Five new Wii U Indie games announced for Japan
● BitSummit 4th is less than two weeks away (9 & 10 July) and will showcase several new Japanese Nintendo games including Dadako with Pirate Pop Plus for both 3DS and Wii U, Turtle Cream with 6180 The Moon for Wii U, Berzerk Studio with Just Shapes & Beats for Wii U, DotEmu with Wonder Boy: The Dragons Trap for Wii U, Ackk Studios with YIIK: A Postmodern RPG for Wii U and the previously announced Armed Blue Gunvolt 2 (Azure Striker Gunvolt 2) on 3DS from Inti Creates. Also showing (and previously released) are 1001 Spikes on 3DS and Wii U from 8bits Fanatics and both The Legend of Dark Witch titles on 3DS by Inside System (source).
● The Battle Cats POP! (Tobidasu! Nyanko Daisensou) has been downloaded 400,000 times on the Japanese 3DS eShop where it sells for ¥777.
● Miitomo will receive a big-ish update soon (full details here) with the most interesting new function being the addition of Star Accounts where you can friend famous Miis (Japan only). The game also adds an awesome cow onesie today and the Mario hat promotion ends on 1 July.
● Nintendo have opened up a purposefully awful 90’s webpage for Shovel Knight at https://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/aksj/index.html
● Nintendo eShop and related services (Wii Shop Channel, DSi Shop, Theme Shop, online play and rankings etc) will all be down for maintenance on Tuesday (28 June) from 01:00 – 09:00 JST (this will be Monday PM in the West).
● Dragon Quest X 3DS version will also be down for maintenance on Thursday (29 June) from 04:00 – 10:00 JST.
● And Comgnet Rankings for the week saw the new Story of Seasons open with 162 points, Minecraft retail with 47 points and Mario & Sonic Wii U with 43 points. Monster Hunter X is also at 46 points although this is due to the game available at a reduced price. Yokai Watch 3 reservations are now up to 293 points.
Please support Japanese Nintendo