Tuesday Update with Magikarp at No. 1, Level-5 making a Switch game, My Little Red announced plus more news!
Just a quick preface to today’s update to show my support to the family and friends of those affected by the tragedy last night in Manchester and a big thank you to the acts of kindness displayed by many.
● Hanero! Koiking (Pokémon: Magikarp Jump) is now available on the Japanese App Store and Google Play Store (it’s the number one free game on the App Store charts but currently only #156 on the games only Top Grossing charts).
● Akihiro Hino (of Level-5) confirmed that he is developing Switch software (unspecified whether singular or plural) and that there will be a Yokai Watch 4.
● Nightmare Project today announced a first person 3D walking adventure called My Little Red for Nintendo Switch in conjunction with Sunsoft which is scheduled for a 2017 release.
● Nintendo Co., Ltd. stock closed today at 30,880.00 which is their new highest level since 19 July 2016 and the peak of the Pokémon GO craze!
● Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night is apparently just 20-30% complete and is being developed with Unreal Engine so is coming to Switch instead of Wii U.
● The Wii U game Tasukete Tako-San: Save me Mr Tako! may no longer be coming to Wii U from a recent interview between the developer and Source Gaming.
● The Fire Emblem Heroes Summoner’s Guidebook (pictured here) is being released by the Nintendo Dream team on 31 May priced at ¥2,052 ($18.5).
● Weekly Famitsu review scores this week are Doukutsujima with 28/40, Galaxy Blaster with 14/40 and Mini-Golf Resort with 20/40.
● Former Famitsu editor and current Enterbrain president Hirokazu Hamamura thinks there will be Nintendo Switch shortages all year.
● The first set of Pon Pon Pirates (Pirate Pop Plus sequel) screenshots here.
● And some Nine Parchments screenshots (and details!) here.
● Today’s update to Poké Toru (Pokémon Shuffle) sees the addition of a Rowlet challenge and more. Full contents detailed here.
● Capcom have published a set of Megami Meguri Twitter icons here.
● Last but definitely not least, a trademark has been filed for a Sumikko Gurashi arcade game!
Please support Japanese Nintendo