Nintendo To End Nintendo Creators Program
Nintendo will end the Nintendo Creators Program service at the end of December 2018 and close the website on 20 March 2019. A new set of guidelines has been posted for people who want to share their own original videos and images. Guidelines also posted below but FAQ added at this link.
- You may monetize your videos and channels using the monetization methods separately specified by Nintendo. Other forms of monetization of our intellectual property for commercial purposes are not permitted.
- We encourage you to create videos that include your creative input and commentary. Videos and images that contain mere copies of Nintendo Game Content without creative input or commentary are not permitted. You may, however, post gameplay videos and screenshots using Nintendo system features, such as the Capture Button on Nintendo Switch, without additional input or commentary.
- You are only permitted to use Nintendo Game Content that has been officially released, or from promotional materials officially released by Nintendo (such as product trailers or Nintendo Directs).
- If you want to use the intellectual property of a third party, you are responsible for obtaining any necessary third-party permissions.
- You are not permitted to imply or state that your videos are officially affiliated with or sponsored by Nintendo.
- We reserve the right to remove any content that we believe is unlawful, infringing, inappropriate, or not in line with these Guidelines.