Boxing Day News Update with Game Freak’s New Year message, GoldenEye 007 servers to close, plus much more news!
● Pokémon Ultra Sun Moon director Kazumasa Iwao said of 2018: “We will still continue to hype up Pokemon, so please look forward to it.”
● Shinya Takahashi and Yoshiaki Koizumi of Nintendo Co., Ltd. revealed that their were around five Nintendo Switch prototypes with early Joy-Con prototypes including “sticking them with magnets and putting them on dish-shaped parts.” Check out the full translation here.
● Hamster CEO Satoshi Hamada told Weekly Famitsu that his goal is to release 800 Arcade Archives titles.
● Hamster will also publish ACA NEOGEO King of the Monsters on the Switch eShop next week (4 January 2018) priced at ¥823. Check out the trailer here.
● The official name for the D3 Publisher escape title will be THE Misshitsukara no Dasshutsu ～Unmei o Tsunagu 35 no Nazo～. The billiards and tennis titles are could just that!
● There will be Atelier Lydie & Suelle costume DLC coming to Winning Post 8 2018 on 29 March 2018 (picture here).
● Watch the first trailer for Kaiji ～Zetsubou no Tekkotsu Watari～ here.
● Genius Sonority announced that Denpa Ningen no RPG FREE! has been downloaded a total of 3.3 million times on Japanese 3DS devices.
● Girls Mode 4: Star ☆ Stylist now has a 15 song Vocal Collection available. Go here for details and links!
● In Wii news and not Wii U, the online servers for GoldenEye 007 will be finally pulled on 30 March 2018 at 10:00 JST.
● Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp saw the limited-time New Year’s event begin with New Year’s-themed items and clothing. Full details (with pictures) here.
● Fire Emblem Heroes saw a new set of Tempest Trials, entitled A Gift of Peace running until 9 January with daily quests and a new Log-In Bonus too.
● Miitomo saw the return of the three “A winter wonderland! Sparkling Snowscape” Miitomo Drop stages until 29 December with a number of icy apparel all pictured here.
● Retro Studios are looking to hire a Level 2 Designer. Thanks to GoNintendo.
● The Weekly Famitsu Game of the Year as voted for by game developers was The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. Dragon Quest XI: Sugisarishi Toki o Motomete was at #2 with Splatoon 2 at #4 and Super Mario Odyssey at #5.
● Bandai Namco Entertainment began a One Piece 20th Anniversary Series Sale with one of the Switch titles and two of the 3DS titles reduced. Go here for specifics.
● Dr. Serkan Toto of Kantan Games gave his Game Business predictions for 2018 including the following: “The Switch will be 2018’s best-selling console, through increased support by triple-A developers and indies, a virtual console-like offering, the online service, and remakes of older titles (Mario Maker, for instance).” Go here to read the rest!
● The best way of supporting this site is by shopping at japanesenintendo.com/shop (add the code JPNINTENDO at checkout for $3 USD off your order)!
Please support Japanese Nintendo