Wednesday News Update with Super Mario Bros. movie rumours, plus RXN -Raijin- and more announced for Switch!
● Kayak announced a vertical scrolling shoot’em-up RXN -Raijin- for Nintendo Switch releasing in December priced at ¥4,212. The game is developed by Gulti and is scheduled for worldwide release. Check out the trailer here.
● 5pb announced that Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds Overdrive is coming to Nintendo Switch on 7 December worldwide priced at ¥1,000 ($9.99 /€7.99) and will include all the DLC of the other versions.
● ARMS will be updated to Version 4.0 tomorrow (16 November) adding a new fighter, a new attribute with a new mode also teased!
● Rainy Frog announced the horizontal scrolling shoot’em-up Star Ghost for Nintendo Switch launching worldwide on 30 November priced at ¥999 ($8.99/€8.99/£7.99). Trailer here
● Rainy Frog also announced the Switch version of the 3DS runner/platformer Kid Tripp RUN! on the Japanese shop next week (23 November) priced at ¥500. Trailer here.
● Hamster will be publishing the SNK futuristic football game ACA NEOGEO Soccer Brawl for Switch next week (22 November) priced at the usual ¥823.
● Cartoon Network will publish Battle Chef Brigade on the Switch eShop next week (23 November) priced at ¥2,100.
● QuantumAstroGuild will publish the puzzler Tumblestone on the Switch eShop next week (23 November) priced at ¥1,490.
● Unsure whether this should be in the Switch section but a continuation of the Hako Boy (Box Boy!) series was teased in the closing graphic from this video.
● Super Bomberman R has been updated to Version 2.0 adding a new free game mode called “Grand Prix”, ten new Bombers including Dracula, Goemon, Princess Tomato plus more. Trailer here.
● Monster Hunter XX Nintendo Switch Ver. has been updated to Version 1.3.0 adding 30 second Video Capture.
● Fire Emblem Musou was updated to Version 1.2 as well plus English voice pack DLC. Update contents in a prior post!
● Pokkén Tournament DX has been updated to Version 1.1.0 adding online Team Battles, a recording feature to Free Training in Practice Mode and much more detailed in full here.
● Hyper Feather Ball (Ultra Hyperball) will bE 50% off from 22 November – 06 December) priced at just ¥490 (from ¥980).
● The winning entries in the first Super Mario Odyssey snapshot mode contest and details of the second contest here.
● Official CoroCoro artwork for the Emperor Gear in Splatoon 2 here.
● The latest Japanese TV commercial for Xenoblade 2 here
● The Japanese trailer for LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2 here .
● And the Japanese trailer for SteamWorld Dig 2 here.
● Bergsala-Lightweight will remove Hello Kitty to Mahou no Apron: Rhythm Cooking ♪ (Hello Kitty’s Magic Apron) from the Japanese 3DS eShop on 22 November at 09:00 JST. No reason was given.
● Bandai Namco Entertainment are the company behind Bakuchou Bar Hunter for Nintendo 3DS. Check out the first image of the bizarre looking fishing peripheral here.
● A how to play Kirby Battle Deluxe! video introduced by Waddle Dee and Susie here. The second leg of the copy ability general election is now open here. Oh, and the game is available for pre-load too priced at ¥5,378 and requiring 1,660 blocks.
● Also available for pre-load is Shingeki no Kyojin 2 ~Mirai no Zahyou~ priced at ¥6,458 and requiring 13,179 blocks and Suichara ～Sweets chara mode～ Sweets Gakkou e Youkoso! priced at ¥5,918 and requiring 1,294 blocks.
● FuRyu announced they will be showcasing the new Future Card Buddyfight, Doraemon and Beyblade Burst 3DS games at the upcoming World Hobby Fair Winter ‘18 on 21 January 2018.
● Rideon Japan are holding a half-price sale for both Adventure Bar Story and Adventure Bar Labyrinth from 22 November – 06 December with both priced at just ¥324 (from ¥648).
● This week’s update to the Japanese 3DS Theme Shop saw five new vocaloid themes with Nejishiki feat. Yuzuki Yukari, Omoi feat. Hatsune Miku, YurryCanon feat. GUMI, R Sound Design feat. Hatsune Miku and Kairiki Bear feat. Hatsune Miku. Trailers for all five new themes added here.
● Watch the Monster Hunter Frontier Z collaboration movie with Fate/stay night [UBW] here.
● Fire Emblem Heroes saw an update adding New Heroes (Farfetched Heroes) with Joshua, Mia, Lute and Dorcas, Book II with Sutr and Fjorm plus tons more and all recapped here.
● Miitomo saw the “Creepy crawlies can be cute too! Bug Fashion Parade [B]” stage available featuring the Butterfly Hair Clip and Dress and Bee T-Shirt and Shorts all pictured here.
● The Super Mario Run and Super Mario Odyssey collaboration is currently running until 28 November. Check the full list of available statues during the event here. Today’s statue is Pauline.
● And the latest Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp log-in bonus here. Add me too using the ID 5504 6289 353.
● Artax Games announced a “pixel art old school shoot’em-up” Iro Hero for Nintendo Switch for Q1 2018. Trailer here.
● Worms will be available on the Switch eShop from 23 November with a retail version to follow in the not too distant future.
● The Wall Street Journal report that Nintendo are close to an agreement with Minions studio Illumination Entertainment to make an animated Super Mario Bros. movie with Shigeru Miyamoto likely to become the producer.
● Columbus Circle will publish the Super Famicom side-scrolling beat-‘em-up Gurume Sentai Barayarou in Japan in late January 2018 as a physical release. Watch the new trailer here.
● Last week’s Media Create sales saw Sonic Forces open with just 4,686, Super Mario Odyssey sell 73,315, Splatoon 2 sell 23,130, Switch sell 79,958, 3DS sell 19,369 and Wii U sell 36.
● NyaNyaNya! Neko Mario Time Episode #102 featuring Pokémon Ultra Sun Moon, Super Mario Odyssey, Mario & Luigi RPG 1 DX and Human Resource Machine here .
● Lawson will be having a second Hoshi no Kirby campaign in-stores from 21 November with a huge amount of goods and merchandise with some pictured here.
Please support Japanese Nintendo