Monday Update：Mecha Gear Coming To Splatoon 2, Mechanica, Alex Kidd, Sofia, Plus More News！
Support us by shopping at japanesenintendo.com/shop
(use the code JPNINTENDO for $3 USD off)!
● The winner of the CoroCoro Comic competition to design gear for Splatoon 2 has been decided with the awesome looking Mecha Gear which will be distributed via code in the pages of the May 2019 issue of CoroCoro Comic (out 15 April). Check out the winning design and the two runner-ups (amongst 12,000 entrants!) at this post.
● The final first round match in the ARMS Party Crash Bash tournament saw Mechanica defeat Master Mummy 51%-49%. Mechanica will go on to fight Dr. Coyle in the second round, with the other second round matches seeing Min Min vs Springtron, Max Brass vs Twintelle, Ninjara vs Ribbon Girl.
● Imran Khan of Game Informer was on the Kinda Funny Games podcast and said that “there’s a game that’s thought to be dead that Nintendo’s reviving, and it’s not one that people would expect. It was very much a title that was dead and buried, very officially cancelled”.
● Apologies for posting another rumour, but Nintendo Insider are reporting that PlatinumGames are resurrecting Scalebound as a Switch exclusive.
● Arc System Works announced Naoto Kurogane (BLAZBLUE CENTRALFICTION), Teddie (Persona 4 Arena), Seth (Under Night In-Birth), and Heart Aino (Arcana Heart 3) for BLAZBLUE CROSS TAG BATTLE this Spring. Announcement trailer posted here.
● Check out the teaser website for Rune Factory 4 Special the teaser website for Rune Factory 5, the teaser website for ASTRAL CHAIN, the teaser website for Doraemon Nobita no Bokujou Monogatari, and the teaser website for Jikkyuu Powerful Pro Yakyuu.
● A few more Super Smash Bros. Ultimate details from Masahiro Sakurai at this post including why no ARMS fighters, the inspiration for the Belmont’s’ design, Isabelle notes, and much more!
● Inti Creates updated Dragon Marked For Death to Ver.1.1.1 with adjustments and bug fixes. A Ver.1.3.0 update is coming on 07 March. Patch notes here.
● Sega Games announced that the classic Mark III platform game SEGA AGES Alex Kidd in Miracle World will release on the Japanese Switch eShop later this week (21 February) priced at ¥999.
● Mebius revealed that the upcoming Switch shoot ‘em up Rolling Gunner is being developed by the same staff that worked on the excellent 3DS version of Steel Empire.
● The Atelier Arland Trilogy has been added to the Japanese Switch eShop sales with 25% off Atelier Rorona: The Alchemist of Arland DX, Atelier Totori: The Adventurer of Arland DX , and Atelier Meruru: The Apprentice of Arland DX. Check out the full list of sales here.
● A Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom demo has been teased by FDG Entertainment (via GoNintendo).
● Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp saw Fishing Tourney #11: Pink Crystal begin with the pink crystal and gorgeous pink crystal (pictured here) as the post-gold trophy rewards.
● Fire Emblem Heroes will see New Heroes: Kitsune and Wolfskin arrive this week (20 February) featuring Keaton: Lupine Collector, Velouria: Wolf Cub, Kaden: Kitsune Braggart, and Selkie: Free Spirit. Introductory videos posted here. Today saw Grand Hero Battle Revival – Jamke: Prince of Verdane.
● A Famitsu report have software sales at ¥264.21 billion, up 108.2%, in 2018 over 2017. Hardware sales are ¥170.09 billion, but only 84.1% of 2017. Total revenue for 2018 is ¥434.3 billion compared to ¥446.45 billion for 2017. Monster Hunter: World was the top-selling software with 2,859,784 (physical + digital), Super Smash Bros. Ultimate was second (although is above now, and actually should be above if using actual Nintendo numbers) with 2,669,884. Nintendo Switch took up eight of the top 10 software positions, with its hardware numbers (3,482,388) more than doubling PlayStation 4 (1,695,227).
● Jump Force is the number one game this week in COMG! rankings with 133 pts, New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe is the best-selling Switch title with 30 pts. TSUTAYA rankings indicate similar placings, although GEO have Super Smash Bros. Ultimate as the top-selling Switch title.
● Nintendo Co., Ltd. shares increased by +1.45% today to close trading at ¥29,675.00.
● Nintendo UK preorder bonuses for Yoshi’s Crafted World include a Yoshi’s Egg 3D Keychain and Yoshi’s Egg Backpack. Check them out here.
● YMCAT announced they are working on Sofia 2 – a sequel to the 1988 MSX 2D platformer Sofia. A 2019 release is planned, although no platform has been confirmed yet,
● The Kirby Café is currently closed preparing for its second chapter which opens on 27 February until 02 June. Check this post for more details.
● And here is some smartphone wallpaper delivered by the Nintendo LINE mascot Kinopio-kun last week.
● All the footage from day one of the Smash Ball Cup for National Elementary School students from Osaka here.
● 10 days to release countdown trailer for Wizard’s Symphony here.
● A Sisilala TV episode featuring Super Mario Party here.
● A Denjin☆Gacha! episode featuring Nobunaga no Yabou: Taishi with Power-Up Kit here.
● And the latest three hour Arks Winter Challenge livestream for Phantasy Star Online 2 here.