Pokémon GO out now in Japan, Metroid Prime Blast Ball on the eShop, Miitomo × Super Mario, ten Wii games on Wii U and more
● Pokémon GO is now live in Japan! Just a few notes: It’s already at #1 on the iOS charts. Out of 2,900 McDonald’s – 400 are gyms and 2,500 stops. I’m using my UK account successfully on my Japanese iPhone. Nintendo Co. Ltd. stocks closed the week at 28,200 (up just .79% from yesterday). I’ll update throughout the day with the iOS top grossing charts (it was #47, then #8, then #3 and now #1!).
● Metroid Prime: Blast Ball is now available for free on the Japanese 3DS eShop requiring 1,513 blocks. Metroid Prime: Federation Force is also available for pre-load for ¥5,076 and requiring 9,781 blocks. A second video of Kensuke Tanabe talking about Metroid Prime: Federation Force is here.
● In Miitomo news: there is a Twitter poll for a Super Mario themed t-shirt to be delivered in-game; either Bowser, Goomba, Boo or Blooper tees. The poll ends 25 July with the winning tee delivered 29 July. There will also be Super Mario tees on both My Nintendo and Miitomo Drop from 29 July also. Today sees an
“All Eyes On You! Swimwear Collection” theme available on Miitomo Drop and “For a graceful getaway! The Celeb-Style Flared Hat is here!” in Miitomo Shop. Finally, Akira Ishida (from comedy duo ‘NON STYLE’) and (Nadal from comedy duo ‘Korochiki’) are the latest two celebrities to feature in the game.
● Ten Wii games are coming to the Wii U eShop over the next five weeks (two per week) beginning 27 July with Xenoblade Chronicles and Rhythm Heaven Fever. My Nintendo account holders will receive a 30% discount for the first two weeks of sale (¥1,890 instead of ¥2,700). See the full list of games here. I’ll be updating the Release Schedule in full tomorrow!
● New Pokémon Sun Moon information will be delivered on 1 August at 22:00 JST.
● Collectible Badge Center was updated with seven panels of Japan prefecture badges (all 47) and four panels of pixelated Pokémon badges. There will also be free plays for three days and the twelfth set of Baito badges.
● The Nintendo LINE account was updated promoting the final Splatfest plus two smartphone wallpapers and the pictured above pic of Kinopio-kun playing Pokémon GO. Read the full post here.
● The final Splatfest in Splatoon is now live. An advert for the Splatfest ran in this week’s Famitsu (pictured here) btw.
● FuRyu opened up a website covering their new Visual Novel sub-label Kataruhito here with all three games scheduled for next week (27 July). There’s also the first trailers for Higanbana no Saku Yoru ni (The Unforgiving Flowers Blossom in the Dead of Night) here, The House in Fata Morgana here and World End Economica Episode 1 here.
● Tomorrow sees the two year anniversary of Denpa Ningen no RPG FREE! with memorial gifts and a memorial stage.
● An Armed Blue Gunvolt anniversary theme (pictured here) is free with the September issue of Dengeki Nintendo (available now).
● Ver.1.2.0 of Nico ☆ Petit Girls Runway is now available plus some free t-shirts being delivered inside the game (pictured here).
● And Ver.1.44 of Super Mario Maker is also now available. That’s all for now. As always, I’ll update this post below if any news breaks in the next few hours!
● A Monster Hunter Stories Khezu trailer here.
● The Kamiwaza Wanda website is finally open here with the game launching 27 October.
● Puchikon No. 3 SmileBASIC will return to the Japanese 3DS eShop on 27 July after being removed due to potential homebrew exploits.
● And a new Japanese Miitomo promo video here.
Please support Japanese Nintendo