Thursday Update: NSMBU Deluxe Releases, Switch Sells 7m, Splatfest Announced, Plus Much More!
Support us by shopping at japanesenintendo.com/shop
(use the code JPNINTENDO for $3 USD off)!
● Nintendo’s first big game of 2019 New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe is now available on the Japanese Switch eShop with retail to follow in a few hours. Check out our translated Weekly Famitsu review here. Nintendo also updated the game’s website opening the stage page. The other retail release now available on the eShop is Tales of Vesperia REMASTER (Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition).
● The real top story should be the amazing performance for both Dairantou Smash Bros. SPECIAL (Super Smash Bros. Ultimate) and Nintendo Switch last week in Japan selling 258,974 and 199,982 units respectively. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate will likely be at three million very soon with Nintendo Switch now above seven million domestic! Check out the full Nintendo software and hardware charts at this post.
● The next Japanese Splatfest for Splatoon 2 will take place on 03-04 February with Boke vs. Tsukkomi. This is a rematch from the Wii U era where Tsukkomi won. An official announcement will likely be made within the next few hours.
● Nintendo announced the latest round match-up of the ARMS Party Crash Bash tournament with the ‘Clash of the Cool Guys’ between Ninjara and Kid Cobra. The battle commences on 18 January with the winner to take on either Ribbon Girl or Misango in the second round!
● Kakehashi Games announced that they are handling the localisation of the roguelike platformer Caveblazers for the Japanese Switch eShop with release date and price coming next week. English trailer posted here.
● Wonderland Kazakiri announced that the number of user created dungeons in BQM – BlockQuest Maker has surpassed 3,000 in two weeks since the game launched for Nintendo Switch in Japan. The game launches today in North America and Europe.
● Rideon Japan have reduced the price of Mercenaries Saga Chronicles by 20% (from ¥1,500 to ¥1,200) on the Japanese Switch eShop for the game’s first anniversary. Bookmark our Sales page for the full list!
● Bandai Namco Entertainment have released two more DLC for Taiko no Tatsujin Nintendo Switch Version! with the ‘Pops Pack Vol.2’ featuring three new songs for ¥432 and the ‘Masters Challenge Pack Vol.2’ featuring five new songs for ¥540.
● Marvelous released the ‘Nyunyu Special DLC 4 piece set’ for PEACH BALL Senran Kagura priced at ¥1,500 and which includes original costumes, accessories, diorama motion and peach balls.
● Free DLC for early purchasers of Tales of Vesperia REMASTER (Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition) are both a ‘Travel item pack’ and ‘Character custom set’.
● Koei Tecmo Games announced that Nobunaga no Yabou: Taishi with Power-Up Kit will add a Tutorial Mode that is aimed at first-first-the players new to the series.
● And official artwork for the six newly announced characters (Leeza fon Beilschmidt, Refure fon Beilschmidt, Cole Dueller, Elche Jeremies, Wirth Klinsmann and Pamela Ibis) for Lulua no Atelier ～Arland no Renkinjutsushi４ (Atelier Lulua: The Scion of Arland) here.
● The Luigi Mansion website was updated with more of Professor Elvin Gadd’s research journal on goo.
● Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp saw a 22 MB in-app update to make way for tomorrow’s Gyroidite Scavenger Hunt #7 event. Today also added a The new snowy sky Sky terrain option for 300 x Leaf Tickets (pictured here) with the first anniversary (middle) Middle Ground terrain option is also available to purchase as well. Another teaser image for tomorrow’s Gyroidite Scavenger Hunt #7 here.
● Dragalia Lost saw the Imperial Onslaught Half-stamina Event for the next five days, an epilogue added to the raid event New Year’s Tidings: Fortune from Afar, Gala Dragalia where the initial appearance rate for 5★ adventurers, dragons, and wyrmprints will be increased to 6%, up from the standard 4%, and Light-attuned Adventurer Upgrade Event where you can upgrade your light-attuned adventurers who will be useful in the upcoming facility event, Dream Big Under the Big Top, which is planned for 15 January (14th PT).
● Fire Emblem Heroes saw a major Version 3.1.0 update requiring 86.1 MB and adding Beast-type Heroes, expanded Legendary Effects and Mythic Effects, updated Aether Raids, New Weapon Skills and Weapons to Refine and full-screen viewing on the 2018 iPad Pro. Check out the full patch notes at this post. Today also saw a new map in Tactics Drills: Skill Studies.
● Nintendo of America / Europe have announced that Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster will release for Nintendo Switch in North America and Europe on 16 April and Final Fantasy XII THE ZODIAC AGE will release on 30 April. Check out new artwork by character designer Akihiko Yoshida at this post.
● A Giga Wrecker Alt. game on Nintendo Switch is looking even more likely as Game Freak Inc. applied for both Giga Wrecker and Giga Wrecker Alt. trademarks in Japan for purposes including ‘software for video game’. Check out the images used in the applications at this post.
● Chizai Bouei Kabushiki Gaisha have applied for 任天堂は無関係 (the literal translation is ‘Nintendo is irrelevant’) and Unrelated to Nintendo (English words) trademarks in Japan. The trademarks are likely for MARI Mobility Development (formerly MariCAR) with both words now on the company’s Go-Karts. Images used in the applications at this post.
● Siliconera report that Bandai Namco Entertainment will reveal a new game at the Taipei Game Show on 27 January. No indication of platform.
● Nintendo Co., Ltd. shares dropped by -3.04% today to close trading at 29,795.00.
● And check out this week’s Famitsu Most Wanted here with Doubutsu no Mori (Animal Crossing) number one for the third consecutive week and Ushiro again topping the Newcomers chart.
● The first Let’s Play video of comedy duo Yoiko (Game Center CX’s Shinya Arino and Masaru Hamaguchi) playing New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe here.
● A promo video for Young Cricket & Master Mantis in Made in Wario Gorgeous (WarioWare Gold) here.
● The second promo video for BLADE ARCUS Rebellion from Shining which features Sōichirō Hoshi singing ‘Soul of Rebellion’ here.
● The official music video for the theme of Dragon Marked For Death here.
● The launch trailer for Tales of Vesperia REMASTER (Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition) here.
● The original soundtrack sound preview for Lulua no Atelier ～Arland no Renkinjutsushi４ (Atelier Lulua: The Scion of Arland) here.
● An interview video with Doug Cockle, the voice of Victor Vran Overkill Edition here.
● And another Team Sonic Racing OST video, this time of Ocean View with an instrumental remix of “Sonic -You Can Do Anything” by Richard Jacques and Jun Senoue here.