Tuesday Update：Shantae 5, Labyrinth of Galleria, And Snack World Localisation All Announced！
Support us by shopping at japanesenintendo.com/shop
(use the code JPNINTENDO for $3 USD off)!
● WayForward announced Shantae 5 for release later this year on Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC, and Apple Arcade. No more information is known at present.
● Nippon Ichi Software are set to announce Galleria no Chika Meikyuu to Majo no Ryodan (Labyrinth of Galleria: Coven of Dusk) for Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and PlayStation Vita, releasing on 25 July in Japan. The game is said to be more of a successor to Labyrinth of Refrain than a full sequel. We should learn more within the next day or two!
● Bandai Namco Entertainment are updating Dragon Ball FighterZ to Ver.1.15 on 27 March with character skill and system adjustments. Check out the patch notes (in Japanese) here and the webpage for Kid Goku (GT) here!
● Rising Win Tech announced both the zombie survival game Jungle Z and the 3D music platformer Rising Sky for releases on the Japanese Switch eShop on 08 and 12 April respectively. Check out promo videos for both games here and here.
● Nintendo updated Mario & Luigi: Bowser’s Inside Story + Bowser Jr’s Journey (Mario & Luigi RPG3 DX in Japan) to Version 1.2 which addresses an issue where sound wouldn’t play for music from the Nintendo DS version of Mario & Luigi: Bowser’s Inside Story in the Music Menu, under Records.
● Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp saw Fresh Fruit Goals added today which demanded a he amount of fruit (including the exotic fruits) from each player in return for in-game rewards. Fruits could be bought from the Market box, leading to some of the busiest trading since the game began.
● Dragalia Lost was updated to Version 1.6 allowing players to equip a second wyrmprint, plus much more. A Feh Channel-esque Dragalia Digest programme also announced many upcoming events including a collaboration with Fire Emblem Heroes. More details of the update and the video for the Digest at this post.
● Fire Emblem Heroes saw both the Bound Hero Battle: Bartre & Fir event begin alongside the Summoning Focus: Bound Hero Battle event, which also saw Karla added to the mix.
● Nintendo Co., Ltd. shares shot up by an amazing +4.76% today to close trading at ¥31,900.00. This is likely due to the The Wall Street Journal report yesterday.
● 3Beep revealed they are working with Level-5 to create the English language versions of the television series and video game for Snack World (the game will likely be the Switch The Snack World: Trejarers Gold, although the game did originally release on the Japanese 3DS back in 2017).
● The latest characters added to Mortal Kombat 11 are Liu Kang, Kung Lao, and Jax Briggs. Check out the Old Skool vs. New Skool trailer here.
● After last week’s Google Stadia announcement, Apple yesterday announced their Apple Arcade subscription service coming this Fall featuring over 100 games in a Netflix-type monthly subscription. No prices were announced. Check out more information here.
● Check out an excellent range of Dragalia Lost plushies, that Cygames are publishing this June, at this post.
● The Japanese launch trailer for FINAL FANTASY VII here.
● A how to play trailer for Starlink: Battle for Atlas here.
● A gameplay teaser trailer for Streets of Rage 4 here.
● And the Sniper Elite V2 Remastered reveal trailer here.
● Thanks to everybody who has checked out my new Toad fansite Toad Town that launched yesterday! Please also note that my Twitter handle has changed yet again!