Second Thursday Update With Animal Crossing Coming To Switch, Isabelle To Smash, And So Much More!
Support us by shopping at japanesenintendo.com/shop
(use the code JPNINTENDO for $3 USD off)!
● The second update today. Go here for the first update!
● An extremely eventful Nintendo Direct ending with a tease of an Animal Crossing game which resulted in Isabelle being announced for Smash, only for Tom Nook to then announce a new Animal Crossing game for Nintendo Switch in 2019! My full (brief) Direct recap is here along with the full presentation video.
● Before Animal Crossing is New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe which releases on 11 January 2019 and includes New Super Luigi U, and adds Nabbit and Toadette! Promo videos for this and other games on the front page (or second or third!).
● Nintendo also announced Luigi Mansion 3 as a Switch exclusive in 2019. The name is a working title (and Japan is Luigi and not Luigi’s!).
● Game Freak announced an all new JRPG called TOWN for Switch eShop release in 2019.
● So much Final Fantasy news! Final Fantasy XV Pocket Edition HD is now available on the eShop priced at ¥1,980 (regular price ¥2,980), Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered Edition is of-course coming in 2019, World of Final Fantasy Maxima was announced for 06 November priced at ¥5,800. Chocobo no Fushigi na Dungeon Everybuddy! (Chocobo’s Mystery Dungeon) was announced for the Winter.
● And in mainline Final Fantasy news: Square-Enix announced Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age for 2019 release as well as Final Fantasy VII, Final Fantasy IX, and Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster for next year too!
● The Dairantou Smash Bros. SPECIAL Set was announced for 16 November with Switch, Dock, Joy-Con, pre-installed game and three month Nintendo Switch Online subscription for ¥39,938. The Smash Pro Controller was also confirmed for Japan.
● Yoshi Craft World (Yoshi’s Crafted World to the West) is the official name for the new Yoshi game which has a Spring 2019 release window.
● A Family Computer Controller set of two Famicom controllers will be available to Nintendo Switch Online subscribers priced at ¥6,458 and you will only be able to play Famicom games on the Switch Online service with them.
● And the Famicom games announced for the Nintendo Switch Online service are Ice Climber, Ice Hockey, Excitebike, Gradius, Soccer, Super Mario Bros., Super Mario Bros. 3, Zelda no Densetsu, Downtown Nekketsu Monogatari, Double Dragon, Tecmo Bowl, Tennis, Dr. Mario, Donkey Kong, Balloon Fight, Puroresu, Baseball, Makaimura, Mario Bros. and Yoshi no Tamago. October sees Solomon no Kagi, Nekketsu Koukou Dodgeball Bu and Mario Open Golf. November sees TwinBee, Mighty Bomb Jack and Metroid. December sees Adventures of Lolo, Ninja Ryukenden and Wario no Mori.
● Ubisoft announced Assassin’s Creed Odyssey – CLOUD VERSION for the Switch eShop, releasing on 05 October 2018 priced at ¥9,072 to buy or ¥730 per daily play ticket.
● Capcom announced CAPCOM BELT ACTION COLLECTION for Switch, releasing next week (20 September) on the eShop for ¥3,300, and at retail on 06 December for ¥3,564. The collection includes Final Fight, The King of Dragons, Captain Commando, Knights of the Round, Tenchi o Kurau II: Sekiheki no Tatakai (Warriors of Fate), Powered Gear and Battle Circuit.
● Bandai Namco Entertainment announced the sugoroku board game Billion Road for Switch, releasing this Winter.
● Bandai Namco Entertainment also announced Katamari Damacy Encore (Katamari Damacy Reroll) for Switch releasing this Winter priced at ¥3,456.
● Indie games announcements in the Nintendo Direct were Impact Gameworks with Tangledeep (Fall 2018), Messhof with Nidhogg 2 (Fall 2018), Devolver Digital with Downwell (Fall 2018), X.D. Network Inc. with Muse Dash (Winter 2018) and Sparpweed with ibb & obb (2018).
● Paradox Interactive announced, and released, Cities: Skylines – Nintendo Switch Edition on the Switch eShop priced at ¥5,184.
● Bandai Namco Entertainment announced Go Vacation will finally release in Japan on 27 December priced at ¥5,378.
● Blizzard Entertainment confirmed that Diablo III: Eternal Collection will be coming to Japan this Winter, although no exact date.
● Nintendo announced, and released, Splatoon 2 Ver.4.0.0 with two new modes: Normal and Pro, replacing Solo and Team modes in Splatfests, plus the new Kensa Collection.
● Nintendo also announced Mario Tennis Ace Ver.2 for 19 September adding Shy Guy, Bird, Koopa Paratroopa and Petey Piranha, as well as a new Co-op Challenge mode.
● Digital Extremes announced they will publish Warframe in Japan on 20 November. Trailer added here.
● Tencent Games announced that Arena of Valor will also not require a paid Nintendo Switch Online subscription to play online.
● The teaser website for Omega Labyrinth Life has opened up (here).
● Nintendo announced Keito no Kirby Plus (Kirby’s Extra Epic Yarn) for 3DS in 2019 with some extra features from the Wii version.
● Nintendo finally announced a release date for Luigi Mansion in Japan for 08 November priced at ¥5,378.
● Also seeing a release date was Mario & Luigi RPG DX 3 (Mario & Luigi: Bowser’s Inside Story) for 27 December priced at ¥5,378.
● The first footage of the XFLAG game Mobile Ball was shown, with the game releasing on both 3DS and smartphone (with cross play between the two) in Winter 2018 as a eShop only title.
● Blizzard Entertainment announced that Diablo III Eternal Collection will release on 02 November 2 priced at $59.99/£49.99.
● Ghostlight announced they will be bringing the JRPG Fairy Fencer F: Advent Dark Force to the Switch eShop in Europe in the Autumn 2018 with Idea Factory publishing in North America.
● Nintendo Co., Ltd. (independently of Creatures Co., Ltd. and Game Freak Inc.) applied for a new Detective Pikachu trademark in Japan for hundreds of purposes. Actual trademark added here.
● Nintendo announced Nintendo Live 2018 taking place in Tokyo and Kyoto over four dates in November with tournaments for Dairantou Smash Bros. SPECIAL, ARMS, Mario Tennis Ace and Splatoon 2.
● No separate post as it’s almost 6am here, but watch the UNDERTALE launch trailer here.
● All the character trailers for Persona Q2: New Cinema Labyrinth , adding Yukiko Amagi here.
● And the 10th Anniversary Edition trailer for Tales of Vesperia REMASTER (Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition) here.