Weekly Update With The Week’s Top Japanese Nintendo Switch, 3DS, And Mobile News Stories!
Support us by shopping at japanesenintendo.com/shop
(use the code JPNINTENDO for $3 USD off)!
● The Nintendo Co., Ltd. quarterly earnings saw operating profit at ¥30.5 billion ($274 million), with ¥168 billion ($1.51 billion) in revenue, up 88% from the same quarter last year.
Nintendo Switch stands at 19.67 million units sold worldwide as of 30 June with Super Mario Odyssey the best-selling software with 11.17 million sales!
● Nintendo announced the next Splatoon 2 Splatfest for 18 – 19 August, sponsored by Meiji Dairies between Kinoko No Yama (Chocorooms) or Takenoko No Sato (Chococones).
● Square-Enix and Nintendo announced that OCTOPATH TRAVELER has surpassed one million shipments globally, including eShop downloads.
● Althi announced they will release a retail version of WorldNeverland – Elnea Kingdom on 25 October in Japan priced at ¥4,968.
● 5pb. announced the visual novel Robotics;Notes DaSH for 22 November priced at ¥8,424 for physical and ¥7,560 for digital.
● Hachinoyon announced UNDERTALE will release on 15 September priced at ¥4,320 for physical and ¥1,620 for digital. Fangamer Japan will publish the Collector’s Edition priced at ¥9,504, with full contents pictured here.
● Marvelous willl publish the pinball game PEACH BALL Senran Kagura on 13 December priced at ¥5,378 or ¥10,756 for a limited edition which includes a physical version of Shinobi Refle -Senran Kagura-.
● Bandai Namco Entertainment have announced the Dragon Ball FighterZ Open β will be from 10-12 August with preloading now live on the eShop.
● Several new UNTIES announcements with TOKYO DARK -Remembrance- for Winter, Gensokyo Defenders for Fall, Mayonaka Garan (The Midnight Sanctuary) and Maihana Soumakyou (Azure Reflections) for 30 August.
● Atlus announced Persona Q2: New Cinema Labyrinth will release for Nintendo 3DS in Japan on 29 November priced at ¥7,538. Watch the 60 second TV commercial here.
● Jupiter announced Picross e9 for release on the Japanese 3DS eShop next week (8 August) priced at ¥500 with other 300 puzzles in total.
● Rainy Frog announced the puzzle game Square Pict Block-a-Pix (Block-a-Pix Color) for the eShop next week (8 August) priced at ¥500.
● Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp updated to Version 1.7.0 with the patch notes posted here. The game also saw Julian’s stardust cookie and Redd’s Summer Festival.
● Fire Emblem Heroes saw the Legendary Hero Summoning Event – Lucina: Glorious Archer, and Feh’s Summer Celebration with Log-In Bonuses, Special quests, Daily Reward Maps, Double EXP and SP, Tempest Trials + and Daily summoning-focus revivals.
● Super Mario Run saw the return of the Gold Goomba Lite Event with Super Mario Odyssey statue rewards.
● NPD data for June saw Mario Tennis Aces as the best-selling overall game and the NES Classic Mini the best-selling overall console.
● DotEmu announced that Windjammers is coming to Nintendo Switch in 2018.
● Inside Systemannounced Brave Dungeon: Seigi no Imi and scheduled for release on an undisclosed platform(s) in 2019.
● Arc System Works announced the next game in the Guilty Gear series is in development for release on an undisclosed platform(s).
● And RS34 announced the vertical shooter Radirgy S is in development for release this Fall on undisclosed platform(s).
● Watch NyaNyaNya Neko Mario Time Episode #120 featuring Made in Wario Gorgeous, Kirby Star Allies, Pro Yakyuu Famista Evolution and Splatoon 2 here.