Weekly Update With The Week’s Top Japanese Nintendo Switch, 3DS, And Mobile News Stories!
Support us by shopping at japanesenintendo.com/shop
(use the code JPNINTENDO for $3 USD off)!
● The Dairantou Smash Bros. SPECIAL Direct saw Simon and Richter Belmont, King K. Rool, Chrom and Dark Samus all announced for the game with amiibo for all five coming too!
● Bandai Namco updated Taiko no Tatsujin Nintendo Switch Version! to Ver.1.0.3 improving loading times and adding full English support to the Japanese version.
● Yuji Horii said that development of the Switch version of Dragon Quest XI: Sugisarishi Toki o Motomete “is going well” and that he hopes to give out more information at the Tokyo Game Show.
● Yokai Watch 4 will let you use human characters such as Keita, Natsume, Shin, Akinori and Touma in battles. The game will also see a fourth world in addition to the already announced worlds of Keita, Natsume and Shin.
● The Pokémon Company announced that Mega Evolutions will be returning to the Pokémon Let’s Go games with Venusaur, Charizard X and Y, and Blastoise currently confirmed.
● Nintendo announced that the paid Nintendo Switch Online subscription service will begin in the second half of September with the official start date to be announced at a later date.
● Happinet announced the horror RPG Hyakki Castle: Kougi Onmitsu Roku (Haunted Dungeons: Hyakki Castle) will be coming to the eShop on 30 August priced at ¥1,500.
● Koei Tecmo Games announced Nobunaga no Yabou: Taishi with Power-Up Kit for Nintendo Switch, adding Siege Battles and more to the original game, and due this Winter.
● Oizumi Amuzio will be publishing a physical version of the acclaimed Stardew Valley for the domestic Japanese market.
● Flyhigh Works announced they will be releasing a retail version of DEEMO on 25 October priced at ¥3,888.
● Flyhigh Works also announced the 2D side-scrolling game TRANSIRUBY from Skipmore, the space clicker game Captain StarONE, and the action puzzle game Obake na Fune to Takaramono.
● CFK announced Nekopara Vol.2: Shimai Neko no Sucre for Switch although no release date.
● Arc System Works announced the action adventure game The MISSING – J.J. Macfield to Tsuioku Shima – (The Missing: J.J. Macfield and the Island of Memories) for the Switch eShop in 2019.
● The Japanese 3DS Theme Shop added a Tuxedosam theme, as well as a MikitoP theme, and four Eve themes.
● SystemSoft Alpha’s long-delayed Daisenryaku Daitoua Koboshi DX ~Dainiji Sekai Taisen~ has been put back again: this time from a ‘Summer’ to ‘Winter’ release window.
● Persona Q2: New Cinema Labyrinth is currently 80% complete and will include 28 playable characters in the game (five at a time), and is a completely independent story.
● Nintendo have announced that refunds for the Wii Shopping Channel servic ewill begins in late February 2019 until 31 August that year with refunds for Wii Points, Wii Point Prepaid Cards and Nintendo Point Prepaid Cards.
● Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp saw the second half of Redd’s Summer Festival gardening event begin and a free Toad’s Hat. Fishing Tourney #5 will begin next week alongside Pascal’s Kiddie Pool.
● Fire Emblem Heroes saw a Grand Hero Battle Revival with Takumi, Summoning Focus: Heroes With Fighter Skills featuring Hardin, Effie and Robin, Special Heroes: Festival in Hoshido featuring Micaiah, Ryoma, Elincia and Xander, and a Version 2.8.0 update adding the Great Summoner tier.
● Super Mario Run will see the items you can get in Remix 10′s Super Bonus Game all relate to Bowser’s Minions this weekend.
● Bethesda Softworks announced that DOOM Eternal is coming to Nintendo Switch.
● Nintendo announced that The World Ends with You: Final Remix will release in both North America and Europe on 12 October.
● Nintendo of Europe announced a Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Limited Edition with a copy of the game, a GameCube Controller Super Smash Bros. edition and a GameCube Controller adapter.
● Warner announced a Scribblenauts Mega Pack featuring both Scribblenauts Unlimited and Scribblenauts Unmasked: A DC Comics Adventure for Switch on 18 September.
● NIS America announced that The Liar Princess and the Blind Prince (Usotsuki Hime to Moumoku Ouji) will release in the West in 2019.
● The official Bravely Default Twitter account renamed itself as Bravely ◯◯◯◯◯ and teased that there will be Bravely related news coming soon.
● Konami Digital Entertainment applied for new Contra (English word), Bomber World (English words) and Bomberman (English word plus the Japanese ボンバーマン) trademarks in Japan with the first two for videogames and the third for trading cards.
● And Taito Corporation applied for three motion trademarks for Space Invaders.
● Sekaiju no Meikyuu X (Etrian Odyssey X) was the best-selling game in Japan last week selling 71,946 units at retail.
● Extreme Games will announce a Langrisser ‘series restart’ on 23 August with the teaser website published here .
● Watch the full Nintendo Direct presentation for presentation here.
● And watch the latest trailer for the Pokémon Let’s Go! games featuring Mega Evolutions, Vermilion City and Team Rocket here.