Friday Update With New Labo Kit, Super Mario Concert, Splatoon 2 Esports Series, Plus Much More News!
Support us by shopping at japanesenintendo.com/shop
(use the code JPNINTENDO for $3 USD off)!
● Nintendo announced Nintendo Labo Toy-Con 03: Drive Kit (Vehicle Kit in the West), and scheduled for 14 September 2018 release, priced at ¥7,538 and which allows you to create Car, Plane, and Submarine vehicles. Trailers added here.
● Nintendo updated Xenoblade 2 to Version 1.5.1 which includes the Skill RAM “Shackle Blade Resist” I – V added as parts you can create via Poppiswap, the ability to acquire the Rare Blade ‘Crossette’, the fourth and final round of DLC quests, the new difficulty levels ‘Bringer of Chaos’ and ‘Custom’ and much more
● Nintendo updated Kirby Star Allies to Version 3.0 adding three new Dream Friends: Adelaine & Ribbon, Dark Meta Knight, and Daroach, three new celebration pictures to complete by collecting Picture Pieces as well as fixing several issues to enhance gameplay.
● And Nintendo also updated Splatoon 2 to Version 3.2.1 with changes to Competitive Play and to Salmon Run. Full patch notes posted here.
● Soldier Storage announced the visual novel game Princess Night for release on the Switch eShop in Japan. Trailers added here.
● 10 Second Run Returns developers Kaeru Panda announced they are working on a completely new Nintendo Switch title that will release on the eShop in the Fall.
● A ‘Marvelous × Honey∞Parade Games Senran Kagura New Release 2018’ presentation was announced for 02 August promising new information on the Senran Kagura anime, details on the Nintendo Switch title PEACH BALL: Senran Kagura and more.
● Karaoke JOYSOUND for Nintendo Switch will see free play days for the next four Saturdays, has a special Summer Ticket Price, and now features a full screen mode, the ability to register your favourite songs and artists, and to set your own Mii to your account.
● Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp saw animals number 103 and 104 arrive with Penelope and Cube. Artwork and furniture added here.
● Fire Emblem Heroes saw the Summoning Focus: Heroes with Distant Def begin featuring Micaiah: Priestess of Dawn, Celica: Caring Princess and Rhajat: Black Magician.
● Bandai Namco Entertainment America officially announced Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum ‘n’ Fun! for 02 November in North America. Announcement trailer added here.
● A Super Mario Orchestra Concert was announced for Japan entitled ‘Koopa is the Protagonist!’, taking place at the KYOTO CMEX 2018 in Kyoto on 15-16 September. Music performed will be from the original Super Mario Bros. right through to Super Mario Odyssey!
● The Puro Yakyuu league, Nippon Professional Baseball announced a NPB eSports Series Splatoon 2 for Spring 2019 where 12 teams (totalling 48 players) competing in the Splatoon Koshien 2019 tournament will represent 12 NPB teams. NPB will also be sponsoring Koshien 2019.
● Nintendo announced they will have a booth at the National Entertainment Festival (Zentame) on 04–5 August in Gifu City featuring the indie games ‘Stikbold! A Dodgeball Adventure DELUXE’, ‘Ultra Space Battle Brawl’, ‘Overcooked! 2′, ‘Bad North’, ‘Minit’ and ‘Bomb Chicken’.
● New My Nintendo Rewards include discounts for Momotaro Dentetsu 2017, Devilish Brain Training, Super Mario Maker and Wonderful 101 on top of discounts for The Legend of Zelda A4 Clear File and Breath of the Wild High Definition Acrylic Art Board. More info here.
● A discounted Mario Kart 8 Deluxe beat both Taiko no Tatsujin and OCTOPATH TRAVELER in this week’s Nintendo Switch eShop Charts. See the full top 10 (plus 3DS and Wii U) here.
● Watch the Japanese release date announcement trailer for LEGO DC Super Villains here.
● Thanks to naruki for more news tips today!