Weekly Update：The Week’s Top Japanese Nintendo Switch, 3DS, And Mobile News Stories！
Support us by shopping at japanesenintendo.com/shop
(use the code JPNINTENDO for $3 USD off)!
● Nintendo announced Nintendo Labo Toy-Con 04: VR Kit for worldwide release on 12 April. The kit will come in two packs: one is ¥8,618 ($79.99) and includes VR Goggles, Wind Pedal, Camera, Elephant, Bird, and Blaster, whilst the other is priced at just ¥4,298 ($39.99) and includes both the VR Goggles and the Blaster. Check out pictures of the VR Goggles, other Toy-Con, and the packaging at this post.
● FuRyu announced the The Alliance Alive HD Remaster for release on Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and PC in Fall 2019. The game originally released on 3DS back in 2017 and is expected to release worldiwde (NIS America are the publishers for the PC version).
● Square-Enix revealed that OCTOPATH TRAVELER for Nintendo Switch has surpassed 1.5 million units worldwide as of January, announced a prequel (OCTOPATH TRAVELER Tairiku no Hasha) for iOS and Android release in 2019 (trailer here), and revealed they are working on a new console game.
● Splatoon 2 will be updated to Version 4.5.0 in a few hours time (just balance adjustments and bug fixes). A Knights vs Wizards global Splatfest was also announced for 15-17 March (depending upon region).
● PLAYISM announced that VA-11 Hall-A will release on 30 May on both Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4, with a physical version planned, priced at ¥3,758 and including an Original Soundtrack CD.
● Nintendo Switch Online will add Kid Icarus (Hikari Shinwa: Palutena no Kagami) next week along with Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light (Japan only), Yie Ar KUNG-FU (Japan only), and StarTropics (West only).
● FDG Entertainment finally released Blossom Tales: The Sleeping King on the Japanese Switch eShop priced at ¥1,480. The company will also launch a Monster Boy demo this upcoming week.
● Mighty Craft announced that Super Real Mahjong PⅤ will release on the Japanese Switch eShop next week (14 March) priced at ¥1,980 with Super Real Mahjong PVI and PVII also confirmed after.
● Silver Star Japan announced the shogi game Real Time Battle Shogi for the Japanese Switch eShop for next week too priced at ¥800 with preloads now live. Promo video posted here.
● The only demo releasing in Japan last week was Imagineer’s Nintendogs clone LITTLE FRIENDS -DOGS & CATS-. A localisation of the game was recently announced for the West.
● Ubisoft Japan announced Just Dance 2019 for Japan as an eShop only title but quickly changed the release date from 20 March to TBD. Japanese promo videos posted here.
● Gianty announced the 2D action RPG GOKEN for release on the Japanese Switch eShop on 28 March priced at ¥980. Steam version trailer posted here.
● Nintendo released Keito no Kirby Plus (Kirby’s Epic Extra Yarn) for Nintendo 3DS which is their final scheduled game to release on the system.
● SystemSoft Alpha announced that Daisenryaku Daitoua Koboshi DX ~Dainiji Sekai Taisen~ will finally release on 23 May and is the final scheduled retail release on the Japanese 3DS. Opening movie posted here.
● Dwango released three new DECO*27 feat. Hatsune Miku themes on the Japanese 3DS Theme Shop with the tracks Hibana, Reversible Campaign, and Streaming Heart priced at ¥200 each. Picture and trailers at this post.
● Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp saw the Super Mario Crossover event with a free Mario’s hat, limited-time Super Mario Wall & Floor Collection, and a free Mario outfit and Fishing Tourney #12: Super Mario next week.
● Dragalia Lost will see a new facility event, The Accursed Archives, will begin next week. Three new Void enemies will also be added on 19 March with two (Obsidian Golem and Blazing Ghost) detailed at this post.
● Fire Emblem Heroes saw New Heroes: Beyond Darkness begin featuring Lugh: Anima Child, Sue: Doe of the Plains, Thea: Stormy Flier, and Idunn: Dark Priestess. Introductory videos posted here and official artwork here.
● Super Mario Run saw the Mario event return where the items you can get from Remix 10′s Super Bonus Game will all be related to Mario this weekend.
● Dead or Alive 6 was the best-selling title in Japan last week with 26,442 units sold in its opening week, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate was the best-selling Switch game with 25,617, Zoids Wild: King of Blast was the highest new Switch entry with 10,030, and Nintendo Switch hardware rose to an impressive 68,666.
● Nintendo Co., Ltd., Creatures Co., Ltd. and Game Freak Inc. applied for a アーマードミュウツー (Armored Mewtwo) trademark in Japan. There’s all manner of purposes. Check them all out (obviously in Japanese) at this post.
● Nintendo also appplied for a trademark for the PlatinumGames developed ASTRAL CHAIN as well as for their own LINK’S AWAKENING, plus another NINTENDO trademark for marketing purposes.
● Check out the Yoshi’s Crafted World game and amiibo introduction videos here.
● And a six minute promo video for The Legend of Zelda Concert 2018 here.