Weekly Update：The Week’s Top Japanese Nintendo Switch, 3DS, And Mobile News Stories！
Support us by shopping at japanesenintendo.com/shop
(use the code JPNINTENDO for $3 USD off)!
● Level-5 announced that Yokai Watch 4: Bokura ha Onaji Sora wo Miageteiru will release on 06 June 2019 in Japan priced at ¥6,458, with only one version planned. Check out the third promo video here.
● Splatoon 2 updated to Version 4.5.0 and then Version 4.5.1 (neither offered new content). The Splatoon 2 Tokubetsu Taikenhan (Splatoon 2 Special Demo) is also now available on the Japanese Switch eShop and is playable from 26 March at 09:00 JST to 01 April at 08:59 JST where save data can be transferred over to the full version. All players receive a free seven day Nintendo Switch Online subscription.
● Koei Tecmo Games announced Shingeki no Kyojin ２ -Final Battle- (Attack on Titan 2: Final Battle) for Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Steam, releasing on 04 July (Japan) and 05 July (North America and Europe). Announcement trailer posted here.
● Fangamer Japan announced that they will also release the Hollow Knight Collector’s Edition (as well as the regular packaged version) in Japan at somepoint in 2019, although the final date and price was not confirmed.
● This month’s Family Computer Nintendo Switch Online update added regular versions of Yie Ar Kung-Fu, Kid Icarus, Fire Emblem, and SP versions of Kirby’s Adventure and Zelda II. Check out the full details with screens at this post.
● The pictured above Susume！Kinopio-kun Taichou Tokubetsu-hen (Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker – Special Episode) DLC is now available for the Nintendo Switch version of the game priced at ¥864, alongside a Version 1.2.0 update. Check out Special Episode screenshots here.
● Prototype announced that the visual novel game CLANNAD will release in Japan on 04 July priced at ¥5,616. The Japanese release will support English. Box art posted here.
● Area 35 announced TINY METAL: FULL METAL RUMBLE as a Nintendo Switch exclusive (at least initially), releasing on the eShop in Spring 2019. Release trailer posted here.
● Konami announced Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters Legacy of the Duelist：Link Evolution for 25 April release priced at ¥3,240 and will be eShop only.
● Orange Cube announced that they are porting their smartphone roguelike RPG Majo no Meikyuu (Labyrinth of the Witch) to the Switch eShop. Smartphone version trailer posted here.
● Flyhigh Works announced the 8-bit style action game Majo to Yuusha (Witch & Hero) for the worldwide eShop release next week (21 March) priced at ¥500 with preloads live at 20% off (¥400). Japanese trailer posted here.
● Kairosoft announced -and released- the auto-racing management simulation game Kaimaku! ! Paddock GP (Grand Prix Story) for worldwide release on the Switch eShop. Trailer posted here.
● Happinet announced the 2D sandbox game Garakuta no Hoshi (Junk Planet) for worldwide release on the Switch eShop on 21 March priced at ¥1,500. Japanese trailer posted here.
● Dwango released a Mitchie M feat. Hatsune Miku「FREELY TOMORROW」theme on the Japanese 3DS Theme Shop priced at ¥200. Picture and trailer posted here.
● Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp saw Fishing Tourney #12: Super Mario with catchable Cheep Cheep, Bloopers, and more. Prizes include an 8-bit fortress and Yoshi’s egg. Check out this post for more. Chevre, Mira, Tank, Bree, and Patty all joined the game today.
● A Spring Equinox event will take place in Pokémon GO between 19 and 26 March featuring more frequent Grass-type Pokémon—like Oddish, Exeggcute, Sunkern, and Shroomish, and Lunatone and Solrock switching hemispheres.
● Devil May Cry 5 was the best-selling game in Japan last week opening with 116,202. Keito no Kirby Plus (Kirby’s Epic Extra Yarn) opened with just 10,607. Nintendo Switch increased to 69,766, even with no new releases. Check out the full Nintendo-only charts at this post.
● Media Create officially confirmed that they will stop providing comprehensive weekly sales data for non-members from April 2019 and will instead provide just the top 10 software ranking but without a sales number. Famitsu and Dengeki haven’t commented on whether they will follow suit.
● Nicalis announced they will be publishing physical and digital versions of Umihara Kawase Fresh! in the West on 09 July. English trailer posted here.
● NIS America confirmed that The Alliance Alive HD Remastered will release in the West this Fall and also announced Destiny Connect -Tick-Tock Travelers- for localisation. Trailers for both here and here.
● Nintendo, Game Freak, and Creatures applied for trademarks for the three Pokémon Sword／Shield starters Grookey, Scorbunny, and Sobble in Japanese, Chinese, and English. Check out the actual applications (24 pages) at this post.
● Sega Games have confirmed that development has begun on the next major Sonic the Hedgehog title. No further details are known at present.
● Watch NyaNyaNya! Neko Mario Time Episode #135 featuring Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, Kirby’s Epic Extra Yarn, and Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker here.
● A web commercial for the second Doubutsu no Mori (Animal Crossing) lottery here.
● A Japanese TV commercial for Yoshi’s Crafted World here.
● And a Japanese TV commercial for TETRIS 99 here.