Wednesday Update with a new Pokémon mobile title, new Switch and Wii U games, and much more news!
● The Pokémon Company today announced Pokéland for iOS and Android which is a continuation of the Scramble/Rumble series and will again be a free download with in-app purchases. and it will work with a Nintendo Account!
● Kemco will publish the Exe-Create developed classic JRPG Revenant Saga on the Japanese Wii U eShop next week (7 June) priced at ¥1,080 which will probably one of the last Japanese developed games for the system!
● Sega will publish Sonic Mania on the Japanese Nintendo Switch eShop on 16 August priced at ¥1,944 ($17.5). The Collector’s Edition will unfortunately only come with a PlayStation 4 code and will cost ¥8,502 ($77).
● Kingdom’s Item Shop (Oukoku no Douguya-San) is back on the Japanese 3DS eShop today priced at ¥800. The previous publisher (PUMO) went bankrupt late last year and the game was removed seven weeks ago.
● Another game announced today will see Collavier (Comic Workshop and Painting Workshop) wIth their first Switch title, the card game Physical Contact Speed which is due soon priced at ¥500.
● Plantera: Garden Life DX Edition will release on the Japanese Switch eShop on 8 June priced at ¥500. Thanks to GoNintendo.
● The Monster Hunter XX downloadable content for the Hunter × Hunter collaboration is now live on Nintendo 3DS (for free) with the Gon Freecss outfit and Guild Card both available.
● Alchemic Dungeons, which is available now on the Japanese 3DS eShop has English language support (press ‘X’ then the fourth option down and then fourth option down again!). Review soon btw!
● The Fire Emblem Heroes Summoner’s Guide official guidebook is available today with 320 B5 pages priced at ¥2,052 ($18.5) Go here for some piccies.
● Three new themes on the Japanese 3DS Theme Shop today with Hikonyan (which I bought!), Akashic Records of Bastard Magic Instructor and Tomomi Itano 「#How Nice!」 RecoChoku. Pics of all here.
● Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers opened with just 16,781 in Japan last week, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe sold another 21,269 and has now sold more at retail than The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild in Japan. Nintendo Switch hardware was again the number one system with 27,400.
● Nintendo Switch hardware returns to My Nintendo Store at 13:00 JST on 1 June. It is recommended to check at 12:00 as they’re often listed early. Neon Yellow Joy-Con can be added to the customisable colour selections from 8 June.
● Download cards of Dragon Quest XI: Sugisarishi Toki o Motomete are on sale now priced at ¥6,458 with the 3DS digital version taking up approximately 3GB of space.
● Serkan Toto/Kantan Games reports that The Pokémon Company’s net profit jumped by 26 times to $143 million last year. Read the full details here.
● Ryu ga Gotoku Zero: Chikai no Basho (Yakuza 0) beat out Shenmue and The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild to be the most popular Action Adventure game with readers of Weekly Famitsu. Read the full list here.
● And finally, a retraction and an apology for the numbers I posted yesterday regarding Kamiko. Skipmore informed me these were incorrect and my sincere apologies for publishing them.
Please support Japanese Nintendo