Thursday Update：Splatoon 2 Passes 3 Million At Retail And Kirby Voted Most Popular Character！
Support us by shopping at japanesenintendo.com/shop
(use the code JPNINTENDO for $3 USD off)!
● Small news update today due to Shunbun no Hi (Vernal Equinox Day) in Japan. Splatoon 2 became the first Nintendo Switch game to pass the three million mark at retail in Japan according to Famitsu data (full charts here btw). Super Smash Bros. Ultimate should be the second game to surpass the three million mark in a couple of weeks time.
● Kirby once again was voted the favourite videogame character of the readers of Japanese magazine Nintendo Dream. Check out the top 20 here and look out for the most wanted videogames from the magazine’s readership to be published this weekend!
● Kakehashi Games announced they are localising Devolver Digital and askiisoft’s stylish neo-noir action-platformer Katana ZERO for the Japanese Switch eShop with more news coming next week. Check out the announcement trailer here.
● In two content updates: Brawlout 2.0 is here and adds the Dead Cells fighter, Prisoner’s Quarters stage, a new Trials mode, and more. The Wizard of Legend Sky Palace update is also live in Japan, adding more than 20 new magic items and enemies.
● The platform game TurtlePop: Jiyuu no Tabi (TurtlePop: Journey to Freedom) has been permanently reduced on the Japanese Switch eShop from ¥2,366 to just ¥999. Huge sales post will be coming later today so look out for it!
● Fire Emblem Heroes saw the return of Special Heroes Revival: Hares at the Fair featuring Catria: Spring Whitewing, Alfonse: Spring Prince, Sharena: Spring Princess, and Kagero: Spring Ninja.
● Konami announced they will be localising Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist: Link Evolution for the West this summer. English trailer here. The Japanese release (which won’t include English text) launches on 25 April.
● And in new videos: a Japanese trailer for Moonlighter: Tenshu to Yuusha no Bouken here, the 24th episode of Dragalia Lost Radio Castle here, and a Team Sonic Racing Toriena and Jun Senoue interview here. Thanks everybody for following!