Huge Wednesday Update with Nintendo Switch Online released, Rei-Jin-G-Lu-P announced, plus much more news!
● Nintendo Co., Ltd. have released their fifth mobile app with Nintendo Switch Online. Only Splatoon 2 (SplatNet 2) is currently compatible. Unfortunately the app cannot be opened in the background and requires reconnecting if you do anything else with your smartphone. Other than that huge issue, it works fine!
● Kemco’s werewolf themed visual horror game Rei-Jin-G-Lu-P is coming to Nintendo Switch on 3 August priced at ¥3,000. The game is already on PlayStation 4, Vita and smartphones.
● Hyper Feather Ball (Ultra Hyperball) will release on Nintendo Switch in Japan next week (28 July) priced at ¥980. Japanese launch trailer here.
● The tower defence/puzzle game Boost Beast is now available on the Nintendo Switch in Japan priced at ¥1,200. Rest of the World tomorrow!
● Looks like there will be no Japanese 3DS eShop releases next week as no company wants to compete with Dragon Quest XI: Sugisarishi Toki o Motomete!
● Hey Pikmin! opened with 79,517 in Japan including download cards with Ever Oasis ~Seirei to Tanebito no Mirage~ opening with just 15,907. Nintendo Switch hardware sold 25,154 and Nintendo 3DS 48,464 boosted by the release of the New Nintendo 2DS LL. Full charts here.
● Nintendo Switch hardware took just three minutes (not a typo!) to sell out on the My Nintendo Store today. I believe that is a new record.
● This week’s new Japanese 3DS themes include Cinnamoroll and THE BIRD themes both from FuRyu, EGOIST 「Eiyuu Unmei no Uta」 from RekoChoku and a Sumikko Gurashi: Koko Doko Nandesu? theme from Nippon Columbia.
● New eShop sales include a permanent price revision for Monster Hunter Stories plus an Arc System Works sale including Daikaitaku Jidai: Machi o Tsukurou (Frontier Days Founding Pioneers). Check out the full list of sales including One Piece, Yokai Watch, Creeping Terror and more here.
● Takara Tomy Arts are releasing a set of five Kirby gacha mascots in Japan in early August priced at ¥200 ($1.8) a go with Kirby, Sleeping Kirby, Waddle Dee, Waddle Doo and Meta Knight. Check out pictures here.
● Today’s content update to Miitomo adds the second ‘Chill on the catwalk! Cool Fashion’ Miitomo Drop stage with the Polar Bear T-Shirt, Penguin Companion and Snowy Outfit!
● NyaNyaNya! Neko Mario Time #94 featuring Splatoon 2, ARMS, Ever Oasis, Swapdoodle and Levels+ can be watched here.
● The fourth Susie’s Direct featuring Susie from Kirby Planet Robobot and looking at Blowout Blast here.
● Today’s 3DS updates include Ugoku Memo Tobari 3D (Flipnote Studio 3D) to Ver. 1.3.2 improving image quality of AVI output, Pro Yakyuu Famista Climax adding 24 players, RekoChoku requiring 149 blocks and Super Smash Bros for Nintendo 3DS (also Wii U) to Ver. 1.1.7 requiring 2,604 blocks and allowing compatibility with the new Smash amiibo.
● And in mobile updates: Pokémon: Magikarp Jump was updated to Ver. 1.2.1 requiring 91.4 MB and fixing bugs. Pokémon GO will soon be updated to Ver. 0.69.0 (Android) and Ver. 1.39.0 (iOS) allowing Trainers to send Berries to their Pokémon defending Gyms through the Pokémon info screen when they are not nearby and more.
● Smileaxe have released a set of LINE stickers for the Nintendo Switch game PHOTON³ (Photon Cube) for 50 coins (or equivalent) featuring Rei-chan, her older sister and the robot friend Cu-Be.
● Finally, Persona 5 was voted the best RPG of all-time by readers of Weekly Famitsu beating Dragon Quest III and Chrono Trigger. Check out the full top 20 here.
Please support Japanese Nintendo