japaneseswitch and please buy me a coffee!