Wednesday Update with insane Splatoon 2 attachment rate, Order Land, Nazotoki Mail and Burning Fight release on Switch plus lots more news!
● At least 79.97% of Japanese Nintendo Switch owners have purchased Splatoon 2 which includes retail sales until 24 September and digital until 27 August. The actual figure is likely above 80% which is absolutely insane!
● Poisoft released the strategy RPG Order Land! on the Nintendo Switch a few hours ago priced at ¥888 including the three gameplay modes and an added online mode from the Nintendo 3DS version. Check out the trailer here.
● Silver Star Japan today also released a bizarre email game Nazotoki Mail on the Switch eShop also priced at just ¥200 involving the player answering questions (in Japanese). Check out the trailer here,
● The third unannounced game on the Switch eShop today was the beat’em-up ACA NEO GEO Burning Fight from Hamster priced at the usual ¥823. As always, check out the updated Release Schedule.
● Nintendo will release The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild including Chinese language in both Hong Kong and Taiwan in early 2018 which is another huge step into Asian expansion for Nintendo. Trailer here.
● Japanese sales for last week saw Pocket Monsters Gold & Silver sell 56,013 download cards, Pokkén Tournament DX open with 51,960, Splatoon 2 sell a further 20,697 and Nintendo Switch sell 50,146. Full charts here.
● Famitsu digital estimates for 31 July – 27 August saw Splatoon 2 sell 46,125, Monster Hunter XX Nintendo Switch Ver. sell 14,061 (one weekend) and Dragon Quest XI: Sugisarishi Toki o Motomete sell 11,675.
● Runbow will be available for Nintendo Switch in early 2018 with 13AM Games also working on a new IP for Nintendo Switch. Source is Famitsu.
● New DLC characters are now available in Mighty Gunvolt Burst available now for ¥200 with Call from Mighty No. 9 and Cyan from Armed Blue Gunvolt / Azure Striker Gunvolt. Thanks to everyone who helped me out with that one!
● You can pre-order the 25th Anniversary Kirby Art & Style Collection book here with it releasing this November.
● Added to the Nintendo Switch eShop next week are KOI from Flyhigh Works priced at ¥500 (trailer here) and Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime from Asteroid Base priced at ¥1,599.
● So many new rewards have been added to My Nintendo including Metroid: Samus Returns wallpaper, the Legend of Zelda × Mario Kart 8 DLC as well as software discounts for several 3DS and Wii U games. Check out the full list of rewards and discount prices here.
● Capcom have a reduced Monster Hunter Stories (¥3,990 → ¥2,793) and Monster Hunter XX (¥5,990 → ¥4,193) until 09 October. Also on sale next week is the Cooking Mama series and every Starsign 3DS game. Check out the full list here.
● The Japanese 3DS Theme Shop was updated with new Sumikko Gurashi, AKB48, Digimon, Hamukoro and The Ferret themes. Check out the full post with some trailers here.
● Miitomo today added the “Legends of the animal kingdom! Zoo Wonders [Monkey]” stage including a Cheeky Monkey Jumper, Comfy Monkey Hoodie, Monkey Hat and Monkey Tail Bottoms all pictured here.
● Fire Emblem Heroes today added the return of the Grand Hero Clarisse: Sniper in the Dark event plus some limited-time special quests available too.
● The official Splatoon Twitter account recently posted pictures of the band ω-3 (Omega Three) that plays the BGM in the Splatoon 2 Salmon Run mode. Artwork and song links posted here.
● And read our very first import review of Chicken Wiggle here with Golf Story to be our second! And thanks for following!
Please support Japanese Nintendo