Wednesday Update：Alliance Alive And Fire Emblem Both Announced, Plus Much More News！
Support us by shopping at japanesenintendo.com/shop
(use the code JPNINTENDO for $3 USD off)!
● FuRyu announced the pictured The Alliance Alive HD Remaster for release on Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and PC in Fall 2019. The PC version will be published by NIS America so a worldwide release is to be expected on Switch. The game originally released on 3DS back in 2017.
● The latest batch of new games for the Nintendo Switch Online service sees further disparity between both the Japanese Family Computer and English NES versions with Japan getting two titles that the West aren’t getting, and for the first-time, the West getting one title that Japan aren’t getting! The only game that both versions are both getting is Kid Icarus (called Hikari Shinwa: Palutena no Kagami in Japan). Japan will also receive the first Fire Emblem game Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light (known as Fire Emblem: Ankoku Ryuu to Hikari no Tsurugi in Japan), and the Konami fighting game Yie Ar KUNG-FU. Whilst short-changed, western subscribers are not necessarily a dollar short, as they will receive the classic StarTropics game (which never released in Japan, despite being developed in the country).
● Super Smash Bros. Ultimate will see another spirit event this weekend with ‘Taking the Lead’ which will see spirits from various racing games heading to the Spirit Board. The full list of spirits will be at this post.
● The first TETRIS 99 event was announced. Called Maximus Cup (Teto 1 Cup in Japan and Grand Prix in Europe), it lasts from 08 – 11 March and will see the top 999 players receive 999 My Nintendo Gold Points!
● The e-Capcom images for the regular and limited editions of Biohazard Origins Collection are on this page
● The Legend of Zelda Wireless HoriPad for Nintendo Switch releases in Japan on 30 April priced at ¥6,458.
● Mighty Craft finally announced a release date for the Switch version of the adult mahjong game Super Real Mahjong PⅤ for next week (14 March) priced at ¥1,980. The game was originally intended for January. Super Real Mahjong PVI and PVII are also confirmed for Switch, although no release dates.
● Silver Star Japan announced the shogi game Real Time Battle Shogi for the Japanese Switch eShop for next week (14 March) priced at ¥800 with preloads now live. Promo video posted here.
● The only demo releasing in Japan today is Imagineer’s Nintendogs clone LITTLE FRIENDS -DOGS & CATS-. The Japanese version doesn’t support English, although a localisation was recently announced.
● Flamebait published the simulation game Passpartout：Artist no Kaita Yume (Passpartout: The Starving Artist) on the Japanese Switch eShop today priced at ¥1,099. Trailer posted here.
● MLBAM also today published the baseball game R.B.I. Baseball 19 on the Japanese Switch eShop priced at ¥3,500.
● Kemco announced the JRPG Sora no Folklore (Bonds of the Skies) for release on the Japanese Switch eShopnext week (14 March) priced at ¥1,296 with preloads now live. English is supported so a global launch is to be expected. PlayStation 4 version trailer posted here.
Rainy Frog announced the party puzzle game Machigai Sagashi Party for the Japanese Switch eShop next week (14 March) priced at ¥500 with preloads now live at 10% off (¥450). Introduction video posted here.
● Merge Games announced they will publish the riot simulation game RIOT – Civil Unrest on the Japanese Switch eShop next week (14 March) priced at ¥1,980. Console trailer posted here.
● Starsign will localise the retro arcade game 99 Moves on the Japanese Switch eShop next week (14 March) priced at ¥300. Japanese promo video posted here.
● SVC Games will also publish the shoot ‘em up Debris Infinity on the Japanese Switch eShop on 4 March priced at ¥590.
● Coffee Stain’s goat simulation game Goat Simulator: The GOATY will finally release on the Japanese Switch eShop next week (14 March) -two weeks later than originally intended- priced at ¥2,999.
● And this week’s new preloads for games also available as packaged software are STEINS;GATE Divergencies Assort (priced at ¥8,424), DIABOLIK LOVERS CHAOS LINEAGE (priced at ¥6,804), and Reine des Fleurs for Nintendo Switch (priced at ¥6,804). None of the three titles support English.
● With Keito no Kirby Plus now available in Japan (on the eShop at least), SystemSoft Alpha announced a new release date for the final scheduled retail game for the eight year old system in Japan with Daisenryaku Daitoua Koboshi DX ~Dainiji Sekai Taisen~ finally launching on 23 May after numerous delays. Check out the box art here.
● Dwango released three new DECO*27 feat. Hatsune Miku themes on the Japanese 3DS Theme Shop with the tracks Hibana, Reversible Campaign, and Streaming Heart priced at ¥200 each. See the picture of Hibana and trailers for all three at this post.
● Media5 are holding a huge half-price sale on the Japanese 3DS eShop with 35 of their edutainment titles 50% off.
● Fire Emblem Heroes will see New Heroes: Beyond Darkness later this week featuring Lugh: Anima Child, Sue: Doe of the Plains, Thea: Stormy Flier, and Idunn: Dark Priestess. Introductory videos posted here. Forging Bonds: Reason to Fight will also begin this Friday (Thursday evening PT) and Grand Hero Battle – Rutger: Lone Swordsman begins Sunday.
● A Battle Showdown event has begun in Pokémon GO and sees more Fighting-type Pokémon such as Mankey, Machop, Makuhita, and Meditite appearing in the wild, along with Shiny Mankey and Shiny Machop! The Legendary Pokémon Rayquaza will also be available in Raid Battles from 15-18 March.
● Dead or Alive 6 was the best-selling title in Japan last week opening with 26,442 units sold, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate was the best-selling Switch game with 25,617, Zoids Wild: King of Blast was the highest new Switch entry with 10,030, and Nintendo Switch hardware rose to an impressive 68,666.
● Weekly Famitsu Issue No.1579 review scores include DESTINY CONNECT with 29/40, BLADE ARCUS Rebellion from Shining with 28/40, Ape Out with 32/40, Pilot Sports with 26/40, and Rotating Brave with 27/40.
● Nintendo Co., Ltd. shares increased by +2.41% today to close trading at ¥31,080.00.
● A six minute promo video for The Legend of Zelda Concert 2018 here.
● Character introduction videos for Momiji and Nyotengu in DEAD OR ALIVE Xtreme 3 Scarlet here.
● The King of Fighters × PSO2 collaboration trailer here.
● A Zaibatsu Towns V (Venture Towns) trailer here.
● Thanks to Naruki for more news tips again today!