Monday Update：Nippon Ichi Website, Ni No Kuni Movie, NEOGEO Trademarks, Plus More News！
Support us by shopping at japanesenintendo.com/shop
(use the code JPNINTENDO for $3 USD off)!
● Nippon Ichi Software’s teaser website, which opened at the weekend, is growing every day! Weekly Famitsu also teased a scoop for this week, so the two maybe related.
● Sprite／Fairys (who developed Ao no Kanata no Four Rhythm for Nintendo Switch) announced they will be disbanding in late March with zero hope for future development, sequels, or new work under the Sprite／Fairys name.
● Yasuo Omote of Future Tech Lab said that the Nintendo Switch version of Song of Memories has not been cancelled.
● Taito say they currently have no plans for a download version of Darius Cozmic Collection. Secure the physical release here.
● ICYMI: here are Shinya Takahashi’s quotes regarding unannounced Nintendo Switch titles releasing this calendar year.
● The Hornet DLC will be coming to Hollow Knight on Valentine’s Day with playable Hornet and three new foes, including Steel Assassin Sharpe.
● Marvelous have reduced the price of Shinobi Refle -SENRAN KAGURA- (SENRAN KAGURA Reflexions) by 19% (from ¥810 to ¥650), and the ‘Full Character Set’ by 20% (from ¥4,000 to ¥3,200) until 27 February.
● Ackk Studios tweeted an update on the YIIK: A Postmodern RPG Switch patch which will see improved overall frame-rate in dungeons, and will aim to shorten battle load times.
● A Touhou Sky Arena Gensokyo Tsuushin news channel has opened up on the Nintendo Switch News section.
● ICYMI: President Shuntaro Furukawa intends for the Nintendo Switch and Nintendo 3DS to continue to coexist. Read the full story here.
● Fire Emblem Heroes saw Tempest Trials+: Greil’s Request yesterday featuring the 5★ Hero Titania: Warm Knight and two Sacred Seals, Aerobatics 1 and Torrent Dance 1. Today saw Tap Battle: Illusory Dungeon – Carrying the Flame and Special Heroes Revival: Love Abounds.
● COMG! rankings have Biohazard RE: 2 as the top selling game last week, where-as TSUTAYA have Kingdom Hearts III. The highest-ranking Switch title is New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe which is third in both rankings with 35 COMG! pts. The only new Switch release, BLAZBLUE CENTRALFICTION Special Edition, failed to chart in TSUTAYA and only managed 4 pts in COMG!
● Waffles beat Pancakes 3-0 in the western Splatfest with 51.31% in Votes, 51.34% wins under Normal rules, and 51.41% wins under Pro rules.
● A GameStop Germany listing reignites the rumours of Spyro Reignited Trilogy coming to Nintendo Switch this August.
● Ubisoft too accidentally confirmed Assassin’s Creed III Remastered if logging on to the Ubisoft Club website (thanks to Vooks).
● This week’s UK charts sees Red Dead Redemption 2 back at number one. New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, and Super Smash Bros. Ultimate are 6, 7, and 9 respectively.
● Warner Japan announced a Ni No Kuni animated movie for Japan, which opens this Summer and will be directed by Yoshiyuki Momose.
● SNK Corporation have applied for two NEOGEO LAND trademarks in Japan.
● Good Smile Company／Max Factory announced they have a Splatoon Boy figma in production and it is ‘coming soon’.
● Footage from the Rabbit Monster and Space Cart mini-games in Doraemon: Nobita no Getsumen Tansaki (Doraemon: Nobita’s Chronicle of the Moon Exploration) here.
● The Serious Moonlight trailer (and all other trailers) from Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes here.
● The launch trailer for Alchemic Dungeons DX here.
● A Dead Cells Motion Twin developer interview here
● The launch trailer for Elli here.
● DANGEN Plays Episode 7 featuring Super Sportmachen here.
● Another Touhou Koubutou V gameplay trailer from CUBETYPE here.
● And the latest three hour Arks Winter Challenge livestream for Phantasy Star Online 2 here.
● Thanks to Naruki for the Song of Memories news!