Friday Update：Super Mario Odyssey & Breath of the Wild To Receive VR Support, Plus Much More！
Support us by shopping at japanesenintendo.com/shop
(use the code JPNINTENDO for $3 USD off)!
● Nintendo announced that Super Mario Odyssey and The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild will be updated later this month (26th in Japan and 25th in North America) where they will both add compatibility with the Nintendo Labo Toy-Con VR Goggles. Super Mario Odyssey will add three new mini-missions to the game. Breath of the Wild looks like the full game can be playable with the goggles. Check out trailers for each title at this post.
● The Cruisin’ for a Bruisin’ spirit event is now live in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate with spirits including Akuma, Giga Mac, Akira, and many more detailed here. In related news: Masahiro Sakurai reiterated at Famitsu Game Award 2018 that the Joker DLC is coming soon!
● SNK finally confirmed that SAMURAI SPIRITS (Samurai Shodown) will release for Nintendo Switch in Japan this Winter. The PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions both launch on 27 June. Check out the latest trailer and today’s livestream here. An arcade version was also announced.
● Takara Tomy Arts announced that Dime Pulsar will join Grachiosaurus, Hunter Wolf, and three yet-to-be-named characters that will be added to Zoids Wild: King of Blast as free DLC this Summer. Check out the introduction video for Dime Pulsar here.
● Kogado Studio confirmed that the visual novel game Hakuisei Renai Shoukougun RE:Therapy will release for Nintendo Switch, PlayStation Vita, and PC in Japan on 19 April priced at ¥4,800.
● The Outrage Smasher Group Match has now begun in Pokkén Tournament DX with a reward based on Garchomp. A Sonic Slash Group Match was announced for 19-21 April with a reward based on Weavile.
● FuRyu have mysteriously removed Pikachin-Kit Game de Pirameki Daisakusen! from the Japanese Switch eShop with no explanation to why. FuRyu have also removed all promo videos related to the game, although the website is still up. The My Nintendo Store listing has an error code and “This content is currently not available.”
● Althi updated WorldNeverland – Elnea Kingdom to Version 1.4.0 adding the new Interior Mode.
● Hamster’s latest Arcade Archiver presentation (#184) had a big announcement of Konami titles coming to Nintendo Switch! The first in what will likely be a long line-up of releases is the multi-directional scrolling shoot ‘em up Arcade Archives TIME PILOT which releases next week (11 April) priced at the usual ¥823／$7.99／€6.99／£6.29. In other Hamster news: the Nichibutsu shoot’em up Arcade Archives TERRA FORCE appeared on the North America Nintendo Switch eShop yesterday priced at $7.99. The game hasn’t been confirmed for other regions, making this the first staggered release for a Hamster game for Nintendo Switch. Trailer for Terra Force posted here.
● Play,Doujin! announced the 8-bit real-time strategy game Little Bit War for Nintendo Switch in 2019. The game previously released for PC as TinyWar high-speed. Check out a trailer for the PC version here.
● Oasis Games announced they will be bringing the puzzle-platformer Light Tracer to the Nintendo Switch with the game playable at Tokyo Sandbox this weekend. The game is already available on PlayStation VR.
● Altered Matter announced the gravity-based puzzle platformer Etherborn for release on the Japanese Switch eShop. Check out the Famitsu demo gameplay video here.
● Beep Company announced they will be localising the mystery-sci-fi adventure game Trüberbrook for the domestic Japanese market.
● Room6 posted the excellent faux-cover art for Artifact Adventure Gaiden DX that they’ll be distributing at Tokyo Sandbox this weekend.
● Ultimate Chicken Horse topped the April players ranking page on the Nintendo website followed by Hollow Knight, Ice Climber, GRIS, The Battle Cats, Final Fantasy IX, Ise Shima Mystery Annai, Stray Cat Doors, Puyo Puyo eSports, and Yumenikki.
● Check out this week’s Nintendo eShop charts for both Switch and 3DS. with Puyo Puyo eSports again at number one, here.
● A NayutalieN theme is scheduled for the Japanese 3DS Theme Shop next week.
● The latest Feh Channel presentation for Fire Emblem Heroes saw the announcement of the addition to be made shortly of the Pair Up feature and the Aether Resort mode in the post detailed here (along with the full video presentation). Today say Summoning Focus: Heroes with Odd Wave Skills featuring Ishtar: Thunder Goddess, Loki: The Trickster, and Laevatein: Searing Steel.
● In a list of some of the winners from the Famitsu Game Award 2018: both Super Smash Bros. Ultimate and Monster Hunter: World one Game of the Year. OCTOPATH TRAVELER won an Excellence Award, Rookie Award and Best Game Music. Kirby won best character, and Masahiro Sakurai won MVP. More details at this post.
● The first-day sell-through for Super Dragon Ball Heroes World Mission is approximately 40%. Yoshi’s Crafted World sell-through for the opening weekend varied between 35-45% depending upon tracker.
● Nintendo Co., Ltd. shares increased by +760 (2.34%) in Japan today to close trading for the week at 33,210 JPY. This is their highest rating in over two months.
● XSEED Games and Marvelous announced that SENRAN KAGURA Peach Ball will release in the West this Summer with North America also getting a limited print-run, with the game digital only in Europe and Australasia.
● Inti Creates announced that Blaster Master Zero 2 will be getting an Original soundtrack on 01 may (cover artwork here).
● Check out pictures of the outdoors of Uniqlo Shinsaibashi as it looks right now here.
● The president of Square Enix subsidiary Studio Istolia Hideo Baba has left both companies as of December 2018 and March 2019 respectively (via Gematsu).
● A promo video for the Splatoon 2 Mecha Gear, which will be available via download code in the May 2019 issue of CoroCoro Comic, here.
● The latest gameplay tutorial clip for Umihara Kawase Fresh! here.
● And a trailer for The Demon Crystal here (the game launches in North America and Europe on 11 April).
● Thanks to Naruki for more news tips again today!