Huge Wednesday Update with Dragon Quest Direct, Touch Battle Tank SP, Dead House Saisei and much more!
● Dragon Quest XI: Sugisarishi Toki o Motomete is now available to pre-load on the Japanese 3DS eShop priced at ¥6,458 requiring 20,486 blocks. The Dragon Quest Direct didn’t mention the Switch version but focused mainly on both the 3D and 2D modes in the game and the StreetPassing function where you have a bonus dungeon with cute Ichchi characters. Beating the dungeon allows you to encounter past Dragon Quest worlds (I, V and IX confirmed, more expected to follow).
● SilverStar Japan out-of-nowhere launched their tank action shooting game Touch Battle Tank SP on Nintendo Switch priced at just ¥500. The game is a straight port of the Wii U version keeping the touchscreen controls intact and thus unplayable in TV mode.
● Rainy Frog will be publishing a Nintendo Switch version of the zombie horror Wii U game Dead House Saisei (Vaccine) on the eShop next week (29 June) priced at ¥1,000.
● The Wii U eShop today saw the Wii versions of Donkey Kong Jungle Beat, Pikmin, Pikmin 2 and Odoru Made in Wario priced at ¥2,700 apiece and the Nintendo 64 version of Excitebike 64 priced at ¥1,028.
● Project X Zone 2: Brave New World will be removed from the Nintendo 3DS eShop in Japan on 30 June at 12:00 JST where it is currently priced at ¥7,171.
● Radiant Historia Perfect Chronology Special Trial Version is now available on Japanese 3DS requiring 1,851 blocks but with infinite plays. Data carries over to the full version.
● ARMS opened with 122,007 in Japan, Nintendo Switch hardware sold 49,440 and 3DS hardware sold 12,112. Check out the new look Charts page here for the full list.
● Implosion – Never Lose Hope will be available on the Nintendo Switch eShop on 6 July priced at ¥1,200 and just like the other Rayark game (VOEZ), it will be published by Flyhigh Works.
● This week’s new Japanese 3DS themes on the Theme Shop include Keroppi, Twinkle Star Girls, Team Hiragi, Team Otori, Ancient and Kao Council. Go here to see them all.
● Version 1.1 of Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia is now available in Japan requiring 27 blocks and fixes ‘a presentation issue that occurred in the 4th set of DLC’.
● Nintendo Switch hardware sold out in 18 minutes today on the My Nintendo Store. No separate thread today however!
● Silicon Studio’s Enlighten middleware is now compatible with Nintendo Switch. Go here for the press release.
● HORI will release a ‘Gaming Headset AIR STEREO for Nintendo Switch’ in July priced at ¥3,542 ($32).
● The new HD Famicom/Super Famicom console ’FC Combo HDMI’ releases in Japan on 30 June priced at ¥14,904 ($134). Website here.
● Pre-orders for the White × Orange and Turquoise × Black New Nintendo 2DS LL’s officially opened today.
● The My Nintendo Store will be selling the Special Edition of Metroid: Samus Returns with CD but no game for ¥1,620.
● Both Mysterious Stars 3D games (Fushigi na Ten Tsunagi 3D: Idol Hen and Fushigi na Ten Tsunagi 3D: Fairytale Hen) will be 30% off for two weeks from next week. Go here to see the full list of eShop sales.
● In mobile news: Miitomo added the second ‘Don’t eat too much!? Candy Clad’ stage, Fire Emblem Heroes will soon have downtime (check game for local times) before being updated (on 26 June) to Version 1.5, Pokémon Duel has had a bug fixing minor update and Pokémon GO received a major update with Raid Battles and so much more.
● Last but certainly not least: Kinopio-kun updated the official Nintendo LINE account today with pictures of his, Mechanica, Twintelle and Min-Min’s arms! Go here for all the pics.
Please support Japanese Nintendo