Monday Update with new Monolith Soft game, Gotouchi Tetsudou, Final Fantasy VI 3DS, Splatoon 2 tournament and much more!
● The lead picture comes from Monolith Soft who are recruiting for a new action game that is ‘an ambitious project different from the brand image of Monolith Soft’. More artwork here.
● Bandai Namco Entertainment are keeping up with their promise of a monthly Switch game by announcing a port of the board game Gotouchi Tetsudou for Nintendo Switch releasing this Winter featuring Miis, 120 gotouchi mascots and some new content.
● Nintendo will release 12 Super Famicom games for the New Nintendo 3DS Virtual Console on 23 August with Demons Blazon, Breath of Fire I/II, Castlevania XX, Ganbare Goemon 2/3, Ogre Battle, Final Fantasy IV/V/VI, Romancing Saga 2 and Famicom Detective Club Part II. More details here.
● Nintendo will also hold a Nintendo eShop Summer Sale 2017 from 23 August – 4 September with over 50 games at 20% off (plus a further 20% for My Nintendo members) including the 12 Super Famicom games, Ocarina of Time, Yoshi’s Woolly World, Fire Emblem if, Dragon Quest VII and VIII, Mario Kart 7, Miitopia, Super Mario Maker, Pro Yakyuu Famista Climax, Ace of Seafood, Pikmin 3, Rhythm Tengoku The Best Plus, Pocket Monsters Red / Green / Blue / Yellow and more.
● All Klon Co., Ltd. games were removed from the 3DS shop today. The full list here but it includes Karous -The Beast of Re:Eden-, Radirgy de Gojaru! and the Raishi games. No reason was given.
● There will be two Nintendo presentations held during Gamescom 2017 featuring both Super Mario Odyssey (with Yoshiaki Koizumi on 23 August at 06:00 PT, 09:00 ET, 14:00 BST, 15:00 CET, 22:00 JST) and Metroid Samus Returns (with Yoshio Sakamoto and José Luis Márquez on 24 August at 03:00 PT, 06:00 ET, 11:00 BST, 12:00 CET, 19:00 JST).
● The third annual Splatoon tournament and the first featuring Splatoon 2 Splatoon Koshien 2018 has been announced and will begin on 24 September 2017 in the Tokai district totalling eight districts. Each will air live on niconico.
● The new Famicom cartridge game NEO Heiankyo Alien has been delayed by one week until 7 September.
● Japan will also be getting a Pokémon Ultra Sun Moon Double Pack on 17 November containing a copy of both versions of the game.
● Sekaiju to Fushigi no Dungeon 2 (Etrian MyStery Dungeon 2) will see free delivery of all five types of DLC for a limited time only until 30 September.
● Hamster Corporation have applied for a trademark for Arcade Archives. Hopefully this means they will bring the games to more platforms.
● Miitomo today added the the Frilly Strapless Top, Plain Blouse & Flared Skirt and Buttoned Cuff Socks (pictured here) to its in-game shop.
● And Fire Emblem Heroes added the Grand Hero Battle with Valter: Dark Moonstone from Fire Emblem: Seima no Kouseki/The Sacred Stones.
● Watch the Denjin☆Gacha team play Sonic Mania here.
● COMG! pre-orders have Monster Hunter XX Nintendo Switch Ver. with just 48 (it releases later this week) with sales having Dragon Quest XI: Sugisarishi Toki o Motomete with 181, The Snack World: Trejarers with 68 and Splatoon 2 with 31.
Please support Japanese Nintendo