Wednesday Update：Legend Of Zelda, Cuphead, Castlevania, Contra, Plus Much More News！
Support us by shopping at japanesenintendo.com/shop
(use the code JPNINTENDO for $3 USD off)!
● The final announcement of an eventful Nindies Showcase saw Cadence of Hyrule – Crypt of the NecroDancer Featuring The Legend of Zelda announced for Spring release on the Switch eShop and includes a playable Link and Zelda. Spike Chunsoft announced that they’ll be publishing the game in Japan. Check out the reveal trailer here.
● The Showcase kicked off with Cuphead announced as coming to Nintendo Switch on 18 April with preloads live worldwide priced at ¥1,980／$19.99. A physical version will come to Switch at a later date (although not necessarily in Japan). Check out the announcement trailer here.
● Konami announced Anniversary Collection Arcade Classics for 18 April release on the Nintendo Switch eShop (no physical) priced at ¥3,240／$19.99, and including HAUNTED CASTLE, TYPHOON (A-JAX), NEMESIS (Gradius), VULCAN VENTURE (Gradius II), LIFE FORCE (Salamander), THUNDER CROSS, Scramble, and TwinBee.
● Konami also announced Castlevania Anniversary Collection (Akumajou Dracula in Japan) which includes Castlevania (NES), Castlevania III: Dracula’s Curse (NES), Castlevania II: Belmont’s Revenge (Game Boy), Super Castlevania IV (SNES), and four more, and Contra Anniversary Collection which includes Contra (Arcade), Super Contra (Arcade), Super C (NES), Contra III: The Alien Wars (SNES), and four more. Both collections are listed as early Summer.
● A Spring Snackfest event was announced for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate for this weekend where after a battle, you’ll get a Snack with the Spirit Points you earn will be tripled.
● Idea Factory have another series of visual novel announcements with Piofiore no Banshou -ricordo- coming to Nintendo Switch in 2019 (videos here), CLOCK ZERO ～Shuuen no Ichibyou～ Devote dated for 27 June (video here), Hakuoki Shinkai Tsukikage no Shou given a 2019 window, and Hakuoki Shinkai Ginsei no Shou, 2020.
● The Dragon Quest Builders 2: Hakaishin Shidoo to Karappo no Shima Aquarium Pack DLC will launch on 28 March priced at ¥1,296. A free update will also arrive on the same date. Today’s livestream is here.
● Mojang updated Minecraft on Xbox One, Windows 10 Edition, iOS, Android, and Nintendo Switch, adding lanterns, shields, crossbows, and Jellie the cat!
● Epic Games updated Fortnite to v8.11, adding the Flint-Knock Pistol weapon, One Shot Limited Time Mode (with 50 health, Snipers, and Bandages), and the Black Glass Island for the Creative mode.
● Koei Tecmo Games updated Atelier Lulua: The Scion of Arland to Version 1.0.1 which just fixes bugs.
● Arc System Works confirmed that KILL la KILL the GAME IF will release in Japan on 25 July with the West to follow a day later. Mako Mankanshoku and Ultimate Double Naked DTR were also both announced as are DLC this Summer. Check out a new introduction video here.
● Bandai Namco Entertainment confirmed that the Super Dragon Ball Heroes World Mission demo will release on the Japanese Switch eShop on 28 March. Check out an awesome new illustration here/
● Nintendo posted a webpage covering Strategy Games for Nintendo Switch.
● And see some screenshots of Kid Goku (GT) in Dragon Ball FighterZ here.
● In a surprise at the Nindies Showcase, Inti Creates announced Blaster Master Zero 2 for the Switch eShop which released worldwide after the presentation ended, priced at ¥980／$9.99／€9.99／£8.99. Official trailer posted here.
● TMS Entertainment announced that the Case Closed skateboarding game Meitantei Conan: Skateboard Run Kaitou Kid to Shinpi no Hihou will release on the Japanese Switch eShop on 11 April priced at ¥3,500, and is currently available to preload. Promo video posted here.
● Rising Star Games announced that they are publishing Game Freak’s GIGA WRECKER ALT. on the Japanese Switch eShop on 02 May priced at ¥1,980. Announcement trailer posted here.
● Konami opened up the official website for Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters Legacy of the Duelist：Link Evolution which includes the game’s first screenshots.
● Hamster’s only release this week is the SNK baseball game ACA NEOGEO BASEBALL STARS 2 priced at ¥823／$7.99／€6.99／£6.29.
● The only demo released in Japan today is for the racing simulation game Kaimaku! ! Paddock GP (Grand Prix Story). The full game is also available priced at ¥1,200. Introduction video posted here.
● Abstraction Games announced they will be publishing the co-op puzzle game Pitfall Planet on the Japanese Switch eShop on 04 April priced at ¥1,550 with preloads now live at 20% off (¥1,240). Release date trailer posted here.
● Indienova also announced the vertical shoot ‘em up AngerForce: Reloaded for Nintendo Switch for the Japanese Switch eShop on 04 April priced at ¥1,000 with preloads now live at 15% off (¥850). Japanese trailer posted here.
● Xaloc Studios published the football game Super Kickers League on the Japanese Switch eShop today priced at ¥1,999. Reveal trailer posted here. Check out all this week’s Japanese Switch eShop releases at this post.
● Other games available to preload today include Zombies Mansion from Double Drive priced at ¥480 (regular price is ¥580) and Moonlighter: Tenshu to Yuusha no Bouken from Teyon Japan priced at ¥2,000.
● Rainy Frog will now publish Xenon Valkyrie+ (on the Japanese Switch eShop on 04 April priced at ¥999. Japanese trailer posted here.
● Silver Star Japan announced that they update Real Time Battle Shogi in the future and add online battles.
● Sega Games have updated Puyo Puyo eSports to Version 1.0.3 adding the new Challenge Mode.
● Mighty Craft released a Version 1.0.1 patch for Super Real Mahjong PV although the game still hasn’t returned to the eShop (see this post for the story).
● And FDG Entertainment have announced that they have sold over 200,00- games on the Nintendo Switch eShop (including Oceanhorn, Monster Boy, and Blossom Tales).
● Silver Star Japan have removed the demo for Touch Battle Tank 3D-4 Double Commander from the Japanese 3DS eShop although the full game is still available priced at ¥500. No reason was given for the removal.
● Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp will see Gyroidite Scavenger Hunt #9 begin on Friday with balloon gyroidite and balloon-themed rewards. Check out the teaser image here.
● Dragalia Lost saw Summon Showcase, Water’s Blessing begin (details of the featured adventurers Xander and Lily, and featured dragon Poseidon here).
New Void enemies Blazing Ghost, Frost Hermit, and Obsidian Golem were also added to Void Battles (full details here).
● Fire Emblem Heroes saw the return of Bound Hero Battle Revival: Ishtar & Reinhardt.
● The Division 2 was the best-selling game in Japan last week opening with 63,817 units sold. DESTINY CONNECT sold less than 2,760 copies and failed to chart. The best-selling console was again Nintendo Switch, although it dropped from last week to a still impressive 56,954. Check out the full Nintendo-only charts here.
● See this week’s new Nintendo-only Famitsu Most Wanted here with Animal Crossing back at number one and a huge increase for Pokémon Sword／Shield!
● Nintendo Co., Ltd. shares dropped by -3.21% today to close trading at at ¥30,480.00. The drop is likely due to the knee-jerk reaction from Google’s Stadia announcement.
● The following games were announced at the Nindies Showcase Spring 2019 presentation with the release date in brackets (video here):-
Cuphead (18 April)
My Friend Pedro (June)
Neo Cab (Summer)
The Red Lantern (2019)
Katana ZERO (18 April)
Creature in the Well (Summer)
Super Crate Box (April)
Nuclear Throne (Today)
Vlambeer Arcade with ULTRABUGS (2019)
Swim Sanity (Summer)
Blaster Master Zero 2 (Today)
Stranger Things 3: The Game (04 July)
Cadence of Hyrule – Crypt of the NecroDancer Featuring The Legend of Zelda (Spring)
● Arc System Works will publish World End Syndrome in North America on 02 May as an eShop only title. PQube Games will publish in Europe on 14 June, including a physical release.
● Arc System Works will also publish Alternate Jake Hunter: Daedalus The Awakening of Golden Jazz digitally in North America on 16 May priced at $39.99.
● Kotal Kahn is the latest character to be confirmed for Mortal Kombat 11 in the reveal trailer here.
● Watch four Japanese Nintendo Switch Spring 2019 TV commercials featuring Pokémon, Labo, Mario Kart, Famista, Mario, Zelda, Fire Emblem, and more here.
● Five promo videos for the Japanese release of the Meitantei Pikachu movie here.
● Two more introduction trailers for V-Rally 4 here.
● The Japanese Team Sonic Racing Overdrive Part 1 video here.
● Thanks to Naruki for more news tips again today!