Wednesday Update：Attack on Titan 2: Final Battle, Junk Planet, And More Games Announced！
Support us by shopping at japanesenintendo.com/shop
(use the code JPNINTENDO for $3 USD off)!
● Apologies for the late update – my MacBook Air died with the Media Create Charts, and I was then travelling for several hours! Koei Tecmo Games announced Attack on Titan 2: Final Battle for Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Steam releasing on 04 July (Japan) and 05 July (North America and Europe). Check out the announcement trailer and more information here.
● A Green Is the New Black spirit event was announced for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate where green coloured spirits will invade the Spirit Board this weekend. The full list of available spirits including Mother Brain, Celebi, and Link has been added to this post.
● Fangamer Japan announced that they will also release the Hollow Knight Collector’s Edition (as well as the regular packaged version) in Japan in 2019, although final date and price was not confirmed.
● This month’s Family Computer Nintendo Switch Online update added regular versions of Yie Ar Kung-Fu, Kid Icarus, Fire Emblem, Kirby’s Adventure SP, and Zelda II SP. Check out the full details with screens at this post.
● The Susume！Kinopio-kun Taichou Tokubetsu-hen (Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker – Special Episode) DLC is now available for the Nintendo Switch version of the game priced at ¥864. Check out some screenshots here.
● Splatoon 2 Ver.4.5.1 will arrive on 15 March at 10:00 JST (14th PT) with 1 hour 40 minutes of maintenance. The update will fix the bigs posted about yesterday!
● AQUASTYLE have updated the official website for Fushigi no Gensokyo -Lotus Labyrinth- with more pictures of the contents of the limited edition, plus more.
● Happinet announced the 2D sandbox game Garakuta no Hoshi (Junk Planet) for worldwide release on the Switch eShop on 21 March priced at ¥1,500. Japanese trailer posted here.
● Vermillion Digital will also be bringing the mecha action game M.A.S.S. Builder to Nintendo Switch in Japan if it’s successful in its Kickstarter.
● PLAYISM announced they will be publishing the adventure game Night in the Woods on the Japanese Switch eShop on 28 March priced at ¥1,980 with preloads now live. Japanese trailer posted here.
● Arc System Works announced the survival action RPG Inferno Climber: Reborn for release on the Japanese Switch eShop on 28 March priced at ¥1,500 with preloads now live. Screenshots posted here.
● Hamster’s only new release this week is the 1983 Taito action game Arcade Archives Elevator Action priced at ¥823／$7.99／€6.99／£6.29.
● Double Drive announced they will be publishing the elevator rescue game Zombies Mansion on the Nintendo Switch eShop on 28 March priced at ¥580 or $5.99 for the English version (Undead’s Building in the West). Preloads will be live from 21 March. Japanese and English trailers posted here.
● Regista announced they will publish the side-scrolling ARPG The Demon Crystal２: Knither on the Japanese Switch eShop on 28 March priced at ¥1,296 with preloads now live. Check out the promo video here.
● Rainy Frog announced the the cute 2D platformer Phantom Cat Super Nya Edition (Super Phantom Cat 2) for release on the Japanese Nintendo Switch eShop next week (21 March) priced at ¥500 with preloads now live. Japanese trailer posted here.
● Flyhigh Works announced the 8-bit style action game Majo to Yuusha (Witch & Hero) for the Japanese Switch eShop next week next week (21 March) priced at ¥500 with preloads live at 20% off (¥400). A western release date will be announced within a few hours. Japanese trailer posted here.
● Chrous Worldwide announced they will be publishing the battle action game Bombslinger on the Japanese Switch eShop on 28 March priced at ¥1,500 with preloads now live at 10% off (¥1,350). Japanese trailer posted here.
● Starsign announced they are publishing the Metroidvania Abyss on the Japanese Switch eShop next week (21 March) priced at ¥300. Japanese trailer posted here.
● CELLNAVI announced the Hearts card game Minna de Hearts for release on the Japanese Switch eShop next week (21 March) priced at ¥500.
● The only demo releasing on the Japanese Switch eShop this week is FDG Entertainment’s classic platformer Monster Boy Norowareta Oukoku (Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom).
● Check out this week’s full list of Japanese Nintendo eShop releases (18 titles plus the three Nintendo Switch Online games) at this post.
● And check out this week’s latest preloads on the Japanese Switch eShop including Memories Off -Innocent Fille- for Dearest plus all the file-sizes.
● Dwango published a Mitchie M feat. Hatsune Miku「FREELY TOMORROW」theme on the Japanese 3DS Theme Shop priced at ¥200. Picture and trailer posted here.
● Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp saw Broccolo’s Band Cookie available in the fortune cookie shop plus a new memory starring Broccolo and Maple. Check out the full list of items with pictures at this post.
● Fire Emblem Heroes saw Summoning Focus: New Power with Klein: Silver Nobleman, Sophia: Nabata Prophet, Delthea: Free Spirit, and Sonya: Vengeful Mage.
● Pokémon GO will see Defense Forme Deoxys enter EX Raids from 25 March.
● Devil May Cry 5 was the best-selling game in Japan last week opening with 116,202. Keito no Kirby Plus (Kirby’s Epic Extra Yarn) opened with just 10,607. Nintendo Switch increased to 69,766, even with no new releases. Check out the full Nintendo-only charts at this post.
● Weekly Famitsu Issue No.1580 review scores included Lulua no Atelier ～Arland no Renkinjutsushi４ (Atelier Lulua: The Scion of Arland) with 32.40, Chocobo no Fushigi na Dungeon EVERY BUDDY！ (Chocobo’s Mystery Dungeon: Every Buddy!) with 31/40, and Super Robot Taisen T (Super Robot Wars T) with 32/40.
● Nicalis announced they will be publishing digital and physical versions of Umihara Kawase Fresh! in the West on 09 July. Check out the English trailer here.
● An interview from The Guardian with Shinya Takashi and Hisashi Nogami here.
● RS34 have changed the name of the upcoming vertical shooter Radirgy S to Radirgy Swag. No platform(s) have been confirmed but the game is scheduled for digital only release this Spring.
● Watch NyaNyaNya! Neko Mario Time Episode #135 featuring Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, Kirby’s Epic Extra Yarn, and Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker here.
● A web commercial for the second Doubutsu no Mori (Animal Crossing) lottery here.
● A second TV commercial for Super Robot Taisen T (Super Robot Wars T) here.
● The second promo video for DEAD OR ALIVE Xtreme 3 Scarlet here.
● The opening movie for Hanayaka Nari, Waga Ichizoku Modern Nostalgie for Nintendo Switch here.
● A FINAL FANTASY ‘Something for Everyone’ trailer here.
● Thanks to Naruki for more news tips again today!